Gold Healing Refueling Planes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Healing Refueling Planes

I had a golder teach me a new trick in my last game. He thought it would be a good idea to direct attack ten level 4 cruisers with 10 level 2 naval bombers. It did not go well for him. Sensing an opportunity to finish them off, I tried sailing to the airstrip he was based from while they were still refueling to bombard him away. Much to my disappointment, he gold healed his planes and flew away. I had no idea gold healing instantly refueled planes. I don't know if this is by design or a temporary bug, I don't use gold enough to claim any expertise in this area. Has anyone else seen this before?
    • Same thing happened to me in a Team Up game.
      The guy kept attacking against terrible match-ups (where he lost 2x-3x more HP than me).
      Then he just healed up and did it again and again.
      It was pointless to fight.
      A few times, I managed to outright kill a stack with overwhelming force before he could heal.
      But you and I know that's rare.
      You don't take a stack of strategic bombers from 100% to dead in one hit.
      At the end of the day, it's futile.
      These guys don't care about a fair fight against another human being.
      You're just an NPC to them.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Same thing happened to me in a Team Up game.
      The guy kept attacking against terrible match-ups (where he lost 2x-3x more HP than me).
      Then he just healed up and did it again and again.
      It was pointless to fight.
      A few times, I managed to outright kill a stack with overwhelming force before he could heal.
      But you and I know that's rare.
      You don't take a stack of strategic bombers from 100% to dead in one hit.
      At the end of the day, it's futile.
      These guys don't care about a fair fight against another human being.
      You're just an NPC to them.
      Yeah, I'm still recovering from my last game. I hate losing, especially to a half-wit, but he was active enough and willing to spend enough that I didn't think I had a chance in the long run. I probably made Bytro a few hundred dollars just off what this guy spent.

It didn't help that my partners going into the game wanted to win with a coalition of three. We didn't expect to run into hard-core golders. Actually only the half-wit was obvious about it; at least he didn't try to hide the fact that he was an idiot. The other one golded up his industry in the early game and coasted on that success trying to convince us he was a good player.
    • They can't confirm or de-confirm; they don't gold themselves but saw it on an opponent. Shouldn't be too hard to try this on your QA dept though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

So would be nice if you guys can confirm or de-confirm if healing refueling planes skips the refuel timer immediately. The posts in the thread read like that it wasn't certain.
      K.Rokossovski is right, I just saw an opponent gold heal plans and the timing made it appear to cause the planes to refuel, but it could have been the airstrip too. I didn't get a look at the airstrip. I just wanted to post here to better understand what may have happened.

I'd prefer to not use gold to test. My alliance has a strict no first usage rule for gold.