Gold Spamming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have said this so many times, blaming gold for you losing is stupid.

Simply get better and develop a good plan to counter these spammers, or stop complaining.

We get a thread about gold atleast once a week...
    "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
  • so youre quitting because about once every ten games (in fact, for me, never) you encounter a noob who decides the best way to win is to pay a lot of money and defeat people through overwhelming them, instead of playing the game as it's ment to be played, as in having fun, and using his brain to think about the situation. you are a very good sport, my friend, a very good one. this games fun even when you lose
  • i have won a good deal of CoW, S1914, and thirtyK games and never spent any gold... this game is a pay to help you win, not a pay to win. and if there was no gold, how would bytro labs stay up and running? those dinky little ads at the side of the page can't possibly bring in enough money to keep bytro lab's games up, running, and updated. would you prefer this game was a pay to play?
  • eruth wrote:

i have won a good deal of CoW, S1914, and thirtyK games and never spent any gold... this game is a pay to help you win, not a pay to win. and if there was no gold, how would bytro labs stay up and running? those dinky little ads at the side of the page can't possibly bring in enough money to keep bytro lab's games up, running, and updated. would you prefer this game was a pay to play?
    Yes, when I witness people spending $25-$50 on gold for a single map then I would much rather prefer a monthly fixed cost that would create a level playing field. I am fairly good at this game but will never beat a guy that maxes out his credit card to win...a free internet game that is desinged to showcase strategy/skill and not large wallets.

I would pay for HC (or something similar in the $5-$10 per month range) if I knew that in every game, there was a limit to gold spamming. When you play a strategic game like chess, the other player isn't allowed to repurchase units that you have removed from the game. Hopefully you can finally understand this very clear and simple point.
  • Here's a hint, $20-30 in gold, all spent at once, will get you roughly 30-45 units, depending on how many resources you had before you started spending.

That is not game-breaking. In fact, it's actually quite easily defeatable. It's not that much. I don't think you understand how little in-game value even 20-30$ actually has.

The people you're talking about that spam gold? They're a serious rarity, and you're looking at them spending THOUSANDS of dollars to do what they do on the world maps. They appear in every game across the internet with a paying feature. It's no different here. Most suck at what they do, and don't take the time to learn how to use what they have. As a result, with good strategy, you CAN beat them. The smart ones, who have the skills as well? Just prove you're the bigger person by enjoying your game as best you can, doing what damage to them you can, causing them to fill Bytro's pockets even more, and then walk away with a satisfied smile knowing that you've just made some guy who happens to be financially much better off than you, a little less rich.

Gold isn't a problem. People refusing to acknowledge that they're going to come across people who spend lots of money on internet games, that it's NOT unique to Bytro or CoW, and that it doesn't have to be the end of the world or some great disaster is the real problem.
  • i understand your problem, I have always understood it. i'm just saying, i have never met someone who spams gold like that, if i have its been such a little problem that I haven't noticed, i'm jsut saying bytro makes a lot more money, and so, is more likely to continue making great content, than if they got rid of gold/made this a pay to play game. which would suck
  • i was shocked to see somebody post and admit they spent $450 on gold playing this game. Huh? i'm sure Bytro loves that, but my time is valuable too. Maybe i can beat somebody who can afford to buy 1,000,000 gold but since i am also PAYING to play (HC) shouldn't i have the right to want to play on a somewhat even playing field?

Don't non-gold spammers have any rights or get any consideration from playing? We invest our time looking for fair competition and fun.

i can't imagine why any serious players would defend gold-spammers unless they are also gold-spammers.
  • You should meet a guy I had a game with recently. I watched him spend thousands on a single map.
    I've spent a few hundred dollars over the course of a couple months. Really going to sit there and imply I'm taking away your rights or taking away consideration, or imply your time is more deserving than my own?

Gold spammers. Think about that. You're talking about people who actually spam buy gold. Not people who purchase gold once or twice a week at 20-30$. Seriously, wtf is the harm in someone doing that? Why would you sit there and make them out to be crappy people and crappy human beings just for putting a little money into a little entertainment, all because you have to luxury of choosing not to pay? I choose to pay. Why exactly should that make me beneath you, less than you, less valuable than you? Hmm? Please, try and explain that without some misguided frustration because you may have at some point been beaten by someone who's spend hundreds or thousands of dollars in a single game, or sitting, and are as a result transferring that frustration of losing onto someone you've never played against.
    Because at the end of the day, that's what you're all doing. You're taking your frustrations out at having lost to x, y, z, player(s) out on EVERYONE ELSE who spends even a little bit. And then you're acting like doing this makes you better than them.

Maybe when you process that, you'll understand why I defend my own spending, and why I encourage people to realize that spending isn't the issue. It's peoples attitude towards it that is.
  • Oh this is directed at me? No i wasn't directing anything at you Azazel. The 450 figure i saw in a post somewhere a week or two ago. i don't even remember who posted it.

Also, i have not lost a game yet. i've been winning all the games i joined but some did take longer because it was annoyingly difficult finishing some people off who were producing units at a rate that was far above normal. It was pointless time to me that i did not want to invest.

And again, i pay to play and so therefore i feel i have the right to play under the conditions i want to play and that means against good players that can teach me how to play well rather than handicap games against poor players.

It's my right and my choice.