WE NEED CHANGE TO SAVE CALL OF WAR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I find that when I join a game, I am bombarded by requests to join coalitions formed by new players who want me to carry them or are afraid of me (I don't know why..lol.) I always try to sit back and wait a few days before forming a coalition, even if I have friends in the map. This prevents coalition members from bailing and going inactive leaving me in a lurch. I can see who are committed players and who would be the best choice. Just my humble opinion...
    • Rooklet wrote:

Always double check stats etc never form or join a group for first 48hrs simple rules. this way find your self good place not get stuck with IA players etc always check the Alliance tags there are snakes out there
      I do the following:
      -follow during 4 days activity players
      -check K/D stats over those 4 days
      -check global K/D stats
      -check victories vs played game stats, also coalition versus solo victories
      -Check casualties in the newspaper
      -check units used in warfare
      -check war declarations (least important, only very few declare war actively, most people just suprise attack, but it may be a liability later in the game)
      -contact people and discuss.

People which are not clear/vague and do hesitate, have "rights" with "other people" have multiple solo victories but little or no coalition victories are a sure liability to a coalition and to you.

Also the strategic position is important, "beter een goede buur dan een verre vriend" (better a good neighbour than a friend far away), a coalition benefits most from shared borders allowing concentration of troops. iyts even better if you can complement each other in terms of warfare and most likely also resources. Its best if one can agree on mutual attacks and division of spoils, I thus usually discuss capital conquering and split the spoils in a mutual attack, important is that the bonus goes to the one who needs it most for controlling moral in the empire

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gen. Smit ().

• Gen. Smit

Although I agree that some rules of engagement must be set. I will never restrict a player who can move through countries at a faster rate than anyone on the board. To go through a country and not take all while going through can haunt him. Becoming a thorn in his side if you fail to keep the pace. As a coalition leader you must make the call yourself and let others know why. Fair is not always equal. When winning is the ultimate goal of all Coalition members.
      BrutusOf7th :00008698: :00008674: :00008643: :00008566:
      Things are gonna change. I can feel it!
      :protest: :google: :unfair:
    • It may be right that mod quals are not high, or at least their training, but I have not found the global or game chat useful for some time and don't find a lot of use in this forum compared to my bros on discord. Mods won't save the game, but they can hurt it. Such as:

Winterfliege wrote:

Soooo....

• Gold-User/Pay-User or generally the discussion about paying real money are so old and common, that it makes no sense to begin a 'new' discussion about it every now and then.
      • Bytro also has other games, so even IF Call of War would die, they would still make enough money to get along anyways.
      • The Gold price is high enough already.
      • One player can finance the game for several hundred players, so be grateful to have them.

---- over and out.... ----
      I don't think a mods purpose is to nay say and shut down every discussion because it has all been said before so we should a keep quiet. I dont think the mods job is to make sure the owners keep making money and golders prop up the game for the whole group. You should be helping to create an enjoyable experience and a growing a popular game. I was hoping this would be my "chess" for when I am old. Among us or fortnight are way more popular, profitable and don't rely on paying for an advantage to help you win. Continue to make moderate gold use ubiquitous and accessible through voluntary adds that make money, continue high command, sell unique collector skins and blue prints (A small advantage end game if it lasts that long but not needed) After you grow the user base you can have in game organized and joined tournaments at different levels (need a win a lower level to join upper tourney). If you want to keep with gold, how about adding a gambling type aspect such as a percent of gold spent in a game increases the payouts at the end of the game.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Rooklet wrote:

Always double check stats etc never form or join a group for first 48hrs simple rules. this way find your self good place not get stuck with IA players etc always check the Alliance tags there are snakes out there
      I do the following:-follow during 4 days activity players
      -check K/D stats over those 4 days
      -check global K/D stats
      -check victories vs played game stats, also coalition versus solo victories
      -Check casualties in the newspaper
      -check units used in warfare
      -check war declarations (least important, only very few declare war actively, most people just suprise attack, but it may be a liability later in the game)
      -contact people and discuss.

People which are not clear/vague and do hesitate, have "rights" with "other people" have multiple solo victories but little or no coalition victories are a sure liability to a coalition and to you.

Also the strategic position is important, "beter een goede buur dan een verre vriend" (better a good neighbour than a friend far away), a coalition benefits most from shared borders allowing concentration of troops. iyts even better if you can complement each other in terms of warfare and most likely also resources. Its best if one can agree on mutual attacks and division of spoils, I thus usually discuss capital conquering and split the spoils in a mutual attack, important is that the bonus goes to the one who needs it most for controlling moral in the empire
      I like these rules.
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"
    • CaptainBlood wrote:

I find that when I join a game, I am bombarded by requests to join coalitions formed by new players who want me to carry them or are afraid of me (I don't know why..lol.) I always try to sit back and wait a few days before forming a coalition, even if I have friends in the map. This prevents coalition members from bailing and going inactive leaving me in a lurch. I can see who are committed players and who would be the best choice. Just my humble opinion...
      Given the chance I'd kill you at the first possiblity, unless we were working towards a coalition victory around day 3. Before then I'm just gonna conquer my neighbors and wait to see who survives first contact.
      "たわごと" - Last words from the Japanese 9th Artillery Regiment before being pounded into oblivion by Manchu Battleship "Zhèngxiāngbái"