AI Nations staying Coalitions.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI Nations staying Coalitions.

This is just a question & maybe not a bug. Is it now that if a player goes inactive & was in a coalition it doesn't automatically leave the coalition?

If so this is new & I just missed this update. Also if so I would like to take the opportunity to disagree with this change. If a player goes inactive on say day 3, but joined a coalition & remains in it the whole game, I cannot for example change my Diplomacy to improve relations with it (in the hope to delay it from attacking me). Also if an enemy is at war with it I can neither change relation to say right of way or share map in the hope it will pass through me & attack our common enemy.

These are important aspects to Diplomacy, this change if not a bug, lessens the usefulness, of an already underrated diplomacy system.

I would like to see *more* diplomacy options with AI Nations in fact.

If it is a bug then let me know & thank you.

Game 5966667 in case it is a bug :P
    • Hey @ducwigen,

as far as I know, this was implemented, so that you wont get attacked by a fully developed AI, when the player goes inactive. I am not 100% sure, if my information is true, but I can tell you, that this is, most likely, no bug and as added intentionally.

There is still the function to remove AI from a coalition manually.

I agree on your point about the diplomacy options with AI Nations... there's not much, but it would be great if we could at least do some more diplomacy with them :)

I hope I could help you at least a little :)
      Winterfliege

:thumbup:
    • Yes your own rank is the one that is displayed, AIs count in that ranking. So if you are 14th and 13 AIs are in front of you, you will finish as 13th.
      But AI players do not receive victory gold or victory achievements. So when the ranked 1 player gets inative, his country will finish 1st, but they will not receive any rewards or achievements. I assumed that't hat you meant when you asked for rankings and payouts.

Btw this was always like this, no change occured.
    • ducwigen wrote:

This is just a question & maybe not a bug. Is it now that if a player goes inactive & was in a coalition it doesn't automatically leave the coalition?

If so this is new & I just missed this update. Also if so I would like to take the opportunity to disagree with this change. If a player goes inactive on say day 3, but joined a coalition & remains in it the whole game, I cannot for example change my Diplomacy to improve relations with it (in the hope to delay it from attacking me). Also if an enemy is at war with it I can neither change relation to say right of way or share map in the hope it will pass through me & attack our common enemy.

These are important aspects to Diplomacy, this change if not a bug, lessens the usefulness, of an already underrated diplomacy system.

I would like to see *more* diplomacy options with AI Nations in fact.

If it is a bug then let me know & thank you.

Game 5966667 in case it is a bug :P
      I absolutely agree with this.
      I now am on a map with a coalition of AIs
      Like really? lol A little absurd.

And you cannot trade or communicate with AIs. Thats a huge block of provinces. In fact its a 25% of the map lol
    • rdy2rocknroll wrote:

It seems to me that players in a coalition should have coalition diplomacy, as it is now players still do their own diplomacy outside of the coalition ie one player of the coalition may be at war with me and another may be sharing the map (in essence being a spy for his team mate),.
      I so agree with this. Especially factoring in multi accounts. One is at war with you, the other gives your positions away.