WE NEED CHANGE TO SAVE CALL OF WAR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WE NEED CHANGE TO SAVE CALL OF WAR

Me and large amounts of other players have noticed something disturbing... The number of trolls joining the game has skyrocketed, whereas actual players interested in the game are decreasing to a trickle. Another thing we noticed is many old-time players and mods are outright LEAVING the game! We need change, and now! The sad reality is the game is dying! Here is what I propose:

1. Raise the price of gold to lessen gold-users, bytro would still profit from gold, and players would be less likely to leave the game after joining if golding was turned down a notch. [bytro also makes money from ads, so they can survive raising the price of gold.]

2. Limit gold-using on servers new players join for the tutorial [American Homefront and Clash of Nations].

3. Stop trolls in global chat by getting more mods, and lowering moderator requirements to do so.

4. Add more features and units to the game.

I believe these four simple steps will save Call of War from extinction. I am calling out for help on this, to save Call of War, the game we love.
      "Never fail to honor your people. When a true leader's work is done and his aims fulfilled, they should say and believe 'We did this ourselves.'" - US Army General George S. Patton Jr. [1885-1945]
    • I'm Spanish and I came to the English CoW community because Hispanic CoW games are totally DEAD.
      No one rolls, every one golds.
      And English servers are becoming even worse than spanish ones.
      Guys you are supposed to be the elite, not just normal players.
      I mean, Gibraltar es español and so but you should be much better than us.

Or u change, or WE ALL change...
      Or the end is near.
    • There are to many penalties for having an army. for conquering. to long and costly to build units.
      the maintaining of units as well.
      I also would recommend to reduce the manpower for units and goods. the two items we always out of.
      have 2 production amounts for buildings and units.
      have buildings actually do more, specialize them.
      I have a ton of suggestions that could make the game more busy, thus more engaging.
    • Average_Luz wrote:

so your asking to lower profits for bytro, pfft.
      Good Luck!
      Well, they'd loose money by the game dying, and get NO profits.
      "Never fail to honor your people. When a true leader's work is done and his aims fulfilled, they should say and believe 'We did this ourselves.'" - US Army General George S. Patton Jr. [1885-1945]
    • Soooo....

• Gold-User/Pay-User or generally the discussion about paying real money are so old and common, that it makes no sense to begin a 'new' discussion about it every now and then.
      • Bytro also has other games, so even IF Call of War would die, they would still make enough money to get along anyways.
      • The Gold price is high enough already.
      • One player can finance the game for several hundred players, so be greatful to have them.

---- over and out.... ----
      Winterfliege

:thumbup:
    • Winterfliege wrote:

Soooo....

• Gold-User/Pay-User or generally the discussion about paying real money are so old and common, that it makes no sense to begin a 'new' discussion about it every now and then.
      • Bytro also has other games, so even IF Call of War would die, they would still make enough money to get along anyways.
      • The Gold price is high enough already.
      • One player can finance the game for several hundred players, so be greatful to have them.

---- over and out.... ----
      I agree with your reflection on this. You are welcome. haha

Its normal for non golding players to get annoyed or angry at golders. Thats a common theme in all online games. As you stated.
      And my policy on that has been to be as respectful and fair to non golders as possible. The more players the more fun.
      Maybe I am the exception and not the rule. Cool on me then lol.

I also gold to experiment. I guess my best suggestion to non golders is find a cool golder as an ally lol :)

hint hint. And omg just have fun.
    • General Freiheit wrote:

Bytro is constantly working on new stuff... people always ask for more and want it fast.... even... directly after asking, they want to have it implemented... And then, if it gets implemented everyone screams "EEhh.. Buugs here, bugs there"... Yes, of course it's cool to have some new functions and units from time to time, but if the game has like 50 bugs already, they can't just ignore it and put 10 new units in the game. That's not how it works.

General Freiheit wrote:

3. Stop trolls in global chat by getting more mods, and lowering moderator requirements to do so.
      In my opinion the requirements for becoming a mod are quite low already. Lower them more and you got the same trolls, you want to get rid off, in the oderation... would that be better? No, I don't think so.
      I mean... which requirement would you remove? Or how much higher would you make the gold price?

And a quick reminder for everyone, since this seems to get out of control soon, Gold-Bashing is prohibited!

If this gets more tense, then this Thread will be closed!

Thanks for listening.. -
      Winterfliege

• I do not find this thread intense. we all seem to be having a good convo. thats cool. I do not feel attacked at all.

I agree with changes dont happen in 2 seconds. " "EEhh.. Buugs here, bugs there"... Yes, of course it's cool to have some new functions and units from time to time, but if the game has like 50 bugs already, they can't just ignore it and put 10 new units in the game. That's not how it works."
      absolutely agree with that statement.

As for mods, I would love to volunteer but I run a business so my time would be limited. I am sure it is not easy to find mods, lets be honest.
    • Ah yeah, before I forget it again...

What I meant about the tension is, that it was discussed many times in the past, every time with the same answer and in many many threads it got really bad.. worst than a battlefield even.... And it's just for the Gold part of it, the rest is totally fine, but also in multiple threads already.
      Winterfliege

• Winterfliege wrote:

General Freiheit wrote:

Bytro is constantly working on new stuff... people always ask for more and want it fast.... even... directly after asking, they want to have it implemented... And then, if it gets implemented everyone screams "EEhh.. Buugs here, bugs there"... Yes, of course it's cool to have some new functions and units from time to time, but if the game has like 50 bugs already, they can't just ignore it and put 10 new units in the game. That's not how it works.

General Freiheit wrote:

In my opinion the requirements for becoming a mod are quite low already. Lower them more and you got the same trolls, you want to get rid off, in the oderation... would that be better? No, I don't think so.I mean... which requirement would you remove? Or how much higher would you make the gold price?

And a quick reminder for everyone, since this seems to get out of control soon, Gold-Bashing is prohibited!

If this gets more tense, then this Thread will be closed!

Thanks for listening.. -

I'm not gold bashing, I'm just saying limit it. Most of the other bytro games are dying out too. I've been on S1914 and Conflict of Nations WWIII. Barely anyone chats in either.

Addressing the Requirement: If you up the number of mods by dropping the age down to something like 16 years old and drop discord requirement, you'd have more mods. More mods = less trolls. Maybe add the requirement mods have to be active? Make more sense.
    • Winterfliege wrote:

WOW. Just WOW. And you're a moderator in Call of War?! You basically just told all call of war players to go screw themselves. Thanks a lot man, appreciate it. :thumbsup: