Trench Warfare

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trench Warfare

If someone loves history, then I am sure that you can agree with me that the trenches are an important factor in history.
      The biggest example is the trench Warfare between Germany and the France/UK
      I would like to make the trenches as a complementary building for the fortress , the main difference would be that if the trench is only built in one province it does not give any special effect, but if a neighbor province has the same building it would connect them, and give the trops that are moving between the two provinces and that are in standby in them, stealth, like a level 3 fortress, personally speaking I think is more realistic than the fortress giving stealth, but wathever
      unlike most of the buildings ,it would have 3 levels in the countryside and 2 levels in the cities.
      Stealth wouldn't be a bonus aded to all the province, only to the road between the provinces

Lv 1:+10% of movement between provinces, stealth lv.1 added ,+2% of defense
      Lv 2:+15% of movement between provinces, stealth lv.2 added ,+4% of defense
      Lv 3:+20% of movement between provinces, stealth lv.2 added, +5% of defense(many more hit points)

making this building would be nor expensive nor a long time needing building, It could be easily set up and it wouldn't be as good as a fortress in terms of hiding its units, but if confined with it , it would be an ideal place for artillery units to attack from afar, because even if you were to loose the territory , you could retreat a little bit faster

The post was edited 2 times, last by Improin ().

• Hmm... WWII trenches?

There were plenty of trenches on the Western front during WWI (World War ONE)

But during WWII (TWO) ?

I'm familiar with Blitzkrieg aka "lightning" "war".... not much use in building trenches behind you.... (AND This is a feature that would have much more play-ability in game... advance, surround a province, and if they don't break out in X amount of time, they automatically destroyed....)

Germany looked west and France surrendered without a fight... no trenches were built

And the only "trench" I can think of was between Europe mainland and UK... oh wait.. that's the English channel..

So where were these trenches....

Adding such a feature which does not represent any significant or meaningful WWII theatre other than perhaps a few specific sieges (Stalingrad comes to mind)... doesn't make sense to me.

In the WW ONE game... yes... here

Not so much
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Hmm... WWII trenches?

But during WWII (TWO) ?

I'm familiar with Blitzkrieg aka "lightning" "war".... not much use in building trenches behind you.... (AND This is a feature that would have much more play-ability in game... advance, surround a province, and if they don't break out in X amount of time, they automatically destroyed....)

Germany looked west and France surrendered without a fight... no trenches were built

And the only "trench" I can think of was between Europe mainland and UK... oh wait.. that's the English channel..

Adding such a feature which does not represent any significant or meaningful WWII theatre other than perhaps a few specific sieges (Stalingrad comes to mind)... doesn't make sense to me.

Not so much
      ??
      I checked and I never ones said in which WW did the warfare occur
    • I always thought that this would be a nice element to release.
      More specific request is that assign defensive buildings each armor class, unarmored, heavy armor, air force, surface ship, submarine.
      For trench, czech hedgehog, dragon's tooth, land / naval mine, barrage balloon, anti-submarine net.
      If possible, I would like the trenches to be divided into barbed wire and trenches.
      Because anti-tank trenches can also block armored units.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().

• pod_than wrote:

I always thought that this would be a nice element to release.
      More specific request is that assign defensive buildings each armor class, unarmored, heavy armor, air force, surface ship, submarine.
      For trench, czech hedgehog, dragon's tooth, land / naval mine, barrage balloon, anti-submarine net.
      If possible, I would like the trenches to be divided into barbed wire and trenches.
      Because anti-tank trenches can also block armored units.
      interesting
      could you give some concrete ideas?
    • I don't understand why you didn't understand though, but if I dare to list it, I think it will be as below.

unarmored → trench ( or barbed wire )
      heavy armor → czech hedgehog, dragon's tooth, anti-tank trenche
      air force → barrage balloon
      surface ship → naval mine
      submarine → anti-submarine net
    • pod_than wrote:

I don't understand why you didn't understand though, but if I dare to list it, I think it will be as below.

About the Barrage balloon, is it really a thing? The rest I heard of but Barrage balloon?
      Only the darkness and lost soul can create the path to your desire. Never look forward to the light but the dark side. :evil:
    • That is my "request".

ZombieFalcon wrote:

pod_than wrote:

I don't understand why you didn't understand though, but if I dare to list it, I think it will be as below.

About the Barrage balloon, is it really a thing? The rest I heard of but Barrage balloon?
    • I understood the concept from the start, I just want you to reformulate
      It seems that you have an idea, tell me all the types of trench that you have taught of, their bonuses, and everything else that could be useful

pod_than wrote:

• "reformulate"... that is inquiring in that context.
      I see.
      Then, it might be better to conceptualize beforehand.

I think it might be more interesting for defensive buildings to rely on their own armor class, much like how damage to units depends on the armor class of the unit and the type of projectile that hit units.
      And it is clear that existing type of unit, attack bomber and rocket artillery were introduced with high explosive projectile and kinetic energy penetrator in developer's mind.

But currently, the existing defensive buildings "fortification" and "bunker" "reduce the amount of damage" from all units at the same rate.
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/BUILDINGS#Urban_provinces

So I want developer's to add armor class of buildings.
    • ??I checked and I never ones said in which WW did the warfare occur

My mistake buddy, I made the assumption that since you're posting in the forum for

Call of War
      World War II (TWO)

(as shown in the HUGE graphic at the top of this forum, you might by some small chance be referring to this game as opposed to another game which has it's own separate forums.
    • pod_than wrote:

"reformulate"... that is inquiring in that context.
      I see.
      Then, it might be better to conceptualize beforehand.

I think it might be more interesting for defensive buildings to rely on their own armor class, much like how damage to units depends on the armor class of the unit and the type of projectile that hit units.
      And it is clear that existing type of unit, attack bomber and rocket artillery were introduced with high explosive projectile and kinetic energy penetrator in developer's mind.

But currently, the existing defensive buildings "fortification" and "bunker" "reduce the amount of damage" from all units at the same rate.
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/BUILDINGS#Urban_provinces

So I want developer's to add armor class of buildings.
      I agree
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Hmm... WWII trenches?

But during WWII (TWO) ?

Not so much
      ther were plenty of trenches in the Asian theatre of war, when the Japanese invaded the Chinese built a lot of trenches. Also when Germany invaded Russia the Russians build loads of trenches as well
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Hmm... WWII trenches?

But during WWII (TWO) ?

Not so much
      ther were plenty of trenches in the Asian theatre of war, when the Japanese invaded the Chinese built a lot of trenches. Also when Germany invaded Russia the Russians build loads of trenches as well
      well, then I suppose that my idea has a base in the end, thanks for commenting
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Hmm... WWII trenches?

Wouldn't the same "Effect" be represented by building a Forts on those islands?

A game mechanic which is currently in play.

What more would be gained by this?

More importantly, most of those islands had SUCH an important role in the war... they are not even on the map.

As I keep saying... What does the feature contribute to the game, other than some variety and duplicity in achieving the same thing in multiple ways. Which I don't see as something that's "Missing" from the game...

And this proposal adds nothing to the game which is not already part of CoW 2.0 (and in fact has been part of the game for as long as I remember)
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Hmm... WWII trenches?
      Wouldn't the same "Effect" be represented by building a Forts on those islands?

A game mechanic which is currently in play.

What more would be gained by this?

More importantly, most of those islands had SUCH an important role in the war... they are not even on the map.

As I keep saying... What does the feature contribute to the game, other than some variety and duplicity in achieving the same thing in multiple ways. Which I don't see as something that's "Missing" from the game...

And this proposal adds nothing to the game which is not already part of CoW 2.0 (and in fact has been part of the game for as long as I remember)
      Bunker don't protect infantry from artillery shells, but trenches effectively protect them.

On the contrary infantry hiding in bunker are more likely to be kill by shell splinter.
      Because they are in confined a place surrounded by walls that have some strength and rebounce back anything easily.
      But the trenches absorb the kinetic energy of the shell to some extent and also reduce scattering of shell splinter.

So I want developer's to "assign defensive buildings each armor class, unarmored, heavy armor, air force, surface ship, submarine" to building.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().