Tips and strategies for Tibet historical war 1939

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tips and strategies for Tibet historical war 1939

Hi guys, im recently approching historical maps, so im starting with Tibet but i see that is a very poor state, im thinking on research and produce standard troops for Pan-Asian but i dont very sure about that, any expert player can send me advices??
    • I will assume that you have an understanding of the basic game mechanics and how to play Pan-Asian doctrine. so the first thing you want to do is to make sure to research the necessary land units. No navy obviously because you are landlocked. If you plan on turtling/defending in the beginning, focus on infantry and armored cars. Train lots of artillery too as they are better in the mountain terrain. If you plan to attack later use more light tanks. Make some fighters to defend your airspace against possible tactical bombers attacks from British India. Try to ally with China or Xinjiang if possible. These is just more general tips so I will need more context from you. Who are the active players around you? What are their stats like? And how active can you be in this round?
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle." - Georgy Zhukov
    • Yea i love playing panasian and Also allies,so in thinking about made armored and tanka but...in in All Mountain so Is not too slow? In planning on upgrade my economy a Little and After Attack for expand and take territories before the opponents. Xinjang Is AN ia so in planning ti take this,with Nepal and the second ai under Tibet,im make industry in all my cities with resources...im thinking about male commandos,Is worth?
    • The armored cars are for defense as well as running behind enemy lines. Light tanks to take down enemy light armor and infantry when you are use attacking. Yes, these two will be slow in the mountains. But they will come in handy later once you take more land and break out of your mountainous regions(for example, if you attack China or India later.) Use a lot of normal artillery as they get a big bonus in mountains and with the speed bonus you can attack enemy artillery in the middle of a battle and retreat without them counterattacking. And don't forget about aircraft too, the planes will be very fast regardless of the terrain on the ground.

Commandos don't get a bonus in Pan Asian doctrine. Of course, you might make a couple to guard your border with India and attack Xinjiang in their mountains but it usually isn't worth it to invest too heavily in commandos.

In the historical maps, the main thing is to stay active as most players go AFK soon. And look for good allies as well.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle." - Georgy Zhukov
    • Well of course it depends on the situation. Once you grow big enough you can surely aim for a solo victory. What does your current daily resource production look like?
    • Tibet has a small population so in the first days I focus on getting recruitment centers to level 3 in all the cities along with your army production level 1 buidlings. At the same time build up all your resource provinces with industry. Resource provinces are more vulnerable to being overrun in an attack so plan their defense.

You start with a lot of infantry to protect the cities. Militia are good to protect provinces. If you notice neighbor building a lot of light tanks maybe a few antitanks early to help militia would be good. Anti air are the next best army unit against armor.

My approach with Tibet last time was putting priority to upgrading militia, infantry, rocket artillery and armoured cars and anti air along with interceptors and tacs. Once I get AA built and leveled up I focus on creating the artillery and leveling them up. Armoured units get a little more thick after a couple weeks so rocket artillery lose their punch a bit.

Was also first game I really focused on building and leveling up light tanks. Usually just go with medium tanks but with the pan asian I really liked the fully leveled up combo of armour car and light tank. The speed and view range were awesome. And the interceptors! Love the pan asian.
    • Attacking Katmandu early is very costly to infantry. Would have been better to wait a week and build up rocket artillery. But now that your infantry are beat up and hardly worth upgrading maybe building a few more is good. Militia at level 1 are very weak but once they are leveled up they are very effective. Great for a war with China, maybe not so good against India. With Tibet you have to be patient, build up, and don't allow your armies to take early damage. Two weeks into the game your healthy force can create havoc.

So now maybe a good idea to make some more infantry and militia and future plans of building motor infantry or mech infantry has to be delayed.
    • Militia aren't great for running with the artillery. They are very slow. Upgraded infantry can keep up. I don't use the infantry as much as most, though I will keep them leveled up and defending cities.

The offensive thrust would come from 15 to 20 army stacks of rocket artillery, artillery and anti air, along with an armoured car for vision. Then have a few AC/LT combos running around grabbing territory. The militia move in behind capturing and holding territory. With a good air force on top of it resistance is futile.
    • Play the long game. You're landlocked, protected by rough terrain that's easy to defend, but also hard to break out of. There's no rush to research or build lots of units. Focus on your industry: metal, oil, rares. You need those to build more industry. Then food and goods industry.

Here is what you DON'T do early on:
      1. Do not build air, tank, or secret factories. Waste of metal, oil, rares. You need those to build industry.
      2. Do not research air, tank, or special troops. Waste of metal, oil, rares. See a pattern?
      3. Do not build propaganda or recruitment centers. Use the resources on defense.

What do you need?
      1. One barracks. One ordnance factory. This is enough for a long time. As your infantry and artillery research improves, you will naturally level up your factories to level 2, 3, etc. But don't build more than 1 of each!
      2. Basic infantry and artillery for sure. This is the meat of your army. Especially in the early game.
      3. Depending on what your neighbors do, you might need AT and/or AA guns. Level 1 guns are fast to research and build, so you can always get them later. Don't build them just to build them. Delay these decisions if you can.

What's the point of all this?

The point is to get your industry maxed out, tripling your output from starting levels. If you can do that while staying out of trouble early, you're in good shape. Building 1 barracks and 1 artillery factory is cheap, leaving your industrial resources for industry upgrades. At the same time, infantry and artillery are GREAT for defense, GREAT in rough terrain, and GREAT for your doctrine.

Chances are, your neighbors will waste all of their starting industrial resources on a bunch of tank, ship, and aircraft research and factories. Your foot army will have no trouble walking over them. They will not be able to produce anything because their industry will be weak and all of their shiny factories will sit idle, waiting for you to walk in and burn them down.

Once you are rich and powerful, THEN start investing in motorized tech. Research your AC's and LT's to high levels (3 or higher) and build the good stuff. You'll roll over all the level 1 garbage your competitors are putting out.
    • You don't need armor to take out Xinjang.

Building a bunch of armor and bashing it into mountains and cities is a sure way to lose.

Infantry and artillery. That's it. Nothing else. Save your industrial goods for industry. If you don't know how to win using infantry and artillery, then that's something you need to work on. Learn to play that way. Learn to play without armor. Armor is rarely the right way to start a map. And it's never the right way when you're Tibet.
    • Yes, the starting AC's you get on most maps are enough to do all the scouting and empty province grabbing the first few days. Even if you don't get them, the cost of research + factory is a heavy price for a poor country. Those resources (before building a single AC unit!!!) are comparable to the cost of building industry in 4-5 cities.