Ranking system encourages inactivity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Relax, it is a part of the business model and thus of the game. It is still possible to find opponents on random maps who are not spending (or at least, not extreme) and still manage to muster a good fight; in fact I'm having one right now. I didn't encounter any huge whales recently, so I guess it all depends on a bit of luck.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I’m honestly considering if I want to return when I’m finally able to.
      Just play Clash, maybe 2-3 at a time. It'd be enough to scratch your CoW itch without the drawbacks of being debilitated by having to micro artys 24/7 over and over and over again every single match every single time. If there's a whale, letting a Clash game go also doesn't feel as bad as a with a Pac or a WaW, esp if you've already invested a week into that match. Best thing tho is you'd have more time to do other stuff, like sleeping :)
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

I’m honestly considering if I want to return when I’m finally able to.
      Just play Clash, maybe 2-3 at a time. It'd be enough to scratch your CoW itch without the drawbacks of being debilitated by having to micro artys 24/7 over and over and over again every single match every single time. If there's a whale, letting a Clash game go also doesn't feel as bad as a with a Pac or a WaW, esp if you've already invested a week into that match. Best thing tho is you'd have more time to do other stuff, like sleeping :)
      Yeah, walking away from a game because of a golder is the worst, especially around day 12. On that game in particular, I had pulled two all nighters because I caught opponents in a vulnerable position and wanted to take advantage. It was partly our fault. We tried going at the 100 player map and our objective going in was to do it with a coalition of three. And we didn't consider deviating from that goal until it was too late. We recognized a player on the other side of the map who left our alliance a while ago. Players usually only leave a "no gold first use" alliance for a reason and we were slow to adapt to that as well. We didn't want to upset the balance of the game so didn't start using any gold until we encountered them. However, they had golded up their industry in the early game to the point we couldn't catch up. The two golders also recruited three partners who wouldn't have been much, but I think it was enough to tip the scales against us.

This game is horrible on my sleep. I have a bad case of tinnitus from a machinegun discharging in my ear during an ambush when I was in Baghdad. It's a bit of an advantage playing because it's hard for other players to catch me sleeping, but I pay for it in other ways.
    • Yea the problem is you don't wanna be the catalyst for a gold spree in the map but golding industry early on is the most effective and efficient way to utilize gold.
      You really just have to hope that everyone else in the game operates under the same rationale regarding gold use but that's like counting on a flimsy little twig to save you from falling down a cliff.