Protective trades

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Protective trades

I would like some developer to change it so that the creator of the offer in the Stock Market is displayed.
      In other words, I would like developers to implement protective trades for their own country alone or between Entente, instead of Trade Embargo for the target country.
    • That's right.
      However, I think that the term " coalition " is historically overly nuanced as a military alliance, so " Entente " ( in Japanese, it is called " 協商 "...) might be appropriate though...
      Also in fact, I think it will make the game interesting that complex relationships such as "we have an economic alliance but are excluded from a military alliance" as a secondary purpose.
      In order to continue to benefit economically from that country, it must consequently protect that country from military threats, but it has no authority to actively intervene.
      So I think that conflicts will add depth to the game such as " Do they have to have build their own defenses, or...? "

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().

• I think there's no need for this. If you want to trade in private, just make direct deals in the messages system.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I think there's no need for this. If you want to trade in private, just make direct deals in the messages system.
      I would appreciate it if you could read my article a little more carefully.
      Do I suggested this opinion because I " want to trade in private " really?

A declarative exaggeration of the intentions of a country enforcing protectionism would be, "Our country doesn't want that country to enter the market."
      I think it is a misapprehension that our country " want to trade in private " with that country.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pod_than ().

• I would personally like to have a coalition-only trade option.
      These trades would typically be 1:1 regardless of market prices.
      It's a way to balance out resource production, and help each other out in times of need.

Yes, it's possible to do the same thing through private messages, but it's less convenient.
      Players first have to discuss what they need, and then decide who's sending the trade to whom.

One interesting detail about message-based trades is that there is no tax.
      I would like the same to apply to coalition trades.
    • Yeah a private trade just sent to all members of the coalition in the coalition tab would be nice. Won't have to message everyone, wait for confirmation, then send the trade, message everyone else again that X has already provided and turn down everyone else's offers. It'd streamline coalition resource management.

Also, given how useful private trades are, I wouldn't mind if the put a 10% tax on it.
    • Z. Sakki wrote:

Yeah a private trade just sent to all members of the coalition in the coalition tab would be nice. Won't have to message everyone, wait for confirmation, then send the trade, message everyone else again that X has already provided and turn down everyone else's offers. It'd streamline coalition resource management.

Also, given how useful private trades are, I wouldn't mind if the put a 10% tax on it.

Hush!

Why do you want to ruin a good thing?

There should be NO tax for ANY trades!
    • Don't you think it's a bit boring that you can just ship 200,000 tons of resources with no expenses at all? Having a buddy is already a big benefit, a zero fee resource transport between both your countries is a little overkill. A small charge on private trade arrangements wouldn't be the end of the world.
    • pod_than wrote:

I would like some developer to change it so that the creator of the offer in the Stock Market is displayed.
      In other words, I would like developers to implement protective trades for their own country alone or between Entente, instead of Trade Embargo for the target country.
      To what end. I read your follow up and still... I don't see anything that is not currently available in the game mechanics right now.

You want to trade with specific players, you can do so without any Tax, and if you want to put your trades out for the entire game to see... you do it on the market for a 10% tax.

The Market Tax has been debated vigorously in several threads in the past.

How much work do you expect to ask the Dev team to do, to implement a functionality that already exists in the game? What would be the point?

This suggestion would add nothing to the game play. And it's dev time that can be better spent on other more pressing issues and upgrades that would actually add content and different functions currently not available at all in game.

i just don't see how this would improve the game in any meaningful way.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

pod_than wrote:

To what end. I read your follow up and still... I don't see anything that is not currently available in the game mechanics right now.
      You want to trade with specific players, you can do so without any Tax, and if you want to put your trades out for the entire game to see... you do it on the market for a 10% tax.

The Market Tax has been debated vigorously in several threads in the past.

How much work do you expect to ask the Dev team to do, to implement a functionality that already exists in the game? What would be the point?

This suggestion would add nothing to the game play. And it's dev time that can be better spent on other more pressing issues and upgrades that would actually add content and different functions currently not available at all in game.

i just don't see how this would improve the game in any meaningful way.
      You may be right in pointing out my proposal that is not cost-effective.
      I will never deny that in the future also.
      However, I might not agree with that " don't see anything that is not currently available in the game mechanics ".
      Is there a way to identify economic rivals in the current system?
      In other words, if your own country is an agricultural powerhouse, is there a way to find out " which countries " sell food cheaper than yours?

The post was edited 3 times, last by pod_than ().

• ETA$

Economy
      Technology
      Army
      $ - Kaching

Beginning on Day 2, the Newspaper publishes a list of the TOP players based on these categories. The list appears in the order above.

Day 2 - Economy
      Day 3 - Technology... and so on

So yes, every 4 days you get to see how your ETAS compares to the rest of the players on your map

As for market, just like a real stock market, Buyer/Seller don't know each other as everything is done through middlemen. You can look at the Market and see the "All Offers" tab, to see if any offers on the market are not available to you (seller or buyer has you set to Trade Embagro). This is where your allies can check and make those purchases for you if they are not set to Trade Embargo with those offering the trades.
    • Perhaps the subject in the newspaper what you mentioned might be "largest economics".
      But the newspaper post without distinguishing between rivals that could deplete the own country's major industries and valuable trading partners.
      So, it can be pointed out that this index is inappropriate for judging what kind of attitude should be shown to each country.
    • pod_than wrote:

But the newspaper post without distinguishing between rivals that could deplete the own country's major industries and valuable trading partners.
      So, it can be pointed out that this index is inappropriate for judging what kind of attitude should be shown to each country.
      I'm not sure what you mean by "distinguishing between rivals"

When I look at the Economic Report in the WH

I look at this and it tells me something very specific and easy to understand about what it going on in this game.

The same goes for each of the 4 ETA$ info (Intel) days. When I see someone has 20 times more cash on hand than I do, that tells me he's not building units, and taking his capitol before someone else does, would be a good idea.

Also I don't get what this thing is that "could deplete the own country's major industries and valuable trading partners"

Are you referring to the AI's ? Because only thing that affects those standings is Popularity with them. But since the more you fight, the lower you Popularity with AI's gets, and eventually they will all turn on you... long term the result is always the same.

Yet, not to forget about the forest because of the trees.... Your original post....

What purpose would it serve to Identify who is making trades on the Open Market, it doesn't occur in the real world, why should it here?
    • Many countries that is developed with the same industries as my own countries ( = rivals ) seems to buy only a small amount of my own products or not at all, right?

On the other hand, many countries that is developed with the another industries as my own countries ( = countries that can become " valuable trading partners " ) might buy a lot amount of my own products, right?

It might be another theme whether it should be realized by separating that table, but general economic power is a little rough.

The post was edited 3 times, last by pod_than ().