Real time games, much faster, to play in single sitting like 3-12 hours limited

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Okay, It seems I messed everything up when I said an hour goes by in like, 10 minutes. An hour will still take a while, but you could go say, send a unit from London to Dublin, go afk for about thirty minutes, come back and that unit be half way there. 4x speed is really, really fast, you could probably research a light tank in just under a couple hours. In all reality there has to be more speed games for the players that want to play a CoW game in just one sitting (maybe the Premium people can make them if they want to) that would be generated with all the other maps. Idk, That is just my two cents on this 'issue'.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • I would like to play whole map in one day. Starting in the morning, ending at midnight. I would play it on weekends.

Fast, exciting and without messing my life upside down cause I need to check the game as often as possible when fighting big wars and without risk of loosing just cause my opponent was active when I was away from computer (sleeping probably).

You get it now?

4x does NOT solve any of those expectations
    • WiseOdin wrote:

ThanosC wrote:

There could be a map, in a faster climax, where every turn will last for 10minutes, building and production would be faster , etc...
      They could start as Weekend maps
      The game is not turn based..
      Are you talking every hour takes 10 minutes? Because current speed maps are normally 4X speed; an hour is passed by in 15 minutes.

Are you asking for a day to take ten minutes? That is honestly going to lead to a lot of problems player-side, in keeping things under control. 1440 minutes in a day, you would effectively be at 144 times faster pace. A new industrial complex would only take 20 minutes. The map would be over in about two hours. It sounds awesome on the outside, would be a hell of a match to get through.

Or, do you mean "turn" as in a round? Because if the map was over in ten minutes, it might not even have enough players to be ranked, by the time it is over.
      Yep. Thats what i m talking about. It could be a super speed Antarctica event, which would take place every weekend so it would be possible to ended within 32-48hrs. Maybe 48 times faster it would be enough, for a good start, so the developers and management would see how it works ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThanosC ().

• 48 times speed would have a day change every half hour. At that point, you're playing.. One of the many games, which are based off of the original Axis and Allies or first two Warcraft games.

You would be able to travel from Europe to US in an hour.
      Free Time looks good on me
    • ... just for You.

Ideas do not have to come into everyone's preferences. It's enough if some part of players like the idea, so then they would use it, play more probably and it would attract new players, for who, games are too slow or they just like the action, doing, fast pace, fast win or lose. I see potential in this. Bytro will decide, it's their business to make the game working properly and being attractive