how long should I wait to build industry ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how long should I wait to build industry ?

Hi..whenever I conquer a province I`ve been building propaganda centers..it takes a long time to build morale..usually when I get to 50% I start building industry...should I keep building propaganda centers until I reach 75 or 100 % then build industry ? Inquiring minds want to know. 8o
    • Don't build industry in conquered land - AT ALL. The payback time for them is over 25 days at 100% morale and most games are over by then.
      Industry in your core is an entirely different matter - start that as soon as you can, even before building units when the international situation permits it. I often start by cranking out industry in ALL five core cities the minute after I join the game. Well worth it in the long run.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Erm, to be honest, I never build propaganda centers either... there really is no need when you're a quick expander.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Nope. All resources go to the core. The only buildings I build in non-core provinces are unit production factories.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Not much point in even thinking of propaganda centers in the first couple weeks. The improved province administration list shows under the moral column whether the moral is rising, stable or falling in each province and city ( click show all provinces at bottom to see everything). The propaganda building only increases the target moral by 10% per level.

So if you click on one of the cities in the list the city information box opens. Hover over the "i" by moral and you will see the target it's moving to and the factors determining that target. So it will take a few days before a newly captured city will even reach that target. A propaganda building will not make it get there any faster. And then once it gets there you make the decision if it's production loss is even worth the cost of a propaganda building. So if the target moral is -20 then that city will only get to 80% moral. ( actually 82% because it subtracts from 102 ) and two propaganda buildings will keep it rising to 100%.

Recruiting Stations and industry are important to get going early. You go in debt for a week until you break even and then you experience the rewards of the investment. Go too quick and you short yourself of resources for research and building armies.

There are different approaches for the different maps. For the Clash of Nations map you get 6 provincial resource provinces and 5 core cities.

My approach there would be.....

Week one. Build 5 level 3 recruitment centers in the 5 cities and 6 level 3 local industries in the provinces.

Week two. Build 5 level 3 industry in the core cities and maybe take the resource you most need to a level 5 industry in that city.

Week three. Maybe take the other core cities to level 5 and maybe place the odd propaganda center to raise moral if falling.

Spending any resources on non core real estate is not an efficienct use. It may prop up the economic stat in the newspaper but the resources spent to get it may never be recouped. Better to spend on armies and upgrades.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ender611 ().

• You should build industry right away. Only wait a little. They won’t increase your productivity until day change so just make sure you start it in time to be done before day change. Sometimes it’s worth holding back a few hours to make sure you won’t have a massive fight on your hands right away.
    • I`ve had a half a dozen people here tell me to build industry early although I have stated multiple times it`s the first thing I do..I also build bunkers...nobody really answered my question which I`m restating as what`s a good morale level to maintain before building anything.
      I`ve asked this question in other posts and always get sarcastic answers regarding my playing ability but what`s the point of recruitment centers ? I always and I do mean always end up with a massive surplus of manpower.
    • You have to get to 80% moral before the build times are unaffected.

With manpower maybe its a style of play thing. If I was USA in 1939, yea I wouldn't bother with recruitment centers but if Tibet good luck. Manpower becomes the govenor of what I can do if I don't take care of it early.

And your question of 'how long should I wait' can only be answered by 'you shouldn't. If at 50% moral, so what the build times are 30% longer. Will you wait a few days until 80% before you start building. You could build 5 armies in that time period. Why wait.

And just to restate, propaganda buildings don't speed up the moral rise. Only taking other capitals does.
    • They change the target the moral is heading to.

Example. I'm the UK right now in clash of nations. Hamilton Island is 2 days away from the capital. That's a whopping -28 penalty on moral. It's a highly lucrative food resource and I want it to be 100%. I mentioned 80% moral needed to get rid of build time penalties, but as far as resource production, anything under 100% is reducing the resource production. So to keep Hamilton Island's moral rising, I need to build a propaganda building. Once the moral is over 80% I will build another propaganda building to keep it rising and will eventually need a third building to get it to 100%.

The three influences on moral are distance to capital, expansion and the moral of neighboring provinces. My core cities in Britain will rise to 100% on their own, but once I take over a few other countries the expansion penalty will knock me down a few percentage points. If the city is producing a resource at 12000 units, 2 or 3% can be huge, and there is another spot for 1 propaganda building. to take it back to 100%.

Another spot for the building is when, say you want as many medium tanks on your front line as possible. You have a captured city with a level two tank plant where the moral has already leveled off at 70%. Time is important, so to get as many built in the shortest amount of time you either upgrade the plant to level three, build one proganda office and maybe build another level one tank plant in another city. The level 3 tank plant will increase the speed of production more then the propaganda building.

Another situation, is say you have an over abundance of food and goods but are starved of oil. You can look at a city you conquered with the oil resource. You certainly don't want to come up with the oil an industy requires but the easily affordable propaganda building will help raise the production. The stock market is handy because food and commodities can usually be traded staight across for the other three.

There will be other circumstances, but like I said before, hover over the "i" by moral in the city or province and see what the target moral is. No need for a propaganda building while you are below that target. Unneeded buildings just reduce the size of the army you can have.
    • Simple answer is:

Depends on the Map.

Since a Lvl 5 Industry will take you almost 1 week to pay for itself (Cost of buildings vs return(increase) production), you have to ask yourself.... how long will this game last?

If you're playing one of the small maps, and know it will be over by day 10, what's the point of investing in something that will NEVER pay for itself. Investing the same resources in units, which will capture territory and resources each time they flip a province into your hands might just be a better option on the small map.

Yet on the 100 World At War Map, which could get into the +20 day range, upgrading in the first week, means doubled resources for free for any day of week 3 and thereafter.

Any improvement on Captured territory will take 4 times longer to pay for itself.... do the math.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • ender611 wrote:

They change the target the moral is heading to.

Example. I'm the UK right now in clash of nations. Hamilton Island is 2 days away from the capital. That's a whopping -28 penalty on moral. It's a highly lucrative food resource and I want it to be 100%. I mentioned 80% moral needed to get rid of build time penalties, but as far as resource production, anything under 100% is reducing the resource production. So to keep Hamilton Island's moral rising, I need to build a propaganda building. Once the moral is over 80% I will build another propaganda building to keep it rising and will eventually need a third building to get it to 100%.

The three influences on moral are distance to capital, expansion and the moral of neighboring provinces. My core cities in Britain will rise to 100% on their own, but once I take over a few other countries the expansion penalty will knock me down a few percentage points. If the city is producing a resource at 12000 units, 2 or 3% can be huge, and there is another spot for 1 propaganda building. to take it back to 100%.

Another spot for the building is when, say you want as many medium tanks on your front line as possible. You have a captured city with a level two tank plant where the moral has already leveled off at 70%. Time is important, so to get as many built in the shortest amount of time you either upgrade the plant to level three, build one proganda office and maybe build another level one tank plant in another city. The level 3 tank plant will increase the speed of production more then the propaganda building.

Another situation, is say you have an over abundance of food and goods but are starved of oil. You can look at a city you conquered with the oil resource. You certainly don't want to come up with the oil an industy requires but the easily affordable propaganda building will help raise the production. The stock market is handy because food and commodities can usually be traded staight across for the other three.

There will be other circumstances, but like I said before, hover over the "i" by moral in the city or province and see what the target moral is. No need for a propaganda building while you are below that target. Unneeded buildings just reduce the size of the army you can have.
      propaganda officers DO raise the morale and they r cheap
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317: