Call of War 2.0 Preview

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• vietcong2005 wrote:

Well the reason COW is not winning is not because of graphics at all. I can give out the main reasons: P2W, lack of new features, and bad marketing. P2W is not the way to go, or at least the current method. It simply displaces the balance of the game by too much. Any Ads on TikTok are usually shunned because the game is p2w. I propose that skins and extra maps in game can be the solution to this rather than any money effecting actual gameplay. Secondly, the lack of improvements to the game. Tbh the player base has been suggesting hundreds of changes over the years, proposing new units, strategical depth, and new maps. Yet has it been applied? NO! Instead there is only focus on graphics. The key proponent of keeping any game afloat is new content. Without new content you might as well consider the game dead. Lastly the marketing is ridiculous. Present it in a more attractive way rather than the current one because it is complete cringe.
      Indeed, i am completely agree with you! I want to tell the same! But my bad english didnt permit me it! Thank you!!! They have already monthly subscrition from premium accounts!!! Gold need to be only a game valute that can be obtained only from wins!!! They can make more features (not disbalacing, but skins for units or permision to write anonimously to other players for example, a function that they deleted or stylish name of the country, or special nicknames in chats, ONLY VISUAL STUFF FOR MONEY or premium) for premium accounts ( high commands) and make it a little more expensive!! Investe money in a marketing designer because it sucks a lot! And that will be winning combination, not changing my favourite UI!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ValeraZol ().

• I would like to test version 2.0, I contacted support and it was not possible, I think they could release this for players who ask, as it helps in the feedback. I have a team that has been playing for years ready to analyze this new version, we love the changes since 1.0, the game gets better and better.

@freezy
      It.Pennywise
      Moderador | Call of War
      Bytro Labs GmbH | Suporte da Comunidade PT

• Honestly, the only issue I have is the icon for rare metals. All the other icons make sense and I can understand them in the context of the game, but I find it hard to imagine the British air force needing 900 sapphires to create a division of interceptors. With the new UI going for the style of a WW2 war map, seeing a random blue gem representing rare metals at the top of the screen just feels a bit silly and doesn't really make sense in the context of WW2. Maybe reuse the old icon (like you did for Goods), or create a new one more similar to the old one?
    • Sulkia wrote:

Honestly, the only issue I have is the icon for rare metals. All the other icons make sense and I can understand them in the context of the game, but I find it hard to imagine the British air force needing 900 sapphires to create a division of interceptors. With the new UI going for the style of a WW2 war map, seeing a random blue gem representing rare metals at the top of the screen just feels a bit silly and doesn't really make sense in the context of WW2. Maybe reuse the old icon (like you did for Goods), or create a new one more similar to the old one?
      Screenshot_18.png
      It.Pennywise
      Moderador | Call of War
      Bytro Labs GmbH | Suporte da Comunidade PT

• The new UI is not very bad, it has a lot of good new features and can be used to new map graphic but still i think legacy version has a better look.... so instead of installing a completely new UI, adding those new features and a new map design to the current UI this combination should have make much more better. New UI looks very sick to see every letters and numbers in bold and cap. And new icons don't make any better as others mention before.
    • First impression: it is really hard to see the difference between terrain types. Forest is OK, but plain, hills and mountains are way too similar. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get used to it and "see" it when I train my brain for it, but for now, all terrain except forest gets blurred into one.

Also the "coloring" of nations is gone! How are we supposed to see who owns what, especially when there's a lot of border blur?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.

The post was edited 1 time, last by K.Rokossovski ().

• I just saw the province list on the mobile app, and you should REALLY reconsider that one. On my screen (iPhone 7), only two-and-a-half provinces are visible. This makes managing production in an expanding empire virtually impossible. I realize the old situation with two tabs was a bit strange, but it is still MILES above this view! Please consider ways to reduce the row height, so more provinces can be viewed in the same screen!

PS - while you're at it, also please reduce the refresh rate of this one... it is really irritating that current sorting get cancelled all the time while you're working with this screen.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Some good posts in here. I appreciate that you all are continuously monitoring data to try to make the best decisions for the game. While many of the changes recommended here are interesting, I think the most impactful change is whatever brings in new players so that games can run more often (with fewer players going inactive) and, hopefully, more funding coming in to Bytro to continue to develop new enhancements and features--in this way, I think your interests and the interests of the current player base are aligned, and we should embrace any opportunities to potentially increase that player base. I trust your judgment on this and appreciate that you're taking feedback from your current userbase, and I trust that you'll continue to monitor the stats and make adjustments in the future if needed.

Is this intended to be the Beta client / 2.0 client feedback thread? I didn't see another one, but I only quickly scanned the other subforums so it's very likely I missed something. If it is, I'll list some of my own UI feedback here, but can move this to the proper thread if someone can kindly point me there :) . This is all on the PC version of the client; my app hasn't updated so I haven't seen the mobile version yet.
      - I regularly play multiple games simultaneously. When playing on PC, I really appreciated that the play button in the old client would pull up all my games in separate tabs (so I could quickly open all my games). In the Beta client, please set the "Resume" button on the homepage to open the game in a separate tab rather than the same tab.
      - Each time I open a game, the chat box is open and overlaying the map (see attachment). Please set default to have this chat box closed.
      - My icons are blurry and hard to determine at a quick glance (see attachment). This is not improved by increasing my browser's zoom. I think the placement of information is something I can get used to, but I'd love it if the icons themselves were a little easier to read. (Also, I just noticed that it erroneously reports my stack is "under attack"--it isn't)
      - Unless I'm missing it, the account overview / service record window shows PVP k/d but there's no toggle to see AI k/d like there was with the legacy client. This is sometimes handy for newer accounts that may not have much PVP history.
      - It now takes two clicks to get to the Diplomacy window to change my relation with another country, whereas the old client got there in one click (I think--it feels clunkier, at least, and it's something I do several times per game so it was noticeable).
      - [Edited to add one more]--when I'm directing stationary units to move, it was really handy for me to see the total move duration and not just the estimated time of arrival (for example, moving artillery that has just fired to wherever they can get to in 29.x minutes). The beta client only seems to give me estimated time of arrival, requiring some math relative to the current time (in attached screenshot, dragging the move arrow for this infantry shows me that he'd arrive at 4:13pm but doesn't tell me how long that is from now).

Positives:
      - I LOVE that I can see k/d ratio for the current game. Really easy way to evaluate the threat of neighboring countries, especially towards late game.
      - I haven't figured out how to best use the Armies window, the Map Controls window, or the Pinned Map Items window, but there seems to be some really helpful information there.

Again, if there are any video guides to making the best use of the Beta client I think that'd be hugely helpful to folks used to the legacy client. Maybe an idea for @BMfox if you're still making COW video content :)
      Images
      • Screenshot 2022-07-19 092030.jpg

79.48 kB, 1,606×195, viewed 4 times
      • Screenshot 2022-07-19 095108.jpg

146.04 kB, 1,012×457, viewed 4 times
      • Screenshot 2022-07-19 095237.jpg

34.83 kB, 512×258, viewed 5 times

The post was edited 4 times, last by jubjub bird ().