Which Unit Would Make the Best Impact to COW?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Transport aircraft and Paratroopers..

      I dont think you can have one without the other
      it would mean that lets say, you manage to go behind enemy lines..

      You capture an airfield..
      Now you can fly in reinforcements..



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • purplepizza117 wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      purplepizza117 wrote:

      Maximilien wrote:

      Aircraf carrier.
      Oh yes, the current ones suck! :P
      why do you think the carriers suck?I think they good..
      Sarcasm.
      Perhaps.


      "I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.


      "Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • oceanhawk wrote:

      Transport aircraft and Paratroopers..

      I dont think you can have one without the other
      it would mean that lets say, you manage to go behind enemy lines..

      You capture an airfield..
      Now you can fly in reinforcements..
      Transport aircraft in and of themselves would be good. Of course, they couldn't carry tanks or anything but it would be a great benefit to be able to quickly send units from one side of the map to the other.
    • _The_Burn_ wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      Transport aircraft and Paratroopers..

      I dont think you can have one without the other
      it would mean that lets say, you manage to go behind enemy lines..

      You capture an airfield..
      Now you can fly in reinforcements..
      Transport aircraft in and of themselves would be good. Of course, they couldn't carry tanks or anything but it would be a great benefit to be able to quickly send units from one side of the map to the other.
      they could carry, light tanks.. armored cars, rockets and infantry
      Id like to see a slight loading time in air fields do..
      but still I think they are needed badly, in the game!



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • oceanhawk wrote:

      Transport aircraft and Paratroopers..

      I dont think you can have one without the other
      it would mean that lets say, you manage to go behind enemy lines..

      You capture an airfield..
      Now you can fly in reinforcements..
      I disagree. No need for transport aircraft. Only units that were transported by aircraft were Commandos (Pegasus Bridge) and Paras. And havin' a whole new unit just for two units I don't like. Let's just get Paras. The simpler the better.
      "You can't break a man the way you break a dog, or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands." -Jackal (Far Cry 2)

    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      Transport aircraft and Paratroopers..

      I dont think you can have one without the other
      it would mean that lets say, you manage to go behind enemy lines..

      You capture an airfield..
      Now you can fly in reinforcements..
      I disagree. No need for transport aircraft. Only units that were transported by aircraft were Commandos (Pegasus Bridge) and Paras. And havin' a whole new unit just for two units I don't like. Let's just get Paras. The simpler the better.
      not true..

      a lot of units, were flowin around.. often un assembled
      can transport, Infantry, Light tanks, rockets, AA guns



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Pablo22510 wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      not true..

      a lot of units, were flowin around.. often un assembled
      can transport, Infantry, Light tanks, rockets, AA guns
      Not whole divisions.
      true..
      but same way its not just one aircraft..
      its usually a few of them..
      doubt there are 325 pilots for one bomber..



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      that can carry a few light tanks..
      I respectfully disagree. A few is not a full battalion (400-1000 troops). At best WWII transports could only carry tanks with so light armour they barely withstood 50. cal fire.
      A unit of LT here.. has 625..

      I guess they couldnt be carried, by one group of Transport aircraft, but obviously, you can get more aircraft..

      But I see your point..

      What do you think should be transport worthy?



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      A unit of LT here.. has 625..
      With all due respect I both said troops and will point out that 625 is a number between 400-1000.

      oceanhawk wrote:

      What do you think should be transport worthy?
      Infantry, AA, arty, AT, militia.
      I think.. Rockets, Commandos, as well as maybe armored cars?

      I presume, you are including, Motor infantry, and mech here as well



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • oceanhawk wrote:

      I think.. Rockets, Commandos, as well as maybe armored cars?
      Hm, commando's too but AC have the same problem as LT. Rockets, well, the launch pads are problematic. I don't even think they fit in. Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, they had to be shipped and took up the deck of the ship.

      oceanhawk wrote:

      I presume, you are including, Motor infantry, and mech here as well
      No, same problem as LT. I mean, half-tracks and jeeps are heavy. At Arnhem they were lucky to get a couple of jeeps dropped in.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      I think.. Rockets, Commandos, as well as maybe armored cars?
      Hm, commando's too but AC have the same problem as LT. Rockets, well, the launch pads are problematic. I don't even think they fit in. Look at the Cuban Missile Crisis, they had to be shipped and took up the deck of the ship.

      oceanhawk wrote:

      I presume, you are including, Motor infantry, and mech here as well
      No, same problem as LT. I mean, half-tracks and jeeps are heavy. At Arnhem they were lucky to get a couple of jeeps dropped in.
      Missiles, could have been shipped through the air..

      range,
      detection,



      I guess, you couldnt get a few halftracks there..
      but you could get a few jeeps there no bother.
      and these are not going to be para dropped either..
      only paratroopers, and commandoes should be able to parachute.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye