Mountain Airbase

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mountain Airbase

Mountain airbase is type of airbase that was used in WW2/Cold War era. One example I know of was airbase in Yugoslavia(SFRY)

(Airbase and airstrips are inside of the mountain)

Wikipedia like:
      en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BDeljava_Air_Base

How would this type of airbase work in game?
      *Construction possible only in provinces with terrain: mountains
      *Three levels of this building
      -Level 1 holds 4 aircrafts
      -Level 2 holds 8 aircrafts
      -Level 3 holds 12 aircrafts
      *It is "stealth building"(not visible to the enemy)
      *Base and aircrafts in it cannot be harmed by airstrikes ,destroyed only if ground unit/s occupie province in which it is constructed
      *High price of construction
      *Large aircrafts (atomic bombers, Strategic Bombers, paratroopers) cannot use this building

1. #I did not find any information about any kind of rocket using Mountain airbase during WW2/Cold War era however it could potentially be great way of storing and protecting rockets and nuclear rockets from eyes and attacks of enemys. #

What will existance of this building change in game:
      *As paratroopers are not used frequently, existance of this building will give them new chance to shine as they are perfect counter to it.
      *Espionage and ground based units with "revealing stealth units" attributed would be only way of finding this type of airbase and those methods would be used more frequently
      *Better organization on aircraft defence as destroying and then rushing airstrips was considered by many easiest way for now.

I hope you all to read it carefully and give me nice critics :)
      Фарис Синановић, Суна

The post was edited 2 times, last by Suna232 ().

• This is a "Tier 3 - Luxury Feature" addressing an issue that doesn't exist and providing a feature that was used barely a handful of times... ever!

Interesting.. but functionally irrelevant to the war. Less relevant than the 2 nuclear bombs that were used (with disputed results). Yet the Nuke feature gets raised often enough to have been buffed in CoW 2.0 (No more nuclear battleships)

This is a lot of (programming) work for a feature which will bring minuscule in game changes/benefits.

There are so many "Tier 1" problems needing to be addressed, I just can't see this getting any traction.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

This is a "Tier 3 - Luxury Feature" addressing an issue that doesn't exist and providing a feature that was used barely a handful of times... ever!
      Completely true

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Interesting.. but functionally irrelevant to the war. Less relevant than the 2 nuclear bombs that were used (with disputed results). Yet the Nuke feature gets raised often enough to have been buffed in CoW 2.0 (No more nuclear battleships)
      Every option finds it's own function eventually.
      Especially with this building that will assure aircrafts safety from range attacks.
      There are many Luxury Features that serve much less purpose. This is not chess game it is something more creative.

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

This is a lot of (programming) work for a feature which will bring minuscule in game changes/benefits.
      I disagree that making this feature to work with already existing code is difficult. Definitely isn't something that can easily be done in a day, however not a long term project ether.

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

There are so many "Tier 1" problems needing to be addressed, I just can't see this getting any traction.
      This is not bug report, suggestions are all acceptable. I am sure there are tonnes of things with higher priority however that shouldn't stop anyone from sharing their creativity.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна