Ai Declares War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ai Declares War

Now in the the call of war, when your popularity is low, the AI just declares war on you. This is really dumb and it really affect your urge to play on. Also the Ai r just Developing too fast and they just use giant stacks to destroy you. I think you should make the AI develop slower about 50% slower. And you should lower the chance AI declares war on you, about to 75% chance lower. I’m pretty sure a lot of people r annoyed Of ai declaring war on you and it is just really annoying. :wallbash :thumbdown: ||
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • AI are very dumb , if they became dumber then they wont even be able to produce an infantry
      If its not a problem I will give you same advice, when you start the game , first of all give your map to all the AI countries
      this will increase your popularity to 89% aproximatly(at list that was what happened in my last game
      and If you decide to be pacifist , AI will start to give you cross permission and finally even their maps
      even if you decide to fight right away , this tecnique will guarantee that the AI wont declare war on you for almost one week(if you dont go crazy and declare war on the war of course) this is quite used technique, I hope it helps you
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

Now in the the call of war, when your popularity is low, the AI just declares war on you. This is really dumb and it really affect your urge to play on. Also the Ai r just Developing too fast and they just use giant stacks to destroy you. I think you should make the AI develop slower about 50% slower. And you should lower the chance AI declares war on you, about to 75% chance lower. I’m pretty sure a lot of people r annoyed Of ai declaring war on you and it is just really annoying. :wallbash :thumbdown: ||
      I think AI is way to nice. If you as a country go on rampage and destroy one country after the next. All AI countries bordering you should go to war against an world dominating power or if not, they should allow all other powers to cross their country to get to this country.
      Hier könnt Ihr ein Support-Ticket erstellen. :00000450:
    • Hurbala wrote:

I think AI is way to nice. If you as a country go on rampage and destroy one country after the next. All AI countries bordering you should go to war against an world dominating power or if not, they should allow all other powers to cross their country to get to this country.
      *Deep breath* No. Imagine you are a small country. Let's say Luxembourg. Germany, an absolutely huge country compared to you, is going on a rampage, but hasn't done anything to you or your immediate neighbors (Belgium, Netherlands, etc). Would it make sense for you to declare war on Germany, knowing full well you don't stand a chance against them, and likely won't even make that much of a difference in their fighting capabilities? No. It's quite literally suicide.

Economic sanctions and possibly giving indirect aid to Germany's enemies is another thing entirely, and something which I think would be beneficial to the game. But for a random ai neighbor to out of the blue declare war on a player for attacking other nations is very unrealistic and frankly just annoying.
    • From a game theory perspective it is good though, it is what happens in most board games for example. Once a certain player becomes too dominant and is about to win, usually the other weaker players band together to bring the player down and stop them from winning. This is the final challenge that the dominating player has to overcome.
      The AI attacks work in a similar vain, so why shouldnt they band together any bring down the agressor? Its their only chance they may survive, because sooner or later the agressor will also come for them. It is a form of comeback mechanic for weaker players.

But perhaps we can tone down how trigger happy AIs are in the future.
    • Actually there is already a way to deal with potentially hostile AI nations. It is actually very simple to do also. DO NOT share a border with a potential hostile AI nation. How to do this is less easy. If I am a war with a country I check my relationship with neighbor that I could share a border with, if I plan on invading this nation I do not worry, if I am not planning on invading the neighbor I will kill all enemy units in the bordering province (usually by Air) and then leave those provinces empty. 90+% of the time the neighboring AI nation will not declare war and attack me, usually what causes a neighbor to declare war and attack me is that one of the provinces rebel and we end up with a shared border.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

Actually there is already a way to deal with potentially hostile AI nations. It is actually very simple to do also. DO NOT share a border with a potential hostile AI nation. How to do this is less easy. If I am a war with a country I check my relationship with neighbor that I could share a border with, if I plan on invading this nation I do not worry, if I am not planning on invading the neighbor I will kill all enemy units in the bordering province (usually by Air) and then leave those provinces empty. 90+% of the time the neighboring AI nation will not declare war and attack me, usually what causes a neighbor to declare war and attack me is that one of the provinces rebel and we end up with a shared border.
      sorry to say this, but what you have just said is basically that if you conquer a country and in ice border with another AI country you don´t put any troop, then the probability that they attack you is very low(10%) the , if we consider that AI-s at the start of the game are in simple peace with you , then its impossible to know when and which of them will become hostile, because AI-s only see you as a number(Global popularity), therefore its IMPOSSIBLE to know which AI-s will be hostile to you, because the AI-s change their relationship whiz you every start of day, therefore its not uncommon that several AI countries suddenly declare an embargo, or even, war.
      stop giving useless number such as 90+%, first of all it isn't even well written , second it is not accurate
      I would like you to name sources... no, even one source will be enough, please reconsider your way of generating information that could be miss-leading for some less experienced players
    • Improin wrote:

S Schmidt wrote:

Actually there is already a way to deal with potentially hostile AI nations. It is actually very simple to do also. DO NOT share a border with a potential hostile AI nation. How to do this is less easy. If I am a war with a country I check my relationship with neighbor that I could share a border with, if I plan on invading this nation I do not worry, if I am not planning on invading the neighbor I will kill all enemy units in the bordering province (usually by Air) and then leave those provinces empty. 90+% of the time the neighboring AI nation will not declare war and attack me, usually what causes a neighbor to declare war and attack me is that one of the provinces rebel and we end up with a shared border.
      sorry to say this, but what you have just said is basically that if you conquer a country and in ice border with another AI country you don´t put any troop, then the probability that they attack you is very low(10%) the , if we consider that AI-s at the start of the game are in simple peace with you , then its impossible to know when and which of them will become hostile, because AI-s only see you as a number(Global popularity), therefore its IMPOSSIBLE to know which AI-s will be hostile to you, because the AI-s change their relationship whiz you every start of day, therefore its not uncommon that several AI countries suddenly declare an embargo, or even, war.stop giving useless number such as 90+%, first of all it isn't even well written , second it is not accurate
      I would like you to name sources... no, even one source will be enough, please reconsider your way of generating information that could be miss-leading for some less experienced players
      I agree
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • I guess I should have included pictures so it would be easier to understand. So I will now include pictures drawn with crayons for you. I agree that I should have written it differently but I wrote this and did not review before submitting without a reread thru. But I will start with words, if you are going to live in a glass house don't cast stones.

Improin wrote:

first of all it isn't even well written , second it is not accurate
      Because your comment of

Improin wrote:

and in ice border with another AI
      is totally Greek to me and English is not my second language.

Now to try to explain a little more. I am copying this from another of my post on the subject. I have found that if you are at war with a nation X and nation Y is next to it and Y has a trade embargo against you that almost as soon as you share a border that Y will declare war. But if you leave a, call it a DMZ or a buffer zone, province of nation X between you and nation Y that they do not declare war. Even if they do declare war you do not share a border for them to invade you and as nation X is between you and Y there is no point for them to attack you. Even that was underexplained. You need to leave a border of provinces that belong to Nation X along the border with Nation Y so that your nation has NO BORDER with Nation Y. In the example picture the two province above the white line and marked as DMZ would be empty of Nation X units and would form a border between My Nation and Nation Y so therefore we would have no shared border and Nation Y would not have a reason to declare war and attack my nation.

Now as for the 90+% statistic. How can you claim it is inaccurate if you did not understand the idea it was based on. Once again those living in glass houses. I am giving my OWN observational statistic as the author of any report would. Where you watching over my shoulder as I did these things? No? Then you have no basis to claim my stats are wrong or made up. You are more than able to determine if it is accurate or not by testing this yourself. But to just claim it is false is pure hypocrisy. And if you do test it and come up with a different number I want documentation and evidence to back up your claim. Some of this idea goes back to when elite AIs were an option to battle, I have played the game off and on for 6 years and am very knowledgeable of the system. So all I have to say is PROVE ME WRONG. Not just claim it, as word are air and mean nothing while action are proof. SHOW videos of where you have tried my idea and it does not work, until then why don't you

Improin wrote:

please reconsider your way of generating information that could be miss-leading for some less experienced players
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel

The post was edited 1 time, last by S Schmidt ().

• well, du, if this is what you meant from the start then I must apology, even so I still thing the +90%(you wrote 90+%, but whatever) it is not a good number, it has happened to me many times that me being in Europe or Africa, some country of the USA declared war, therefore I disapprove on this method that supposedly reduces AI hostility rate.
      Second part, you are basically telling us to not finish up our own enemies, lets say that they have a city in the border with another AI country, what do we do?, we let them keep producing troops in secret?, do we let some troops to laze around watching them?, of course having airplanes is marvelous and everything, but, what if somebody doesn't have strong airplanes against structures or morale, and even if he has, what if he can't keep one in every single zone that lets name for the sake of confort , "danger zone", sorry but your idea is not enough versatile and far from useful
      so I will have to repeat my self, stop giving out ideas that could confuse inexperienced players and make then try out this technique , that ultimately would back fire in them
      thanks for your attention
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

Common sense should tell you to leave out only non-urban provinces. If that results in a gap at least the AI would then be funnelled.
      first of all, if we are specking about common sense, then I don't think I have said anything outrageous , because what we where spoking about;
      that not having direct provinces with IA "hypothetically"(hipótesis made by S. Schemidt, all references reserved to him)could highly reduce the probability of it becoming hostile;
      the key point hear apart of being a huge loss in the long game of resources and money, I will repeat again, it doesn't matter how many times, is that AI independently of the place, only sees you as a number(global popularity), and even if we try to prove this supposed "theory"(hipótesis made by S. Schemidt, all references reserved to the him) it just doesn't add up and ends up being a total waist in a full-is player who may try to realize it, as I have, and will repeat, Ai-s relation with you depends on the total relationship of all countries of the word/divided by its number in %, this is the global popularity, when you are in war with multiple opponents your popularity drops heavily and you are in danger of gaining an embargo from another nation or even, war, when you destroy another country, your total popularity increases between 1% and 2%, its not much of a help but its still noteworthy, finally, being bordering nations, doesn't meen that there is more probability of them being hostile, the probability is the same everywhere
    • Improin wrote:

finally, being bordering nations, doesn't meen that there is more probability of them being hostile, the probability is the same everywhere
      to use your own argument against you.

Improin wrote:

• Improin wrote:

first of all, if we are specking about common sense, then I don't think I have said anything outrageous
      This is ridiculous:

Improin wrote:

Second part, you are basically telling us to not finish up our own enemies, lets say that they have a city in the border with another AI country, what do we do?, we let them keep producing troops in secret?, do we let some troops to laze around watching them?, of course having airplanes is marvelous and everything, but, what if somebody doesn't have strong airplanes against structures or morale, and even if he has, what if he can't keep one in every single zone that lets name for the sake of confort , "danger zone", sorry but your idea is not enough versatile and far from useful
      Again common sense should tell you to take out the enemy's capability to wage war above everything else. With that established, the only provinces left then that you can afford to not take for a "DMZ" would then be non-urban provinces. It's really no rocket science.

It doesn't matter if the AI declares war on you or not, it can't invade you anyway because it would be blocked.

Let's say you're in a Clash game as Sweden (green) and you invade Finland (orange). Communist Russia (red) who's AI, has taken out the Russian Empire and so now has 3 land borders with Finland. In case you end up at war with Com Russia, these 3 provinces would then be it's avenues of invasion (I know there's the sea but let's pretend it's unnavigable).

You're now finishing up your invasion, you've already defeated all of Finland's units and all that's left to do now is to gobble up all his provinces, but all of the sudden Com Russia declares war and you don't want to fight yet. What you can do then is to leave out Finland's border provinces with Com Russia, blocking its routes of invasion and so effectively avoiding the war altogether.
    • This is a joke.

Please actually make the AI a threat.

Afterwards, please actually make players a threat.

AI do not produce too many units. They don't produce enough units and the units they do produce are inappropriate, ineffective, and (if at war) are immediately sent to die. The only nations on the map that are worse than AI are the players themselves.
      A List of My Heroes:
      Display Spoiler
      BlackS0rcerer:
      9/5/22 - 13:58
      just posting here cause it gives a reward

The post was edited 4 times, last by J.T.C. Roulain ().

• Maybe the England map above was just for illustration. I see no reason to stop at London in that case.

I guess I don't see what all the fuss is about. The AI may be more aggressive, but in my experience it will only attack empty provinces and even then it's only a minor annoyance.