Real time games, much faster, to play in single sitting like 3-12 hours limited

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Real time games, much faster, to play in single sitting like 3-12 hours limited

What about playing all as it is but much faster? So the game would not last for X days but for X hours, to be played maximum for 12 hours. So let say 50 game days/turns would last 3 - 12 hours, which would make 7 - 30 minutes per game day.

Wouldn't it be cool?? 8o So intensive, perfect to play during day, druing weekend, during free time, and without problem that somebody attacked us when we were at job/school/party/sex/whatever ;)

The better even idea would be for turns to be progresive in time, meaning shorter on beginning and longer later, for games where You start from nothing. After time You get more of troops, territories and issues to solve.
      For game maps like Blitzkrieg it wouldn't be needed.

Game would have to end after x turns and player with most points wins. If there is a draw, then with most money for example, as a second criteria.

Intensive! Fast! Emotions! Action! Adrenaline! Fun! :D and no problems caused of absence in the game! :) So it won't ruin Your life if You play 24/7 ;)

Put a lot of likes and promote this idea, so maybe Bytro Labs will start such thing!! :D It would be cool, dynamic, intensive! :)
    • 10x Speed would be insane, 4x speed is enough, an hour goes by in half time. 10x Speed would be like, 10 minutes and Light Tanks is already done, not saying thats a bad thing, but think about it, the round would be over in a few days.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW: swearing ().

• Yes indeed, over a weekend Europe map could be finished :)

Those who work/study/travel, could start and finish the game without much of problem for being absent, during one weekend

It would make possible to play Call of War, more like a Real-Time-Strategy, than a long tour game, as it is with speed 1x. More new possibilieties, and it would engage players for who slow pace of game is too boring cause they want more of fast action
    • I vote for 60x speed. Everything that takes an hour will instead take a minute.

30 days worth of game would be playable in 12 hours.

Yes, that might be insane. . .
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

10x Speed would be insane, 4x speed is enough, an hour goes by in half time. 10x Speed would be like, 10 minutes and Light Tanks is already done, not saying thats a bad thing, but think about it, the round would be over in a few days.
      Wouldn't 4X speed mean an hour goes by in a quarter of the time? 15m would count as an hour?

VorlonFCW wrote:

I vote for 60x speed. Everything that takes an hour will instead take a minute.

30 days worth of game would be playable in 12 hours.

Yes, that might be insane. . .
      That would actually be pretty intense. playing a match would be like running a marathon, you have to be all in.
      "Mom, bring me some cheesy poofs! And a bed pan!"
      Free Time looks good on me
    • Personally I would join much more games. I would add games more often if they would last shorter.

Main reason I don't is knowing that new games will last like a month or so, and I don't want to be involved for such a long time. If it was a week or weekend I would play and join more often.

The game is often too long, too slow, and too boring, that's why I play now in few of them.

I think of quitting playing, cause it's slow.
      If I could choose faster maps to finish during 3-5 days, I would join them, instead of those lasting a month.
    • I doubt we will ever see this happening. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, games like Hearts of Iron IV and Europa Universalis IV, which aren't in real-time, already offer this idea of ultra-fast games which can finish in hours. I believe Bytro did these games in real-time to distance themselves from these brands. If they were very similar, they would be in direct competition with Paradox, which is a company with much more resources. Secondly, Bytro gets money when people buy goldmarks. What do people use goldmarks for? Speeding up productions. If something only takes 20 minutes to produce, people are much less likely to spend gold, resulting in less revenue for Bytro.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • I strongly disagree. The appeal of CoW is precisely its slow pace that allows you to log in once or twice a day and play, instead of having to stay on your computer during the entire game. It’s a game that lets you do other activities on the side, which I for instance as a student really appreciate.

If you want faster paced games you’ll be very content with the wide selection of fast-paced strategy games out there.
    • Well, Just a suggestion, there are lots of games in CoN that are x4 Speeds, if you wanted to see how fast that game is, go check one out there. I would agree that CoW is slow, but you should go check out how fast the game is when it is at x4 Speed.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

Well, Just a suggestion, there are lots of games in CoN that are x4 Speeds, if you wanted to see how fast that game is, go check one out there. I would agree that CoW is slow, but you should go check out how fast the game is when it is at x4 Speed.
      Call of War also has speed maps. I think the OP is talking about a much, MUCH faster speed map. An hour tick every minute, type pace.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

I doubt we will ever see this happening. There are two reasons for this. Firstly, games like Hearts of Iron IV and Europa Universalis IV, which aren't in real-time, already offer this idea of ultra-fast games which can finish in hours. I believe Bytro did these games in real-time to distance themselves from these brands. If they were very similar, they would be in direct competition with Paradox, which is a company with much more resources.
      It would make it similar but that's the advantage!

Then CoW could serve a) those who like slow games and b) those who like fast games, which means more of possible gamers, more of possible income then. Games which You mentioned are paid to play online on Steam, so CoW as cheaper option could go well in this competition, stealing many of fans of those games.

Such games have much more of fans, so it's a huge market to compete on. And to go there won't make to lose slow-pace-players, just a chance to gain fast-pace-players

There are games like Warzone.com, which is turn-game, which offer both, real time games and multi-day games, whoever prefer, chooses to join one or another

Secondly, Bytro gets money when people buy goldmarks. What do people use goldmarks for? Speeding up productions. If something only takes 20 minutes to produce, people are much less likely to spend gold, resulting in less revenue for Bytro.
      Such games might be paid in gold to join as well, so then the income is guaranteed, not just possible to gain.

Somebody said that faster games would need more of server usage. Then count this servers cost into cost of joining such games.

It was good idea to experiment in such games as weekend ones :) Or Saturday games, starting in the morning and ending at midnight.
    • ThanosC wrote:

There could be a map, in a faster climax, where every turn will last for 10minutes, building and production would be faster , etc...
      They could start as Weekend maps
      The game is not turn based..

Are you talking every hour takes 10 minutes? Because current speed maps are normally 4X speed; an hour is passed by in 15 minutes.

Are you asking for a day to take ten minutes? That is honestly going to lead to a lot of problems player-side, in keeping things under control. 1440 minutes in a day, you would effectively be at 144 times faster pace. A new industrial complex would only take 20 minutes. The map would be over in about two hours. It sounds awesome on the outside, would be a hell of a match to get through.

Or, do you mean "turn" as in a round? Because if the map was over in ten minutes, it might not even have enough players to be ranked, by the time it is over.