Methods and strategy to win solo larger maps (50/100)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Methods and strategy to win solo larger maps (50/100)

Hi in these days im interested in improving my solo performance, so increase my solo wins in larger maps like 50 or even 100, any expert player can advice me on how to move on the diplomacy side also ways to manipulate players ecc.?
    • Idk about manipulate because I haven't had to do anything that drastic, but aside from "build a strong economy and don't lose any units" some other advice for solo wins would be:

1) use profiles to figure out threat level of players around you
      2) use spies to figure out threat level of major coalitions - they often look strong but are actually trivially easy to take out one at a time because they don't know how to back each other up
      3) take advantage of mutually-beneficial treaties other than coalition, even if it's as simple as "I'll get first, you can have second" - this works surprisingly often
      4) don't be afraid to abandon your plan for a solo win if it doesn't seem feasible; sometimes teaming really late in the game just to get a coalition win and move on to the next game is the right play versus slogging out a huge war against multiple active players
    • I always seem to find someone interesting on the map and "recruiting" to join my CoW-a-sphere in Discord... So deciding before I get into a game that "All war is deception" and I'm not going to ally up with anyone no matter what.. I haven't played like that and don't like the idea of going into a game with that mindset.

I've got a few runaway wins where I'm over 3.500 VP and get a Coalition win even though I would have almost doubled my Gold reward win for dropping them and going Solo.

But I'm a firm believer in CoW Rules

1. Alliance
      2. Coalition
      3. If you go AI, I kill you
      4. Kill'em All

And one can only move up on this list.

Does make it a tad harder for Solo wins.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • There's a big difference between "I'm going to try to solo this game if I can, as a challenge" and "I'm not going to ally with anyone no matter what"

Most of my solo wins have just happened that way because I play quickly and actively and never needed to team with anyone. In my opinion most players form coalitions way too soon. But sometimes making a coalition to get a win makes sense, and that's fine too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by jubjub bird ().

• Be willing to spend a lot of gold. I end up getting at least one heavy golder on the map every game and it’s nice to have a partner to bring them down.

I’m probably a team player to a fault. Like JubJub Bird and OneNutSquirrel, I value competent partners and cooperation.

My last map I went in with two solid partners with a goal of a 3 player coalition on the 100 player map. We ran into two golders and didn’t adjust our goal quickly enough. I’ve never regretted archiving a game more. Day 12 and I had pulled two all-nighters. One of the golders was an idiot but active enough and willing to spend enough that I knew we couldn’t take him.