Barricade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have always thought that the image given to the fortifications wasn't the proper one, so I would like to add instead this image to the new building that I am going to talk about.
      the barricade would be a building that has many common things with the trenches previously mentioned by me
      they would have a fast building time and they could block roads, they would decrease the final speed of all the troops, so they would be like the inverse of the Infrastructure
      this building could be built everywhere
      Lv.1 -10% of speed between provinces
      Lv.2 -15% of speed between provinces
      Lv.3 -20% of speed between provinces
      If there is a trench in the same province, then troops moving trout it , it won't be affected about the speed de-buff.
      i have proposed in another articule the idea of destroying the already built buildings, like this, even if the enemy has captured one of your trenches and wants to use it to attack the other ones faster and by sneaking, you could easily destroy them.
      Images
      • Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-10 a las 0.30.11.png

664.65 kB, 974×350, viewed 1 times
    • Drop the "Barricade" and "Trench" nonsense and replace with "Mine Field".. and you have something useful

Naval Mine fields around Port....
      Mine Fields around.. well anywhere on land...

Now you have a suggestion that has something WWII realism and represents actual events.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • well, I am sorry to say it but the WERE barricades in the IIWW, maybe the name isn't the correct one but they were basically non-natural obstacles
      mine field as you said could be an option but it would be much more difficult to implant it in the game because it would make impossible to enemy players to conquer your provinces without receiving damage.
      Apart of that I have been reading others works, I don't know why but you always criticize me in all my works, while there are writers who , it doesn't matter their articule , you always give them a "like" or a good comment, or both
      I am happy that you want to improve my articules , but let me remind you that I have joined the forum less tan a month ago, there a hundreds of comments, and articules, I am sure you can have a better time with them than with my ones
    • My comments are not at all personal mate.... I've been on the forums for almost 4 years now... and there are plenty of guys who critique my suggestions in my time here...

You might find it helpful to do a SEARCH for your suggestion first... read up some of the historical suggestions on the topic you want to post about... so we're not endlessly circling the drain by bringing up topics that have been discussed many times before.. to various outcomes... (some have actually been implemented)

If you want to post an Idea... you MUST be ready to have it SHREDDED PUBLICLY... only once it's torn apart and it withstands the criticisms will you know if it's a good idea of not.

I never criticized you... just your idea.

====
      So far... this is an idea that has very little historical use... and no in game practical value that I can see... I proposed pushing this in the "Mines" direction because that has many more applicable uses... and in game relevance. To my knowledge.. mines did Extremely LIMITED damage during WWII.. so I would suggest they do limited damage.. on the other hand.. they did an excellent job of slowing units down... so a movement penalty would be what I'd lean towards.

If on the other hand... you tried to "Force March" units through a mine filed, or a marine minefield... you should take huge damage...
    • well, what I personally dislike about the mine fields is that it is a sure damage, let me say it in an other way, if you want to conquer a province with mine fields on it, it is impossible to not receive damage, it is true that they did low damage, compared to other kind of weapons, but that's it, they actually did damage, my idea would be that they actually don't do it, and whatever, I don't really care how you name it or the description, I just want a building that slows down the units
    • You continue to MISS the point !

What WWII event, action, military practice, weapon, tactic, unit type, unit effect are you trying to represent !

I love the Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz... but they are not a WWII unit type that was ever used by any army! For that reason they have (to my knowledge) never been suggested as a unit type for CoW.

What WWII event are you trying to get into the game... other than "Oh it would be cool if we had this..."

Not some one off event.. but an actual military procedure used more than once !

You still have not explained that.
    • okei, well , there are actually quite a lot, for example the Sumerian wall that went from Berlin
      I put in some links to make it more convincing
    • Berlin wall happened after WWII... not sure how it applies

Czech hedgehogs were an unfinished Czech defence structure given to Germany before the war started (1938).. again... did not see WWII action of any sort.

Down to your last example. A one time behemoth of construction and resources which was overrun in a matter of hours on D-Day... used only by one nation.

How does that differ from the current game mechanic of building "Fortifications"..... I think this is already represented in the game... accurately enough that changing it is not worth it.

Only modification might me to allow forts to be built Anywhere on the road where it intersects another road... or another province, at country borders, or where a path comes to water....

I'd say current mechanics already cover this suggestion well enough that changing it would be an improvement of little value.
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Berlin wall happened after WWII... not sure how it applies

Czech hedgehogs were an unfinished Czech defence structure given to Germany before the war started (1938).. again... did not see WWII action of any sort.

Down to your last example. A one time behemoth of construction and resources which was overrun in a matter of hours on D-Day... used only by one nation.

How does that differ from the current game mechanic of building "Fortifications"..... I think this is already represented in the game... accurately enough that changing it is not worth it.

Only modification might me to allow forts to be built Anywhere on the road where it intersects another road... or another province, at country borders, or where a path comes to water....

I'd say current mechanics already cover this suggestion well enough that changing it would be an improvement of little value.
      I think it's clear that lowering the troop speed and lowering the attack power will make different changes to the combat mechanism.
      Simply put, it becomes difficult to concentrate force when the speed of a force becomes manipulable.
      It is not possible to prevent the enemy from invading just by making the defense wall thicker though.
      But if the presence that an obstacle cannot be confirmed in advance or that can be laid after the enemy's invasion has begun is introduced, it will became to take time and effort to gather the troops for offensive side at least.
      And given the additional uncertainties, defensive side should be able to force enemy the risk of discrepancies between the known tactical optimum and the actual optimum by cut grace period.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().