Planes and their based airfields

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Planes and their based airfields

Has there been a update to to CoW came recently I am unware of regarding how planes behave when their airfield they are based from gets damaged, destroyed or taken over?

Previously you could pin down aircraft to go into transport/convoy mode several ways. E.g. if you can get paras in range, drop them on the airbase where the aircraft was flying out.
      Similarly, damage it enough using strat bombers or rockets, such that the field is not operational anymore.

In my last WoW game, I had several cases where if the airfield the planes flew out of on patrol say, gets taken over or damaged, the planes do NOT go back to base and go into transport mode because the base got taken over or destroyed.
      Instead, they stay patrolling (if that was what they were doing), and they simply get rebased to another airfield in range.

This "feature" makes paras and strat bombers obsolete. It also makes killing off airforce literally impossible.
      It seems that having large stacks of lev 3 or more aircraft makes it pretty much impossible to kill or to pin down to kill.

I guess rebasing kinda makes sense if the new alternative is in range, but then maybe rebalance the game.
      AA, SP AA, even cruisers seems impotent against higher level large stacks for aircraft.
    • Yea, I'd have to agree with air being a bit too powerful for it to make sense in real-world terms. Yes, air power was important, but it shouldn't be the deciding factor in nearly every battle. It make sense if air units couldn't be stacked above 5 or something to prevents 10/10/10 stacks from utterly decimating every enemy around it.
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • PetrusR wrote:

Has there been a update to to CoW came recently I am unware of regarding how planes behave when their airfield they are based from gets damaged, destroyed or taken over?

Previously you could pin down aircraft to go into transport/convoy mode several ways. E.g. if you can get paras in range, drop them on the airbase where the aircraft was flying out.
      Similarly, damage it enough using strat bombers or rockets, such that the field is not operational anymore.

In my last WoW game, I had several cases where if the airfield the planes flew out of on patrol say, gets taken over or damaged, the planes do NOT go back to base and go into transport mode because the base got taken over or destroyed.
      Instead, they stay patrolling (if that was what they were doing), and they simply get rebased to another airfield in range.

This "feature" makes paras and strat bombers obsolete. It also makes killing off airforce literally impossible.
      It seems that having large stacks of lev 3 or more aircraft makes it pretty much impossible to kill or to pin down to kill.

I guess rebasing kinda makes sense if the new alternative is in range, but then maybe rebalance the game.
      AA, SP AA, even cruisers seems impotent against higher level large stacks for aircraft.
      It has always been like this for years, no change in mechanics took place.

You have to take out other airbases in range as well to pin down aircraft. In the cases were you pinned aircraft down in the past there just were no other airports in range.

The current balancing was set up with this mechanic in mind.
    • freezy wrote:

It has always been like this for years, no change in mechanics took place.
      Are you sure? Because I seem to remember that planes simply changed base while their current patrol order just stayed in place in the past (nothing happened except the basing arrow now came from a new air base), while now they return to the new airbase to refuel first?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • That was not what was talked about in here though. The report/question by PretrusR was if we changed mechanics in a way that planes nowadays can rebase to another airport after their previous one was conquered/destroyed, and he alleged that it was much easier to pin down enemy aircraft since they always had to fly back to he previous one in the past. So I answered that in the past this wasnt the case and that already since several years ago planes where also able to rebase to another airport after their previous airport was conquered. So no mechanics change happened on this particular issue.