Call of War 2.0 Preview

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of War 2.0 Preview

Attention, General!

Exciting news! Today we will give you a glimpse of the upcoming visual redesign of Call of War. Together with the previous gameplay changes of CoW1.5 this visual overhaul will form the brand new Call of War 2.0!

The visual overhaul contains two major areas: A revamp of the user interface and a redesign of the map itself. The new map draws inspiration from military maps of the time. It makes the game more exciting and gives you the feeling of commanding your troops on a realistic strategic map with real terrain elements merged into it.

The revamp of the user interface gives CoW 2.0 a state of the art, modern look. It makes navigating the game more intuitive by restructuring over 140 gameplay screens and menus. All adjustments were made with the platform you use in mind, whether that is on mobile or desktop. Switching between the two will become easier, with many visual elements now being shared.

Call of War 2.0 is scheduled to be released on all platforms on Tuesday, July 19th.

You can already check out all of the changes by switching to the Beta-Client in your account settings on desktop.
      As a Frontline Pioneer (beta tester/player) you will automatically get a taste of the new map and UI on mobile and desktop, as they will be the default version in beta games leading up to the release.
      Share your feedback with us here on the Forums and on Discord.

We look forward to hearing about your first experiences with the new client, until then best of luck on the battlefield!

Your Bytro team

UPDATE
      We have postponed the planned release date for CoW 2.0 to the 20th of July. This will give us additional time for testing and QA.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • @freezy

Hello, I want to make a suggestion, on the map we have the option to show the relations and morals of provinces, they could put the heat map option for relief, I use external maps for that, if I had a serious game of great use.
      It.Pennywise
      Moderador | Call of War
      Bytro Labs GmbH | Suporte da Comunidade PT

• Hey guys! In general I want to point out that we will of course check all the feedback and do improvements to the new client even after the release. I am sure we can make it the best possible client to date with everyone's help. :)

Destructo the Great wrote:

can you add new units in Call of war 2.0? Examples like assault ships move really fast, can carry troops and short embarking time? Or you could upgrade convoy trucks so they have more health?
      New units won't be included in the CoW2.0 update, but they are a possibility in the future. Of course we will expand on CoW2.0, so new content can be expected at some point. But first we will focus on improving the UI. :)

SteelAss wrote:

ValeraZol wrote:

New graphics suckS!!! I am quiting game atfer that forever and never return!!! Let legacy client alive or bye bye!!!
      Never change a winning team! The changing ruin the game for me too
      The thing is that CoW was not winning anymore, as it was not able to gather new players as well as it used to. We had the same situation in our other game Supremacy 1914. We overhauled all graphis and UI there as well, and afterwards we were able to grow the game a lot (even more than CoW nowadays). We believe that the modern graphics will help us do the same in CoW. We want it so stay relevant and up-to-date in the strategy game market.

Railtwo wrote:

Please don't get rid of the low graphics legacy client. It's simplest graphics are what makes this client so much better than the high graphics beta client. I can't stand the beta client about to become the norm.
      The low graphics map mode will remain. It will change slightly but the overall simplicity will remain. This only relates to the map appearance though, the UI will change in any graphics settings.

Average_Luz wrote:

Looks like the beta client, please don’t get rid of legacy client I really liked it
      We will get rid of legacy, sorry :/ I hope you will be able to get used to the new ones.

33323993 wrote:

@freezy

Hello, I want to make a suggestion, on the map we have the option to show the relations and morals of provinces, they could put the heat map option for relief, I use external maps for that, if I had a serious game of great use.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    • Guess I'm going to have to finally learn the beta client. Every time I've tried it I've switched back to the legacy after a few minutes, I just can't get into it.

Are there any video guides to the beta client? Like where to find all the basic stuff that we've gotten used to in the legacy client.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

Guess I'm going to have to finally learn the beta client. Every time I've tried it I've switched back to the legacy after a few minutes, I just can't get into it.

Are there any video guides to the beta client? Like where to find all the basic stuff that we've gotten used to in the legacy client.
      The same!!! Just few minutes can stay with new UI. Freeze just keep legacy client switch in settings!!! Why you cant it? Just how now beta/legacy switch is present. Put Beta client standard and option to switch to legacy in settings. Please!!!!
    • The new map is going to kill the game for me. It will not get more players to the game either. Spray the word for the game through facebook and make videoes on youtube instead. It is many ppl out there who loves strategy game, that have never heard of this one. Changing the whole game, is not the answer, and it will get me away from the game for sure. That sucks, because i love this game.
    • After switching to the beta version, I tried to access the game by launching a browser ( Chrome ) on my smartphone.
      But then the rounds I had already participated in were not displayed.
      So I switched back to the legacy version again and then tried to access the game by launching the browser ( Chrome ) on my smartphone again, but also the round was not displayed.
      I didn't recognize it as a fatal problem because I could access it in someway app version, but it was a very unpleasant situation.

By the way, I am Japanese people, so I usually set my account language settings to Japanese.
      After switching this setting to English, when I performed the operation explained below, the access itself was successful for some reason.
      When the home screen interface is displayed, the earth-like widget or icon is not normally displayed on the far right, but I pressed this switched from the home screen interface to the game interface.

The post was edited 2 times, last by pod_than ().