Glitches..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I have taken the time to explore the limitations of CoW. And there are. Its ok all games do have their limits. This is not a thread to diss Bytro. Its a fun game, hope they continue to evolve it.
      That said here are some bugs I have encountered after investing a lot of cash into one game.
      A very large army, units disappear. Yes, Ive seen them completely disappear at server day change. Mostly affects planes and specialty units.
      Buildings disappearing. Airfields and fortifications, poof gone lol
      Thus leaving planes stranded .. a little bizarre as a glitch haha

Ingame support button does not work. Hard to report a bug lol

Leveled up Factories are absolutely not producing the 200% or even the 100% promised upswing in resource production from the cities they in.
      Level 2 aircraft carriers seem to have trouble loading a 4th plane. Doesn't seem to recognize it has only 3 planes and not 4.
      Damage from howitzers not as stated.
      Those are some of the glitches I have encountered.
      This is really for the staff. If any of this can help improve the game, awesome :)

Keep up the good work.
    • I'm not a Call of War developer and I don't make the computer programmes, but here's my take:

Moss20 wrote:

[...] here are some bugs I have encountered after investing a lot of cash into one game.
      A very large army, units disappear. Yes, Ive seen them completely disappear at server day change. Mostly affects planes and specialty units.
      I don't use very much gold, principally because I don't possess a credit card, but I've been on a 100-player World at War server and my mates complained about this issue. Were you also playing World at War, and what size stacks are you referring to? Also, is this a recurring bug or just encountered once?

Moss20 wrote:

Buildings disappearing. Airfields and fortifications, poof gone lol
      Thus leaving planes stranded .. a little bizarre as a glitch haha
      Do you suppose this is actually actually the work of saboteurs? They can damage buildings particularly with Gold.

Moss20 wrote:

Ingame support button does not work. Hard to report a bug lol
      Are you playing mobile? Because I play PC and have never encountered this. That said, since last year they've been integrating it with Discord, so maybe the bug is associated with that.

Moss20 wrote:

Leveled up Factories are absolutely not producing the 200% or even the 100% promised upswing in resource production from the cities they in.
      Right. This may be a bug. I've never encountered it, but if the province isn't at 100% morale, it may be affecting the production times and resource production both.

Moss20 wrote:

Level 2 aircraft carriers seem to have trouble loading a 4th plane. Doesn't seem to recognize it has only 3 planes and not 4.
      Absolutely a bug. Unless you have multiple aircraft operating from, but not onboard, the carrier, this is a bug. IDK why, but have never encountered it. By the way, have you noticed that the Japanese carriers can carry three times, not twice, the number of aeroplanes as their level?

Moss20 wrote:

Damage from howitzers not as stated.
      This is probably because of the element of chance. Amounts may deviate by up to 20% on either side of the stated damage, quite apart from bonuses that the defenders get in core provinces. ( see this thread: The functions & exact mechanisms of bonuses)
      Thank you!
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

By the way, have you noticed that the Japanese carriers can carry three times, not twice, the number of aeroplanes as their level?
      Actually it doesn't go from *2 to *3, it is plus one. For L1 carries the effect is the same of course, but for the higher levels it is much less drastic (an L2 Japanase carrier has 5 instead of 4 capacity, for example).

I have played the game for many years, and I have never encountered any of the other bugs you mentioned. For the missing units: are you sure they weren't destroyed by enemy action, possibly by planes? For the buildings, didn't you see the "hourly rate" figures increase? For the missing/damaged buildings: indeed espionage actions may be in play.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Actually it doesn't go from *2 to *3, it is plus one. For L1 carries the effect is the same of course, but for the higher levels it is much less drastic (an L2 Japanase carrier has 5 instead of 4 capacity, for example).
      Oh yes, that makes more sense. I've just almost always encountered only lvl.1 Pan-Asian carriers.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I have played the game for many years, and I have never encountered any of the other bugs you mentioned. For the missing units: are you sure they weren't destroyed by enemy action, possibly by planes? For the buildings, didn't you see the "hourly rate" figures increase? For the missing/damaged buildings: indeed espionage actions may be in play.
      Well as I said, most of these are, like bats, not bug. Those that are bug I've never encountered personally; I'm just reporting, and providing a commentary on, what has been said.
      The buildings are obviously not a bug.
      Cheers.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • For the Airfield, it could have been sabotage. Though I did not really have any enemies that would profit from this.

For the Aircraft carrier having trouble loading a 4th plane, this is a recuring issue. It does not always do it, but happens often. And no, not multiple aircraft issue.

Howitzer damage, I can leave that for another time. More indepth tests would have to be done.

Resource production is absolutely off and not working as stated. (regardless of the morale level, which was always taken into account)
      Math is math. lol
      I am just not impressed with the investment to what you get out of it ratio lol
    • To be very honest, the game would be much more enjoyable with more unit production. So we could actually create frontlines, defensive posts etc.

Hey this is just observation and suggestions. But I have played a ton of strategy games, and they all limit the amount of units. For what reason however I have no clue.
      Also even if one uses gold, your nation can only support so many units. After a while, you need gold to build anything new as the resources cant keep up, especially troops.
      This is from someone who's core was 100% built up with all buildings necessary, as well as conquered provinces near the core all built up.
      I was expecting to be a power house in resources. That did not happen