Join an ongoing game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There are reasons for this. The first being it prevents wolfpacking by players that are losing. Second, it also prevents players from joining a game where they would only have a couple of provinces left and no military units. Both of these used to happen when joining a game at any point was possible, that was thankfully changed long ago.
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel
    • S Schmidt wrote:

There are reasons for this. The first being it prevents wolfpacking by players that are losing. Second, it also prevents players from joining a game where they would only have a couple of provinces left and no military units. Both of these used to happen when joining a game at any point was possible, that was thankfully changed long ago.
      Understand. But if the function "You allready joined/played this map" would stop that. And the fact you risk to join a country with no units you would understand after first attempt. Personally I would like look at a game, see an AI in a tough position and try make something out of it. I would also like if I was in a game with few players and some AI became players as Im here for the challenge and not just move the lawn in every map.
    • No, you misunderstand. Wolfpacking is not the same as multiple accounts (played by the same person, which is a violation of the TOS) Wolfpacking is having friends and or Allies join an in progress game to help out a losing player by providing aid and attacking nations (people) at war with the losing nation. This was also enacted before you were able to spectate games so you had no idea what the situation was before you joined. Finally it sounds as if you would want to take over player nations that have gone AI, this is impossible as the player that started the game and went inactive may return and what would happen if you had taken over that player's nation? TBH it is best that this feature NOT change to reduce/eliminate complaints of "I joined a game and....."
      "Strategy is the art of making use of time and space. I am less concerned about the later than the former. Space we can recover, lost time never." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

"Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success." ~ Erwin Rommel