Suggestions to Propaganda Office and Infrastructure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestions to Propaganda Office and Infrastructure

Hello everyone,

In the late game, we need to build a lot of Propaganda Offices in order to raise the morale of the provinces. However, I found that it is annoying and unreasonable to build them in almost every provinces :wallbash . Especially when morale modifier: "Neighbors" kicks in. Which is a reasonable design, but the game should have a positive modifier with similar principle of operation.

I think it will be reasonable if the effect of Propaganda Offices can also be spread to neighbor provinces (Like morale modifier: Neighbors). After the Propaganda Office is completed, the neighbor provinces can get 30% of the effect (Can be stacked, but with a Maximum limit).

In addition to that, the infrastructure should be able to boost the effect of the Propaganda Offices. (ex: Level 1: 10%, Level 2: 20%, Level3: 30%). The idea of this is that the work efficiency of a Propaganda Offices increases with the help of good infrastructure (Personnel can move quickly within a province). This will make infrastructure more useful.

Here is an example of my idea:
      A Province (A) has max level Propaganda Office get +40 to the morale.
      The provinces (B, C, D) adjacent to A all get +12 to the morale because of the spread of Neighboring Propaganda Office.
      B has level 1 infrastructure, B get addition +1.2 because of the infrastructure. Get +13.2 in total.
      C has level 2 infrastructure, C get addition +2.4 because of the infrastructure. Get +14.4 in total.
      D has level 3 infrastructure, D get addition +3.6 because of the infrastructure. Get +15.6 in total.

The numbers above are just for reference as they will need to be tested for balancing the game.

Thanks for reading my post. What do you think about it?
    • I don't really know, I never build propaganda offices. Maybe if the morale boost of conquering capitals was removed/reduced, they might be useful. I see no reason to change their functionality now though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • milefour wrote:

I think it will be reasonable if the effect of Propaganda Offices can also be spread to neighbor provinces (Like morale modifier: Neighbors). After the Propaganda Office is completed, the neighbor provinces can get 30% of the effect (Can be stacked, but with a Maximum limit).
      I really like this idea I also had the same thought about it. It is unfair that low-morale province can effect the neighbors, the propaganda office only works in a single province.
    • Or just get rid of the neighbor penalty.

Remove propaganda offices from the game, they are a trap for noobs and AI countries to waste resources. Wasting resources makes a country less competitive. This is the exact opposite outcome from the one intended. Sure, large empires are harder to manage, but by the time this happens, the other players are dead, and all you are doing is extending the grind.
    • Propaganda offices are useful when you conquer a providence with troop production buildings that you want to use. This is really the only situation to build them. Just conquer a capital a day, right before day change and you don’t have to worry about revolts. This will bring your morale up too.

Your conquered providences shouldn’t be counted on for resource production, so generally you only need the morale to be high enough that the providence doesn’t revolt.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Propaganda offices are useful when you conquer a providence with troop production buildings that you want to use. This is really the only situation to build them. Just conquer a capital a day, right before day change and you don’t have to worry about revolts. This will bring your morale up too.

Your conquered providences shouldn’t be counted on for resource production, so generally you only need the morale to be high enough that the providence doesn’t revolt.
      Is there any reason why you consistently spell province as "providence"?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Propaganda offices are useful when you conquer a providence with troop production buildings that you want to use. This is really the only situation to build them. Just conquer a capital a day, right before day change and you don’t have to worry about revolts. This will bring your morale up too.

Is there any reason why you consistently spell province as "providence"?
      I'm from 'Merica. We don't got no providences here.

Ha, I can't even blame English being a second language or anything. I've just always been horrible at spelling.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• K.Rokossovski wrote:

I don't really know, I never build propaganda offices. Maybe if the morale boost of conquering capitals was removed/reduced, they might be useful. I see no reason to change their functionality now though.
      They are useful when nation gets stretched out, provinces far from capital city will get extremely low to non gain of moral on day change and propaganda offices come to help.
      When you need to produce units in newley acquired land, it is worthy to construct propaganda offices to gain moral more quickly.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I don't really know, I never build propaganda offices. Maybe if the morale boost of conquering capitals was removed/reduced, they might be useful. I see no reason to change their functionality now though.
      They are useful when nation gets stretched out, provinces far from capital city will get extremely low to non gain of moral on day change and propaganda offices come to help.When you need to produce units in newley acquired land, it is worthy to construct propaganda offices to gain moral more quickly.
      Taking capitals is much more effective for that.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

They are useful when nation gets stretched out, provinces far from capital city will get extremely low to non gain of moral on day change and propaganda offices come to help.When you need to produce units in newley acquired land, it is worthy to construct propaganda offices to gain moral more quickly.
      Taking capitals is much more effective for that.
      Well for map like HWW where there are not as much capital cities considering how big the map is, it is not the case. If you play UK, USSR, US, Canada. You will need them at erly beginning.
      However everyone have their own tactics of playing. I value production speed and resource income and by that moral is important to me, some may have different approach.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Capitals are scarce for the US in HWW? Seriously? There are like 10 or 15 small AI's in Central and South America!

The only regions where capitals are scarce are South Africa and SE Asia/Australia due to the huge colonial possessions (without capitals) over there.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Capitals are scarce for the US in HWW? Seriously? There are like 10 or 15 small AI's in Central and South America!
      exactly 15,bordering only one ,highly doubt you can take more then 4 before someone else takes them. Most of them will be gone till day 5.When you occupied territories in Europe or some other place greatly distanced from capital you will need propaganda offices for quicker increase of moral in favour of producing units with less penalty time that's caused by lack of it.
      As I said that is my opinion, arguing any further would be pointless.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • In the few games I've played that have actually been competitive, where it's battles between a handful of powerful players/coalitions, capitals do get pretty scarce around day 8 or so. Still, I almost never built prop centers either, with the exception being building them in my home provinces because I'm going to move my capital towards the front lines. I find that much more manageable than building prop centers at the front lines because they build so slowly and barely help with revolt anyways.

I don't really think there needs to be a change to prop centers; they're good enough at what they're trying to do. I think the move from 1.0 -> 1.5 moved us away from having buildings serve multiple functions (like Infrastructure would be doing in this case), so I don't think adding a dependency on Infrastructure is worth pursuing. If noobs want to build them, fine--they'll figure out quickly enough that they aren't helping. I think the AI was adjusted to make it less likely that they build prop centers--honestly, if we're going for max competitiveness with AI it's probably worthwhile to just drop that to probability to zero since AI is never expanding enough to need one, but let's not forget that sometimes prop centers are only partially damaged when an active player conquers an AI province, and that prop center could come in handy for them.

The post was edited 2 times, last by jubjub bird ().

• It may depend on style of play and how aggressively you go after small AI countries. Then again, I don't play the historical maps, so have limited experience there. Personally, I try to take a small AI capital before the first day change for the morale boost. After that, I usually leave them alone and focus on other active players. Since I leave them alone, there's usually plenty left over for the late game when capitals are scarce. Of course, I always need to monitor my popularity in the late game too. When it starts to drop, I usually start taking out any AIs that are close to my core first.