Air traffic controller

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air traffic controller

i have been thinking about it for quite a while, but don't you agree that now a days all the airplanes are connected to an air traffic controller tower?, well I do actually think that. And it was the same long ago in the IIWW , I think there was something to in the IWW but I am not completely sure, anyways.
      I am thinking of a building that appears when you build a airport, it doesn't matter were
      this building gives airplanes an increased attack range, in the countryside it would have 3 levels and in the city 5
      for each level there would be a +5% attack range, I am sure you are going to write down a comment stating that it is too OP, but with this same idea we could say the same about the bunkers, this new building would have similar construction times to the bunkers , so that you can have an idea
    • answering your question
      they do make them able to fly farer because the airplanes have a better knowledge about were might turbulences arise,
      if there were no towers, I don't think the plains could do even with the proper technology
      even so you might be right... but there is no danger in Cow about plains crashing between each other
      what if they actually speed the si-lain up by +5% each level
      we could say that it happens because the airplane has a better control over the route he must take
    • RBoi200 wrote:

Yeah, but air traffic control towers don't make airplanes fly farther, they prevent planes from crashing into each other. Increased range doesn't make sense when building an air traffic control tower.
      Air traffic controller ?

As he said, to control air traffic is to "prevent planes from crashing into each other."
      However, during almost mission, I think it is rare to encounter a situation where they dictate the ultimate decision to that extent.
      A more popular case is to address the cumbersome and not imminent task like that app or software operators face every day.

While they want to maintain maximum efficiency by always flying more aircraft than they have on the runway, for instance, despite the above but the number of runways is limited.
      And if even though they had come up with the best plan, they might have to make adjustments along the way due to bad weather and extended maintenance time.
      The Air traffic controllers is people who solves like this situation.

By the way, did you know that if the enemy destroys your own runway, your aircraft will autonomously make a forced landing on another runway within range of that aircraft?
      I don't know whether the developers are aware of this point and this way, but I think this specification can be interpreted as reproduction the function of an air traffic controller.
      Because pilots might know the existence of runways at various places though, but they basically might not know detailed information such as how crowded each runway is.

If thread starter's purpose or intention is to be further extend this "forced landing support function", which is already implemented in the current environment, it might be possible to reduce the burden on the developers any because it falls under the extension of the specifications...

The post was edited 5 times, last by pod_than ().

• ATC is for not crashing into others, fuel is for flying further, usually you'd get a flight plan before the flight when you're on the ground with NOTAM's (NOTAM means places where you cant fly along your route) and waypoints, however, back in WW2 you were allowed to fly anywhere as long as it was relative to the route, it was like this until 1956, where 2 planes collided over the grand canyon after they were on a collision course, they couldnt see each other because of the clouds and hit each other while in a cloud, where visibility is the least, after this crash ATC was revamped, making the planes fly further depends on the aircraft type and how much fuel it can load, e.g a small cessna can only fly for an hour or two at max while a boeing 787 can fly up to 22 hours, i think what you meant here is a fuel system and not ATC.
      B U T T E R
      ~Moon