Pin feature

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pin feature

First and foremost, I'd like to express my appreciation for the new "pin" feature. It is a very convenient way to mark your key areas of operations, and quickly jump to the various battlefields of an expanding empire without having to zoom and scroll around the map all the time. Thanks to the devs for designing a really neat feature!

Having said that, there's also some room for improvement:
      - It would be nice to be able to change their name. The three-letter codes can be really obscure, especially for units (People think of their units as "that big tank stack in Mongolia", and not as the "9th medium tank division", let alone "BQ9"), but for provinces as well ("SHI" stands for "Shillong", but to us it is really about "The battlefield in Burma"). A few more positions than three would also be nice; I think 8 would fit in the current screen estate for it? As it is, my "FL16" unit is already clipped to "FL1".
      - Could it be possible to pin enemy stacks as well? I'd like to jump to some doom stack invading me. I realize there's a problem because you shouldn't jump to it if it isn't currently in view, but I'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to fix.
      - I'm working on several computers, and the pins don't "port" between them, meaning I have to set and maintain pins on all of them. Apparently they're stored in a cookie or local storage; but would it be very hard to move the system to the server side, so it doesn't matter from where I'm playing?
      - Maybe the widow could be resizable vertically, so more than a few pins can be displayed at once?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.

The post was edited 3 times, last by K.Rokossovski ().

• It certainly feels inconvenient for other devices to be reseted pins.
      Originally, it might be desirable to complete it within the system, but it seems that the same fact can be considered positively.

For example, there seems to be a usage such as grouping units by region and associating the grouping with devices.
    • Thanks for the feedback!

Having them stored in a central place is a rather complicated topic. We may do it later but not for now.

You can already pin enemy armies.

The pins have tooltips which show the full name when you hover over them, which makes renaming not as important. It would be a nice to have though, so maybe we can do it at some point.

We like your suggestion that you should be able to resize them, similar to other panels, so we will implement that in one of the next updates.
    • It would also be very nice if you could add timers to the pins. For example, the unit gets there in 4 hours, the build finishes in 2 hours, the next artillery shot is in 22 minutes... add it to the pin and see the timer go down, and click it when it finishes.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Also something irritating: the option to delete the pin from the list is inside the pin button itself, but only as a hover. That means it isn't visible, you quickly move your mouse there and click it, not realizing that the delete button will pop up when your mouse gets there, and accidently clicking it. Instead of jumping to the pin, you've deleted it and have to scroll back on the map to re-add it. Already happened to me a few times now.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Feature request:

Let me type the letter/number code I want to use for the pin.
      I can name my pins according to what cities produce, or which battlefield they are on.
      Or I can use curse words or emoticons or whatever.
      You don't have to come up with any of that stuff.
      I'll come up with labels that make sense to me.