Air Power - Tactical Bombers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air Power - Tactical Bombers

Hi all,

Quite a noob (11 total games, but only 7 seriously). I lost my first but have won my last 6. Last win was my first solo victory. My overall kill ratio against humans is 3.19

My experience so far:

- Game is simple. Risk without dice and some rock/paper/scissors for matching units
      - If you're not active you're going to lose
      - Being active and aggressive early gives huge advantages
      - Air power and being active are my keys to winning a lot so far

By day one I want to have 6-8 Tactical Bombers. Most versatile of all planes (my kill ratio with these is 51-0).
      A squadron of 5 TBs will vaporize a single infantry unit. Ideal for conquering cities/provinces with minimal losses.

Next plane for me is the Strategic bomber, Range and destroying opponent's production capacity as well as troop damage make this my second go to.

Attack bombers come next, but their limited range is a pain.

Planes are the best siege/range weapon in the game

Planes are ideal for recon and with Strat Bombers you can know precisely where enemy troops are and aren't over a huge area.

Planes are rapid response units for any battle surprise or attack. Provided you build a lot of aircraft factories and strips

Best way to beat opponents air force is to bomb air strips/factories. I've done this too many times to count. Often 4-5 times a game vs. humans. Planes in trucks suck and that is their big weakness.

After airpower I'm light tanks all the way on the ground and subs/battleships and a couple destroyers.

Thoughts?
    • Yep, game is simple to learn but hard to master. You have to be active, and being aggressive usually pays off, though not necessarily against good opponents. Tac bombers are every powerful.

Yes, planes are very strong. I've tried no planes strategies and had success, but I probably wouldn't try it against good opponents.

No offense to all the Call of War players out there, but most of them are not very good. It is not hard to get a decent K:D ratio, and you're going to feel like Genius Rommel no matter what strategy you try against average opponents. Then when you finally encounter someone good, you find that you still have things to learn.
    • Glad you’re enjoying the game, it’s a good one!

Bombers are good but expensive and have their vulnerabilities. If you run up against a player that prioritizes AA, you’ll understand what I mean. If you run up against a golder that will shamelessly gold raze your airstrips, you’ll wish you balanced more. One of the best players I know ignores air power altogether and even prefers the allied doctrine.

6-8 tac bombers on day one sounds ambitious. I’m not sure that’s possible without gold, but could be wrong. You could certainly trade resources on the market and with allies; so it probably is if you’re willing to commit almost everything to doing it. Make sure you don’t neglect your economy, building industry is important for resource production. Especially for games that last a while.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 6thDragon ().

• Great points. And I did battle a golder who also built AA and planes. We eventually retired the game after decimating each other for days as the only 2 humans left. Planes are vulnerable. I put them to bed at night. Meaning I move them from the front lines and don't have them bombing or patrolling.

Of course I adjust if I am going against a good player that counters planes. Most I've encountered so far do not.
    • Tac bombers are my main offense weapon too - with a stack of 10 at L3 or better, your opponent has to have some serious AA to stop them - one or two at L1 wont do much against them; SPAA at L2 or better is when I think twice and have to use other units, but the fact is most players seem to neglect AA in their stacks. I've been playing 2 years and I'm 15 for 15 mostly using this strategy (first few games I used SP Art as my main unit). So I'm totally on the Tac bomber team - Allied doctrine.
    • Nick

Come join the 100 World at War maps... once the first few days go by and all the initial flies drop off the roster, you're left with the better and the decent players (and you can't always tell by their rank)

You have to wade through the useless to get to the fun, usually takes a few days but those games much more entertaining than playing with a half dozen guys who have no clue about what they are doing.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • Thanks ONS. Just started one today. I'm Cali. Lots of active players and coalitions. I've got some inactive players around me so I should be in great shape for the first few days.

I just finished a Clash where my kill ratio was 38:1. I had solid allies, but that wasn't challenging after the 3rd day. Game finished in 11.