500 player maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• They once tried a map with 260 players a few years ago, but performance was so bad that it wasn't really playable.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • A 500 player map? Really? Lets just think of how long that map would need to take to develop and not to mention the cost. Now lets think of the 100 WAW we play and how many end up losing 25% or more players on day 3 (I will do the math for you, on a 500 player map that would have a dropout rate on day 3 of 125 players.) When you can solve the dropout rate, or at least find a way to reduce it to 5 or 10%, on maps I would happily endorse a 500 player map until then it is not needed not would it be fun to play. Unless to like fight multiple AIs that is.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • B-25 Mitchell wrote:

I don't think it would be fun because we would have to make new countries would have to be smaller and everybody would have less resources and it would just be more of who has more gold.
      They could put a cap of gold per game. They can also put a cap on stacks.
      a 250 game or a 100 game or even 50 game is fun if its actually 50 players.
      As was said, the drop out rate kills the map.
      Thus why I call for more units, more other things to do to keep players interested and busy. Again, not a diss, just observations.