Allies, Axis, or Commies?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Allies, Axis, or Commies?

Allies, axis, or commies? 47

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I want to get a pulse on the community on why they pick their faction.

Me, personally, I try to choose Axis every time. I like the faster moving, more powerful units at the expense of longer research times and higher unit costs. I'll make up for all of that with the land I take quickly!
    • CoolBreeze_ wrote:

Me, personally, I try to choose Axis every time. I like the faster moving, more powerful units at the expense of longer research times and higher unit costs. I'll make up for all of that with the land I take quickly!
      Why do you think Axis moves faster? Or has longer research times?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

CoolBreeze_ wrote:

Dang, I look like such a noob. Plus I forgot Pan-Asian. Wow. Welp...idk maybe the OLD CoW had it like I said, right?
    • CoolBreeze_ wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

CoolBreeze_ wrote:

Dang, I look like such a noob. Plus I forgot Pan-Asian. Wow. Welp...idk maybe the OLD CoW had it like I said, right?
      The old Call of War(assuming you mean 1.0) did not have any doctrines. There was also no manual updating... units would update automatically when you researched a higher level. Hence the longer research times that you might remember.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle." - Georgy Zhukov
    • I prefer axis Cuz I get mot infantry on day 1. My playstyle is blitzkrieg which means speed, Suprise, and outmaneuvering the enemy to clear way for powerful, fast units to overpower the enemy. It works, and in real life, was the most successful military doctrine of all time (I know that it was never an official doctrine)
    • OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

I prefer axis Cuz I get mot infantry on day 1. My playstyle is blitzkrieg which means speed, Suprise, and outmaneuvering the enemy to clear way for powerful, fast units to overpower the enemy. It works, and in real life, was the most successful military doctrine of all time (I know that it was never an official doctrine)
      Having studied generals who predated Napoleon, Clausewitz found that commanders of various armies had dispersed their forces without focused reasoning, which resulted in those forces’ being used inefficiently. So as to eliminate that wasteful use of manpower, he advocated for a concentration of force against an enemy. All employment of force should have an effective concentration in a single moment, with a single action, Clausewitz argued. Clausewitz called that concentration the Schwerpunkt (“center of gravity”) where it was most dense, identifying it as the effective target for attack.
    • OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

I prefer axis Cuz I get mot infantry on day 1. My playstyle is blitzkrieg which means speed, Suprise, and outmaneuvering the enemy to clear way for powerful, fast units to overpower the enemy. It works, and in real life, was the most successful military doctrine of all time (I know that it was never an official doctrine)
      Having studied generals who predated Napoleon, Clausewitz found that commanders of various armies had dispersed their forces without focused reasoning, which resulted in those forces’ being used inefficiently. So as to eliminate that wasteful use of manpower, he advocated for a concentration of force against an enemy. All employment of force should have an effective concentration in a single moment, with a single action, Clausewitz argued. Clausewitz called that concentration the Schwerpunkt (“center of gravity”) where it was most dense, identifying it as the effective target for attack.
      . Napoleonic tactics are characterized by intense drilling of the soldiers; speedy battlefield movement; combined arms assaults between infantry, cavalry, and artillery; and a relatively small numbers of cannon, short-range musket fire, and bayonet charges. aka. the need for speed
    • OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

motorized infantry at first day seems very useless tactic for axis , your enemy has an army from beginning which including units to defence against infantry units , urban,forest,mountains enemy has an advantage against you nearly everywhere , he can defend plains with armored cars easily against you and as extra enemy will produce new units like light tanks , artilleries maybe tactical bombers while you are producing motorized infantry ,
      as a result you have no advantage against enemy with motorized infantry
    • Undaunted wrote:

OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

motorized infantry at first day seems very useless tactic for axis , your enemy has an army from beginning which including units to defence against infantry units , urban,forest,mountains enemy has an advantage against you nearly everywhere , he can defend plains with armored cars easily against you and as extra enemy will produce new units like light tanks , artilleries maybe tactical bombers while you are producing motorized infantry ,as a result you have no advantage against enemy with motorized infantry
      Bruh once a took over a country with mot infantry on the first day. day 1-3 is the most important part of the game because the inactive are not yet robots and therefore more vulnerable than a robot that always seems to know exactly where your troops are. Every second counts in those first 3 days and so motorized infantry are fast. by the time allies get it, there is barely any time left. also, in endgame, they get mot infantry lv 6 on day 22 while the axis got it 4 days earlier. 4 days is enough to kill a smaller country easily
    • OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

Undaunted wrote:

OLIVERROBOT1808 wrote:

motorized infantry at first day seems very useless tactic for axis , your enemy has an army from beginning which including units to defence against infantry units , urban,forest,mountains enemy has an advantage against you nearly everywhere , he can defend plains with armored cars easily against you and as extra enemy will produce new units like light tanks , artilleries maybe tactical bombers while you are producing motorized infantry ,as a result you have no advantage against enemy with motorized infantry
      Bruh once a took over a country with mot infantry on the first day. day 1-3 is the most important part of the game because the inactive are not yet robots and therefore more vulnerable than a robot that always seems to know exactly where your troops are. Every second counts in those first 3 days and so motorized infantry are fast. by the time allies get it, there is barely any time left. also, in endgame, they get mot infantry lv 6 on day 22 while the axis got it 4 days earlier. 4 days is enough to kill a smaller country easily
      so you need motorized infantry to attack inactive players LOL , then dont wait for research and production time for motorized infantry at least 6 hour , unite 10 infantry and attack to inactive guy , this is faster way than yours
      by the way I dont talk about day 22 ıf we talk then we can say allies can research atomic bomb 4 days earlier so they are winners but they are not mostly

as a result invading to nearby inactive guy with a lot of loss wont bring anything to you and you cant use your motorized infantry against an active player at the future

If I saw when you invaded nearby guy with motorized infantries I would attack directly to you with my scatheless army with extra units what I produced like tac bombers , artilleries and light tanks
      probably trying to defend with motorized infantry wouldnt be funny
    • Lunetistul1 wrote:

Axis is the best :) ,comitern is kinda weak is made more for spam, the allies are balanced, but kinda slow.

Comintern “Elite peasants”-build

This is a homage to the Militia of the Comintern doctrine, they are damn good and should be used excessively. This build is especially useful on smaller maps and games that may last less long, Militia have a relatively early cap compare to infantry,… but they are so damn cheap and easy to upgrade, why not exploit the peasants to the fullest.

Research Focus:

Infantry: Militia (Mil), Infantry (Inf)

Ordinance: Anti Tank Gun (AT), Artillery (Art), Anti Air Gun (AA)

Tank: Armored Car

Air: Interceptor (Int)

Naval: Destroyer, Cruiser

Secret: none

Optional Research:
      Infantry: none

Ordinance: none

Tank: none

Air: Naval Bombers and/or Strategic Bombers

Naval: Submarines and/or Battleships and/or Transport

Secret: Rockets

Optimal Stacking:

Defensive stacks comprise 2-8 Mil and/or Inf, 2-4 AT, and 0-4 AA. The number of AA really depends on the opponents use of planes, I would always advice at least 1 but more can be good to provide a deterrent. Real defense against planes will always come from interceptors (first patrol around targets as primary attack, and a targeted attack as a secondary attack).

Offensive Land stacks comprise 5-10 Art, eventually taken up in a moving defensive stack (and able to split of) or independent with some AA, you don’t want to lose those precious babies and the only offensive weapon on land you will use.

Offensive naval stacks comprise 2-5 destroyers, 2-10 cruisers, and optionally battleships, they can support battle on land by bombardments.

An optional naval stack may be a 2-10 submarine stack for surprise attacks of unguarded convoys, battleships and eventually cruisers.

AC are used to support scouting, defense, and fast province conquering, a stack may enter after penetration and then spread out to quickly perform the land grab. Later in the game this becomes more important. So not much AC's needed in beginning.

I advocate to stick as much as possible to the Research Focus units with respect to research, that limits the amount of resources spent, while having maximum efficacy. In reality, I often supplement with naval units (battleship and submarine depending on map location). Rockets and/or strategic bombers could help in certain situation, Rockets are handy because goods will remain available to your Focus units, while rockets can deal with airports, enemy production facilities morale and naval invasions.
      Also read BMFox latest guides on CoW 1.5+ stacking, keep the limits in mind.

Position play:
      Defensive stacks will be put anywhere in forests or mountains, for Comintern Mil and AT this are great positions, stealthy and good bonuses. Support Art may be in the stack or behind the lines, on a road that cannot be reached by enemies. Hills can be used as well but are less profitable for Mil.

Defensive stacks elsewhere (cities, plains and hills) comprise infantry instead of militia, they will provide stronger defense there, and stealth is no option on plains for Mil, for AT stealth is even less complete. Mixed stacks comprising Mil and Inf in Cities and hills may be considered this may delude the enemy if they are stupid enough not to use AC, Mot. Inf or interceptors.

At any time a long purpose bottleneck in the map may be provided with fortifications or bunkers which will boost the stack enormously.

Offensive stacks fire as much as possible from hills and mountains, move a bit further if that provides you with a 50%!!! Bonus.

SWOT-analysis:

Pros: The defensive stack is awesome, AC, tanks, planes stand no chance, and if you found an equal player using artillery, then your artillery together with the defensive stack and eventually in a fortress will provide the ultimate damage reduction and sharing. Mil can be built anywhere in a lvl 1 barracks. You can build 8-12 a day if you would have the resources.

Cons: the build is very intensive on food and goods, luckily by building industries, you can channel oil, steel and rares into food and goods, steel may be an issue too in the beginning. Another con to be very aware about is that is difficult to deal with a “crazy Ivan” (player forms a or multiple stacks and then try to invade via sea or a weaker spot). In that way once landed they can penetrate and may kill your carefully build empire, so one needs maybe some back up chokepoints to protect your cores and have AC available to reclaim lost provinces quickly. It is difficult to deal with such players, Lookouts may help, but night timed attacks are just the horror.

Optimal Starting Positions

Choosing starting positions, obviously when there is ample food and goods resources in rural provinces/cities this is preferred. On clash of nations map Caucasus and Turkey provide the best positions with respect to resources. Strategically Turkey and Caucasus, with the mountain advantage of your defensive stacks, fit your build very well. Yugoslavia may be considered. On other maps one has to inspect this.

Optimal Upgrading

Always try to upgrade 2 levels at a time if possible so start the upgrade of all or as many as possible units just prior the finish of the research of the second level, If you are very organized you may do 1à 3 and 2à4 as well.

For militia it would be good to start building them only when lvl2, then 2à4 can be used, but as usual this means that until day 13 they are relatively weak. Fine tune this for other units as well.

Optimal Research

No research order “needed”, prioritize important units when it is time they become available. I always do short research first on day one, and longer ones overnight, do not research stuff you don’t directly need. Also, when research becomes available it is not always a need to directly research the branches of interest. It may interfere with the upgrade trick or simply forces you to invest resources in production facilities. Upgrading is however important with this build to ensure your stacks do not become obsolete.

Resist temptation to research and build other tank types or bombers, you have artillery and interceptors, more you don’t need.

Later in game battleships will really aid the shore bombardments, compared to cruisers, they bombard further, and much harder, but for sea safety and domination cruisers are the thing to focus on the first few days, especially since battleships become available later.

Have fun

Gen. Smit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gen. Smit ().

• Destructo the Great wrote:

Axis or commitern not allies they are way too slow
      Allies are slow, sure, but less cost and better research is a huge advantage, ive won 7 games using Allied Doctrine. 3 solo and 4 coaliton.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

Comintern and no rarty?
      No rocket artillery because they are expensive, requires another research line with long research times, AND most importontly, artillery can kill soft targets too, they are less effective at it, sure, but soft target have less HP.

I tried and it noticed that it was interfering with the development of economy due the extreme need of rares