Upgrade Cost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Upgrade Cost

From the wiki: The total resource costs and upgrade time are determined by the target level to which the units will be upgraded. Upgrading costs 50% of the production cost and takes 50% of the production time of the target level."

So does that mean if you upgrade from level 1 to level 3 the cost is 50% of building a level 3, or does that mean the cost is (50% to level 2 + 50% to level 3)?
    • DxC wrote:

From the wiki: The total resource costs and upgrade time are determined by the target level to which the units will be upgraded. Upgrading costs 50% of the production cost and takes 50% of the production time of the target level."

So does that mean if you upgrade from level 1 to level 3 the cost is 50% of building a level 3, or does that mean the cost is (50% to level 2 + 50% to level 3)?
      Later answer but: You pay 50% of level 3 only in this example, you skip level 2.
    • I have thought this was the case but wasn't sure, so if I build a bunch of lvl 1 troops and then do the research to get up to say a lvl 6, the troop upgrade will be half the time and cost of the lv 6 troop (not accumulative of all the bypassed levels). Seems if that's the case there is and advantage of mass building before research.
    • Yeah, there absolutely is, and I personally use that feature very often. It is especially effective for units you don't need much at the start of the game, but are more useful later in the game. Research level one, and build a bunch of units (up to 10 or 15) of them; they're only L1 so they DO cost quite a lot of resources but not much production facility time. Keep those units in a safe spot at home. Then when you want to do this upgrade, start a series of consecutive researches of the next levels, at least to L3, sometimes up to L4 or just ONCE to L5 myself. Then upgrade the units, and suddenly you have a killer army of advanced units, which seems to appear out of nowhere to your enemy (prepare to receive gold accusations).

In my experience, units particularly suited for this strategy are interceptors, naval bombers, AA and AT guns, and submarines.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

DxC wrote:

Later answer but: You pay 50% of level 3 only in this example, you skip level 2.
      depends when you order the upgrade, if you start upgrade before lvl3 is finished to research you will pay lvl2 cost, and in that case if you finish upgrade after lvl 3 research has finished they will upgrdae to lvl 3 at the cost of lvl 2, smaal economic gains, but in any case more efficient. but you need enormous of saving resources and especially manpower, since that cannot be bought on the market.