Declaration of war triggers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Declaration of war triggers

Ok here is my suggestion, I would like to have the option that upon trespassing by a non-coalition or ROW-partner of national soils that a war is invoked by the trespasser, in that way artillery and boats will start shelling before it is too late "upon suprise attack"of the centre of the province.

For me passing the border is enough trigger and in that way people will be a bit more careful, because more is at stake before you reach the centre. also one can then sleep better as the trigger will do its job better, there is no need to "wait for the disembarkment to be finished before noticing, It should be a trigger too, If I did not embargo en declare war myself I will suffer the consequences unrightfully of a worsened market economy and lesser standing with AI. Thus also starting disembarking should trigger war (logically) so that artillery can start pouding the enemy right away,

Who would wait with a response upon reaching the "center"of the province IRL, this seems an illogical mechanism for maintaining sovereignty.

Sea corridors are another issue, but I usually deal with that by announcement in papers and threatening parties via PM to say a fleet is on aggressive, but even that would induce a war from my side while they have been warned and want at all cost to scout your coasts, or send invading parties through a narrow obviously controlled by you..
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Sea corridors are another issue, but I usually deal with that by announcement in papers and threatening parties via PM to say a fleet is on aggressive, but even that would induce a war from my side while they have been warned and want at all cost to scout your coasts, or send invading parties through a narrow obviously controlled by you..
      Well considering current US "violations" (I won't dispute this here) of Chinese claims to the South China Sea, isn't any command of the sea enforced de facto by anybody who can project enough power?
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Ok here is my suggestion, I would like to have the option that upon trespassing by a non-coalition or ROW-partner of national soils that a war is invoked by the trespasser, in that way artillery and boats will start shelling before it is too late "upon suprise attack"of the centre of the province.

For me passing the border is enough trigger and in that way people will be a bit more careful, because more is at stake before you reach the centre. also one can then sleep better as the trigger will do its job better, there is no need to "wait for the disembarkment to be finished before noticing, It should be a trigger too, If I did not embargo en declare war myself I will suffer the consequences unrightfully of a worsened market economy and lesser standing with AI. Thus also starting disembarking should trigger war (logically) so that artillery can start pouding the enemy right away,

Who would wait with a response upon reaching the "center"of the province IRL, this seems an illogical mechanism for maintaining sovereignty.

By this logic, should we implement a setting where if you have the only troops in the centre of a province, you conquer it?
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. It is quite ridiculous that a "peaceful" army could just walk to the edge of the first town without a war declaration. Sovereign borders were like holy treasures at the time, and crossing them without permission was an automatic declaration of war by THAT side.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this completely. It is quite ridiculous that a "peaceful" army could just walk to the edge of the first town without a war declaration. Sovereign borders were like holy treasures at the time, and crossing them without permission was an automatic declaration of war by THAT side.
      I know even of small villages where the people are at "war" because one "misplaced" a born (particular perimenter marking stone) a few meters away. Years of silent warfare.