Capitals

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

freezy wrote:

If you lose your capital then your disctance to capital penalty is at maxium value for all your provinces. So -30.
      To be honest the expansion penalties are to high. Ive just finihsed a Homefront game. 1/3rd of my nation's loyalty was below 25 despite lev 3 prop and or even wiping an the original AI/player off the map.
      This needs to be fixed.
      My Capitol with lev3 prop at 95 loyalty makes no sense. zero. nada.

I was getting -100 .. come on. -100 for expanding in a wargame? So it is mathematically impossible to solo win on Homefront, and near impossible for coalition, unless you drop gold. The AI's were supercharged.

Challenging yes. But in no way could anyone win this map. Thats my 2 cents
    • New

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. I am on constant expansion from day 1 in any game I play and I will occasionally have issues with Low Morale due to the expansion penalty. I plan for it and attempt to take an enemy Capital (Player preferred over AI but will settle for AI) every day. I am also building Propaganda Offices in my core to keep my resources maxed.

During 1.5 in a WAW I had over 100+ provinces at 25 Morale or below (most had just been captured but I was not able to capture an enemy capital before day change) and only about 10 provinces rebelled (mostly his rural core provinces) and returned to the original player nation (Iraq). I know my expansion penalty was very high as I had conquered most of Europe, Africa and the Middle East except Iraq.

Moss20 wrote:

My Capitol with lev3 prop at 95 loyalty makes no sense. zero. nada.
      It does make sense as you will always have malcontents with warmongering, if it was 5 instead of 95 I would agree with you but it has done nothing but rise since the game started.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • New

Thanks for your input. As I have always stated, any comments I make is based on game play experience and observations. At no point is any of my comments meant to be a negative on the game but based on ingame observations.
      I love CoW too much to trash it.
      I spend to much on CoW to trash it lol

What I stated in my comments was accurate and true. I spent 400$ + on the game and all my core was at 100% built up.
      There should have been way less penalties
      My original comments hold true I am afraid. The penalties MUST be adjusted. sorry
      Also please know that I NEVER use gold to bully ANY live players. I spnd to play m y nation to the max to see what possibilities or lacks there of there is ingame. CoW needs to adjust quite a few things I am afraid.
      Again this is ingame observations. And my comments are here so that the game can reach its full potential.
      I appreciate all comments in forum, and I appreciate @freezy always being present with us here in forums.
      Not many games have that.

All the best :)
    • New

Moss20 wrote:

So it is mathematically impossible to solo win on Homefront, and near impossible for coalition, unless you drop gold.
      I've solo'd this map a few times, it's actually my favorite to solo I think. It's difficult enough to be fun without being impossible.

Yes, it's very hard to keep morale up in captured provinces, especially when you're an edge country, but that's why you have to expand quickly and take capitals at the right time. (the capitals being the key part of that, hence why AIs should rebuild their capitals after a day or two.)
    • New

In the old days they did, and they didn't need to be in a city either. God with some patience you could harvest five capitals or more from the bigger AI's like Alaska. Kill all their troops, take the original capital, wait till they rebuilt it somewhere else, take only that ONE province, and repeat till provinces were finished. Like milking a cow.

It is really good that they removed this, and I'm not looking for it to come back. I'm not saying AI's should never rebuild capitals, I just think it shouldn't be turned into an industry. There's already the Pacific for that.
      When the enemy is driven back, we have failed. When he is cut off, encircled and dispersed, we have succeeded. - Aleksandr Suvorov.
    • New

K.Rokossovski wrote:

In the old days they did, and they didn't need to be in a city either. God with some patience you could harvest five capitals or more from the bigger AI's like Alaska. Kill all their troops, take the original capital, wait till they rebuilt it somewhere else, take only that ONE province, and repeat till provinces were finished. Like milking a cow.

It is really good that they removed this, and I'm not looking for it to come back. I'm not saying AI's should never rebuild capitals, I just think it shouldn't be turned into an industry. There's already the Pacific for that.
      I can see how that has the potential to be abused.