Officers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Like in Conflict of Nations, officer units, they don't need researching, and they level up the more combat experience they have, they are meant to be stacked with stacks to boost certain things, although they can't fight for themselves, they could also make important decisions while you're offline (being asleep specifically) like choosing to scout territory or build fortifications, so we can set up and actual chain of command if we go offline for a day or two.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".
    • it is an interesting idea , the problem is what the officer considers worth to do
      maybe you are loosing and you plan to abandone a city, then your officer builds a fortress there and you not only loose resources but you built a free fortress for your dearest enemy, officers are unrealistic because they can't fully understand your intentions.
      What I support Is to give special power for trops that have killed many enemies, such as increased attack or thinks like that
      I would love to see the trops classified in to novice, veteran, and elite
    • The game will be/is pretty much the same as The Strategems or War to Glory, both games lost to history, the only real difference it is a realistic map instead of an imaginary one, a limit on the game time and a better user interface. The only thing officers would be good for is having to use gold. If they had to introduce officers, I would like to see them treated the same way units are, where you can increase their potential level by collecting the prints/skills and you get to keep the gains in your account rather then losing them when the game is over.
    • Interesting Idea with potential...

I'd do it as a Buffer unit which gives all units in range say ( Lvl1 = 200km, Lvl2 = 300km, Lvl3 = 450km and Lvl4 = 600km) a stat modification similar to terrain.

Generals are stealth units, and they only visible if engaged in combat, or withing range or LAND based Scout (AC), not fighters.

Modifiers could include
      Damage +5% per Lvl
      Speed +5% per Lvl
      Line of Sight +10% per Lvl
      Range +5% per Lvl

I would have it require training AND limit them to ONE per 100 provinces you hold (not points but actual provinces).. and similar to spies if you don't have cash to pay for them at day change... you lose the newest General if you don't have the full 100 provinces needed to support them.

Also, all units within range suffer a 20% penalty to all stats for 3 days if general is killed to represent damage to moral and organizational readjustments upon such a high level target's demise.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • Improin wrote:

it is an interesting idea , the problem is what the officer considers worth to do
      maybe you are loosing and you plan to abandone a city, then your officer builds a fortress there and you not only loose resources but you built a free fortress for your dearest enemy, officers are unrealistic because they can't fully understand your intentions.
      What I support Is to give special power for trops that have killed many enemies, such as increased attack or thinks like that
      I would love to see the trops classified in to novice, veteran, and elite
      In Con, officers give multipliers. for example, if you have a tank officer, they multiply all the tanks stats by x1.5