WE NEED CHANGE TO SAVE CALL OF WAR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Winterfliege wrote:

That's right, finding fitting mods can be hard.

You still can try to volunteer, I have to say, I've seen Mods that were only in Chat like 3 Days a week only for like one hour, so your 'time-issue' might actually be no issue ;)

Just try it and ask the SMOD if that's okay.
      i'd suggest to find more mods on different timezones so servers/forums/ customer service can be responded/replied 24/7. if you guys have implemented this system then its cool. just a suggestion!
    • Winterfliege wrote:

Ah yeah, before I forget it again...

What I meant about the tension is, that it was discussed many times in the past, every time with the same answer and in many many threads it got really bad.. worst than a battlefield even.... And it's just for the Gold part of it, the rest is totally fine, but also in multiple threads already.
      i've seen many players leaving because of gold players. They said that this game is categorized as P2W as gold can literally be used for anything, producing troops faster, research faster, etc etc.I think if yall solved the gold part then i bet CoW player count increases.
    • Average_Luz wrote:

That just says bytro loves money more than it’s details, wow bytro
      EXACTLY. They better remember that they need us, the players, more than we need them.
      "Never fail to honor your people. When a true leader's work is done and his aims fulfilled, they should say and believe 'We did this ourselves.'" - US Army General George S. Patton Jr. [1885-1945]
    • DxC wrote:

General Freiheit wrote:

Me and large amounts of other players have noticed something disturbing... The number of trolls joining the game has skyrocketed, whereas actual players interested in the game are decreasing to a trickle. Another thing we noticed is many old-time players and mods are outright LEAVING the game! We need change, and now! The sad reality is the game is dying! Here is what I propose:

1. Raise the price of gold to lessen gold-users, bytro would still profit from gold, and players would be less likely to leave the game after joining if golding was turned down a notch. [bytro also makes money from ads, so they can survive raising the price of gold.

2. Limit gold-using on servers new players join for the tutorial [American Homefront and Clash of Nations].

3. Stop trolls in global chat by getting more mods, and lowering moderator requirements to do so.

4. Add more features and units to the game.

I believe these four simple steps will save Call of War from extinction. I am calling out for help on this, to save Call of War, the game we love.
      So you are saying people interested in the game are leaving and more trolls are playing? What exactly is a troll? Whatever the definition, you seem to be assuming Bytro wants more people interested in the game and fewer trolls, whatever that is. That might not even be that case.
      1. If "people interested in the game" are leaving because noobs are spamming gold, then there aren't many interested in the game in the first place. Personally, I love it when I see people spamming gold.

2. I don't fully understand this, but I would say encourage the hell out of new players to spend gold because 99% of new players will not continue to play the game.

3. I don't read global chat.

4. Ummm. They have been doing that for the last several years.
      Bytro obviously wants more players and less trolls. Trolls just screw with others for fun, not play the game.

1. Most of the "noobs" don't spam the gold, it's usually players who have been in call of war for awhile and buy it.

2. I would limit Golding to help "noobs," so older players don't spam gold in the server and force-out all the newer players. I've seen a lot of new players in chat raging over golders in their first game.

3. So? This isn't just about YOU. Do you have no respect for those who do?

4. They haven't added any new units in awhile.
      "Never fail to honor your people. When a true leader's work is done and his aims fulfilled, they should say and believe 'We did this ourselves.'" - US Army General George S. Patton Jr. [1885-1945]
    • DxC wrote:

Hey Freiheit. Sorry for my flippant responses. I was drunk and stoned to the bone.
      I just died lol
      I will agree with 2 points about gold, and then leave it at that.
      1) using gold to speed up anything
      2) using gold to heal
      I agree there. Using gold because you are out of certain resources I can live with and thats part of most online games.
      You cannot blame mods for how the game is designed, that is nonsense.
      I do not know many games that is not P2W .. find me some, but I doubt you can.
      Man even the little game fishdom on your cell you end up putting cash into it. lol even if its 5$ or whatever.

Just saying.
      Why don;t you just see golders as some sort of another challenge then? Go with it?
      I have not come across extreme golding but only once out of about 25 games played. a most decent stat
    • DxC wrote:

I just see golders as keeping the game alive. Usually, they are not that active and pretty easy to beat anyway. If they are not, good for them. Hats off to you my golden dude.
      Haha that was funny.
      But the part about them being not that active is the most realistic scenario. I really haven't encountered bad people. A few weirdos or frustrated guys, but not because of golders. lol
      And the one whale I did encounter was on a WaW map, and I held out so long vs him that he mailed me and told me I cost him a good amount of gold.
      So, in my book, thats a win. If other players had done the same he likely would have been taken by all. lol
    • I used gold for buying the top tiers of units.

I use gold when people are being unpolitical, suspect twin accounts or commit themselves to lying/deceit in the game in order to win. If I want to be sure to win certain battles to punish such misleading/false behavior I feel it is justified in all senses, Malicious play should never be rewarded with victory.

Real strategists I leave alone.

But you can easily discern the malicious players. Some examples: wanting supply drops at no cost, do as if they are dumb and do not understand why "they attacked", hesitate and are in general very unclear on political goals in game, keep thinking for "days" about joining a coalition and scout around your territory, do not tell their relationships with others while they clearly gave ROW to an enemy (I am not stupid if I see a unit land and no war is started) and they still mention that they want to join the coalition but cant because of a "unknown cooldown time", game statistics and identity also indicate the type of player.

So if I encounter such people I will not hesitate to drop a couple of cards (if needed) gained by watching commercials on the mobile. IRL it is already to easy to get away with mailicious behavior. In this game I have means to stop it ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gen. Smit ().

• Gen. Smit wrote:

I used gold for buying the top tiers of units.

I use gold when people are being unpolitical, suspect twin accounts or commit themselves to lying/deceit in the game in order to win. If I want to be sure to win certain battles to punish such misleading/false behavior I feel it is justified in all senses, Malicious play should never be rewarded with victory.

But you can easily discern the malicious players. Some examples: wanting supply drops at no cost, do as if they are dumb and do not understand why "they attacked", hesitate and are in general very unclear on political goals in game, keep thinking for "days" about joining a coalition and scout around your territory, do not tell their relationships with others while they clearly gave ROW to an enemy (I am not stupid if I see a unit land and no war is started) and they still mention that they want to join the coalition but cant because of a "unknown cooldown time", game statistics and identity also indicate the type of player.

So if I encounter such people I will not hesitate to drop a couple of cards (if needed) gained by watching commercials on the mobile. IRL it is already to easy to get away with mailicious behavior. In this game I have means to stop it ^^
      lying is just politics, you have to lie to win, anything to win.
    • General Prysky wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Sure, thus in that case use of gold/cards is perfectly allowable, its just "external funding", a backyard war.

Sorry, winning can be done in coalitions perfectly backstabbing for "solo" wins is just so mailicious and with premeditation, twin accounts the same way, in that case I find it also allowable to use an "external power" to back me against treason. People who cant hold their word deserve to be beaten in such a way, rightfully.
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

General Prysky wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Sure, thus in that case use of gold/cards is perfectly allowable, its just "external funding", a backyard war.
      Sorry, winning can be done in coalitions perfectly backstabbing for "solo" wins is just so mailicious and with premeditation, twin accounts the same way, in that case I find it also allowable to use an "external power" to back me against treason. People who cant hold their word deserve to be beaten in such a way, rightfully.
      Imo backstabbing collations is perfectly reasonable same as having a friend gain share map with another player and feed info.

Also how do people use "twin accounts"
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

General Prysky wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Deception as a strategy in war is as old as war itself. I realize this is just a game, but don't see why this shouldn't be similar. Plus there is the old maxim about truth being the first casualty of war.

However there is a fine line. I am firmly against backstabbing. For me the line is if I'm attempting to gain their trust. I've had many players reach out to me in game offering to partner with me. My standard answer is usually either I'm still assessing the map, or let me check with my partners and get back to them. Even if I already have the five allowed by the map. I can be moving troops into position to attack them, but I've never promised them anything.

I've had players offer map share, with no dialogue at all. Sometimes I accept, change my relationship with them back to peace, makes notes of their troops and commence an attack. Again, I never promised them anything. Plus players really shouldn't send those things completely unsolicited. If I don't teach them the hard way, someone else will.

Again, the line for me is if I'm attempting to gain their trust.
    • Old proverb stats...

"All warfare is based on deception"

If you don't understand that concept, you will not fare very well in games which have rules (and exceptions) woven into their very fabric, while you are oblivious to them. You will be playing while bound to a set of limiting rules, no one else is abiding to!

Play by the same rules as everyone else and you will be on the same playing field. Otherwise you're the Indy 500, or F1 driver stopping for imaginary stop signs!

I've found a group of guys who play by my rules and we are having some good games together. Namely:

1. Alliance
      2. Coalition
      3. If you go AI, I kill you.
      4. Kill'em All

There are groups/alliances who do not operate by these rules, it works for them and their standards are different. We don't really play with them.

Figure out how you want to play, and be known. Find the group(s) who are like minded and enjoy.

So long as everyone is keeping to the TOS agreement accepted when we all joined... the variety makes for interesting games.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • Celeste wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

General Prysky wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Sure, thus in that case use of gold/cards is perfectly allowable, its just "external funding", a backyard war.Sorry, winning can be done in coalitions perfectly backstabbing for "solo" wins is just so mailicious and with premeditation, twin accounts the same way, in that case I find it also allowable to use an "external power" to back me against treason. People who cant hold their word deserve to be beaten in such a way, rightfully.
      Imo backstabbing collations is perfectly reasonable same as having a friend gain share map with another player and feed info.
      Also how do people use "twin accounts"
      agreed. imo, everyone have their own strat to win, some invlove backstabbing. but we can all agree that gold isnt a morally way to win if u get what im saying
    • Backstabbingin a coalition is the stupidest strategy and only serves to get a solo win, which is a slower win and a win more difficult to get away with, because this may easily turn against you,

Now deception is one thing, contracts are another, in the real world also comntracts/agreements do their jobs.

Ok if you wnat to use deceit, but then GOLD/CARDS are the perfect means for leveling the odds if it is really a treacherous issue that is difficult to beat. It is nothing different then Ukraine getting support from the west, and it is al legit. There might be much funding we even dont know about, and yes IMHO traitors and deceivers deserve a humiliting demise upon their try to reach goals with less then honorous tactics ^^.

As I said, I will only do this if I am not sure that I can withstand someone because they used the agreement to their advantage which made it impossible to see the reaction.

On multi accounters, if people really dont get how that works.
      -you can have more core cities than any other player in the game and operate multiple (complementary) troops.
      -research can be minimised in that way
      -for solo wins one or two nations may be canabalized in the end. While politically they may dominate smaller maps with less active players, have knowledge they would normally not have (you cannot always know what is being said to 1-2 other p[layers in the game. This really offsets the balance, if you dont get the grasp of that. Sure, gold can do that too, but golden boys using it all the time are easily rocognisable, in general I dont have to resort to such means, and I will not if no deceit is in game. One can see easily in the paper and from other tell tale signes whether casualties are in line with KD values, if morale does not rise extraordinarily fast etc. Amount of units using spying (this will be after turn 10 thjough in most cases (for me)
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Backstabbingin a coalition is the stupidest strategy and only serves to get a solo win, which is a slower win and a win more difficult to get away with, because this may easily turn against you,
      I'm not so sure. I'm currently playing as Japan. Korea and Manchukuo were both in my coalition and both demonstrated incompetence and cowardice, so as leader I backstabbed them. Players who did well — Mongolia, New Guinea — were not backstabbed. If a player's weighing it down, treachery is both expedient and justified.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks