Which Unit Would Make the Best Impact to COW?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      but you could get a few jeeps there no bother.
      Imma just say one thing: You cannot get a couple hundred jeeps form A to B in one lift.
      well tac bombers, take b-18
      lets say that then is transformed into a transport aircraft..
      there is 400 manpower requiered for a unit of tac bombers

      that is 6 crew per bomber, hence 66 bombers..
      66 planes, are more than capable of taking a few jeeps..

      or we can even actually take a prob transport aircraft
      c-47 have crew of 3

      that is 132 aircraft, per unit
      132 prob transport aircraft, are more than capable of taking a few jeeps..



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Alright, a couple of problems. Who is to say you can fit a Willy's in a B-18? They were only transported in the war through the air with gliders. The only plane that could carry vehicles was the Me 323.

      You are missing something very important too. Your maths is all very well and good, with all your bomber crews and pilots. You forgot the people who are always forgotten though. The mechanics, air traffic controllers, all the others. A unit cannot operate without them.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      Alright, a couple of problems. Who is to say you can fit a Willy's in a B-18? They were only transported in the war through the air with gliders. The only plane that could carry vehicles was the Me 323.

      You are missing something very important too. Your maths is all very well and good, with all your bomber crews and pilots. You forgot the people who are always forgotten though. The mechanics, air traffic controllers, all the others. A unit cannot operate without them.



      The mechanics, and air traffic controllers, they are meant to be at the airport. No point, having the air control in the back of the plane. Maybe, manpower should be added to construction, of air bases.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • oceanhawk wrote:

      The mechanics, and air traffic controllers, they are meant to be at the airport. No point, having the air control in the back of the plane. Maybe, manpower should be added to construction, of air bases.
      Not necessarily. When reading Roald Dahl's biography, I learned that he flew Hurries in Greece. When they were pulling out, the pilots were the last out. You know why? The pilots could fly faster than the ground crews drove so when moving airfields, the crews left first. They are a vital part of any air force unit.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      The mechanics, and air traffic controllers, they are meant to be at the airport. No point, having the air control in the back of the plane. Maybe, manpower should be added to construction, of air bases.
      Not necessarily. When reading Roald Dahl's biography, I learned that he flew Hurries in Greece. When they were pulling out, the pilots were the last out. You know why? The pilots could fly faster than the ground crews drove so when moving airfields, the crews left first. They are a vital part of any air force unit.
      that is different scenario..

      That is when, they are abandoning a base. But from day to day operations, there is no point of having air controllers and Mechanics on board.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      But from day to day operations, there is no point of having air controllers and Mechanics on board.
      They are part of the unit. Do you propose infantry leave their medics, cooks, etc. behind?
      no, but that is compete different.
      So are you saying, that the Air force is wrong. The mechanics, and air traffic controllers would do a better job, on board?

      And the Ground crew, are best there on the ground. They have no value, in the air.
      Medics, are obviously meant to be with their unit, and have more value there at the front



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • oceanhawk wrote:

      no, but that is compete different.
      So are you saying, that the Air force is wrong. The mechanics, and air traffic controllers would do a better job, on board?

      And the Ground crew, are best there on the ground. They have no value, in the air.
      Medics, are obviously meant to be with their unit, and have more value there at the front
      I never said the ground crews flew, I don't know where you got that.

      What I said is that the planes need their mechanics as much as they need their pilots.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      no, but that is compete different.
      So are you saying, that the Air force is wrong. The mechanics, and air traffic controllers would do a better job, on board?

      And the Ground crew, are best there on the ground. They have no value, in the air.
      Medics, are obviously meant to be with their unit, and have more value there at the front
      I never said the ground crews flew, I don't know where you got that.
      What I said is that the planes need their mechanics as much as they need their pilots.
      yea we know that...

      but the crews, work from the air base, not from the planes.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      but the crews, work from the air base, not from the planes.
      What are we arguing over again?
      good move, now that I have you cornered lol


      what units we can load into planes?
      I think, I said yes to jeeps. And you said no.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • oceanhawk wrote:

      what units we can load into planes?
      I think, I said yes to jeeps. And you said no.
      Ah, yes. Well, with jeeps, it is a helluva lot of jeeps. The jeeps the SAS used could only carry three men. So, 1000 divided by 3 is ~333 which is a helluva lot of jeeps. Especially since said jeeps only fit in one WWII-era plane.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      what units we can load into planes?
      I think, I said yes to jeeps. And you said no.
      Ah, yes. Well, with jeeps, it is a helluva lot of jeeps. The jeeps the SAS used could only carry three men. So, 1000 divided by 3 is ~333 which is a helluva lot of jeeps. Especially since said jeeps only fit in one WWII-era plane.
      true, but there are more than one plane as we said.
      Plus, I think we could add some lean way, and have them on board anyway.



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      true, but there are more than one plane as we said.
      Plus, I think we could add some lean way, and have them on board anyway.
      Ah whatever. Find me one Soviet and one Western Ally plane that can carry a Willy and I'll agree.
      no bother with the Western Ally..
      But yea, the soviets are really a let down.. I agree..
      so far behind the rest. But the allies gave the Soviets a lot of their equipment
      as well.. there are already a lot of exceptions in the game, of this type. One nation having a units, but the rest not..



      If Socialists understood Economics, they wouldn't be socialists
      -Friedrich von Haye


    • Quasi-duck wrote:

      oceanhawk wrote:

      no bother with the Western Ally..
      But yea, the soviets are really a let down.. I agree..
      I'll ignore the jab, Soviet tech was fine *cough* T-34 *cough*
      Anyways, have those planes yet?
      Believe it or not, the Soviets lead the way in airborne forces and equipment, alot of their heavy bombers could (in theory) take jeeps. However airborne operations by the Soviets are limited, I can only think of two.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

      "Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

      "The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

      Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

      Game Username: LordStark01
    • TankBuster wrote:

      Believe it or not, the Soviets lead the way in airborne forces and equipment, alot of their heavy bombers could (in theory) take jeeps. However airborne operations by the Soviets are limited, I can only think of two
      Tell Ocean that, I've read a book on it.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3
    • I can name two, then can we get back to what unit would affect CoW the most?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      American
      XC-108A- Was converted from a Flying Fortress into a cargo aircraft, only a few were made, they were impractical as they had chronic engine failure. This variant carried Cargo or troops.

      CB-17G- Troop transport version capable of carrying up to 64 troops, 25 built.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SovietLisunov Li-2- Bomber/Light Fighter/Troop Transport it was made off of a copy of the Douglas DC-4 and was used during the VERY early years of the war, not very many of them were airworthy, they were used as an ambulance, bomber, fighter, and Troop Transport, it could carry something close to 1 willy jeep.

      VVS-VMF- SAR/Reconnaissance/Transport it was the one of the only boat planes made by the Soviet union, it could carry a willy jeep. It was a HUGE aircraft. USed in the 1930's until early 1940's.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Facts from Wikipedia and Military Factory, GO TO MILITARY FACTORY FOR BEST AIRPLANE, TANK, FIREARM, AND NAVAL STUFF!
      "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some ******** in the world that just need to be shot." - General Mattis (USMC)


    • JCS Darragh wrote:

      I can name two, then can we get back to what unit would affect CoW the most?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      American
      XC-108A- Was converted from a Flying Fortress into a cargo aircraft, only a few were made, they were impractical as they had chronic engine failure. This variant carried Cargo or troops.

      CB-17G- Troop transport version capable of carrying up to 64 troops, 25 built.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SovietLisunov Li-2- Bomber/Light Fighter/Troop Transport it was made off of a copy of the Douglas DC-4 and was used during the VERY early years of the war, not very many of them were airworthy, they were used as an ambulance, bomber, fighter, and Troop Transport, it could carry something close to 1 willy jeep.

      VVS-VMF- SAR/Reconnaissance/Transport it was the one of the only boat planes made by the Soviet union, it could carry a willy jeep. It was a HUGE aircraft. USed in the 1930's until early 1940's.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Facts from Wikipedia and Military Factory, GO TO MILITARY FACTORY FOR BEST AIRPLANE, TANK, FIREARM, AND NAVAL STUFF!
      Awesome! Thank you very much.
      Forum Gang Commissar



      I changed it for you Dia <3