Adding Extra Words to Countrys Names

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lord Crayfish wrote:

Carking the 6th wrote:

How exactly do you make a robust system?
      Proposal:E.g. Volga Nzhny
      [prefix] [name] [suffix?]
      {Republic, Empire &c.}...............Volga Nzhny
      {Ideology; Nationalist &c.}...........Volga Nzhny
      {Cardinal Direction; Southern &c.}.Volga Nzhny
      {Modifier; Outer, British &c.}........Volga Nzhny

Have tree of available names formable through capturing other countries in a region. It is already possible to sort by region.
      e.g. Volga Nzhny was historically part of the Soviet Union ts. 1932/4-1960 representing the maximum extents of intended gameplay

So e.g.
      Volga Nzhny -> Soviet Union
      or Queensland -> Australia
      or British Odisha -> India
      New England -> USA/United States

This is purely theoretical and I don't really want to see it implemented. At best, have "droppable" modifiers North, South &c. and formable large countries of USA, Soviet Union, India, etc.
      Countries already have canonical ideological names, esp. Nationalist & Communist China.
      In Historic World War I see little purpose
      Well this system is quite fine, but I thought again and don't want this to occur. Btw ideological names like Nationalist and Communist matters a lot, since China was controlled by the Kuomintang (the Nationalists under Chiang Kai-shek) who lost the Chinese Civil War to the Communists under Mao Zedong.
      "Towards the submarine men, one felt an utter disgust and loathing; they were nothing but an abomination, polluting the clean sea."
    • Nobodyx2 wrote:

Well this system is quite fine, but I thought again and don't want this to occur.
      Thank you, but I agree, I do not want this happening. Bit pointless IMO, and said so.

Nobodyx2 wrote:

Btw ideological names like Nationalist and Communist matters a lot, since China was controlled by the Kuomintang (the Nationalists under Chiang Kai-shek) who lost the Chinese Civil War to the Communists under Mao Zedong.
      Exactly the example I was thinking of, I hope I know a fair bit already.
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh