"Padding" against anti-air

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "Padding" against anti-air

I have a situation in which an atom bomb must be delivered to a province; the bomber transporting said bomb is based in Hawaii, and the target is on the American west coast. This is complicated by the fact that the target is out of range of most of my older aircraft, which will be operating from an aircraft carrier.
      The target is of considerable strategic significance, but is defended by 10 anti-aircraft guns in anticipation of such an attack. A possible way to circumvent this would be to "pad" the stack against attack by stacking large numbers of useless planes in the case of a strategic bomber, but with nuclear bombers this is not possible.

If I were to launch 19 or 20 obsolete planes from aircraft carriers based off the coast, fly them independently of the bomber to the target, and make them attack exactly simultaneously, would the anti-air guns mainly attack them and leave the bomber able to deliver its payload? Granted they will probably be destroyed in the fall-out, but they're expendable.

In short — when a number of units attack a defender, will the defender dish out its payment to each of them separately, or share it between them?
      Kneel before the might of Bangladesh
    • This will not work. For every direct attack, the planes deal their damage to the target AND the AA deals its damage back to the planes. So each individual plane attack takes the full AA defense.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Like @K.Rokossovski said each plane that attacks/patrols the AA place will recieve the full damage from the AA.

The best way to counter this is if you have a stack of several tac bombers nearby. Have them attack the city where the AA are. The bombers will take damage, but the AA will as well. Hopefully you can get the AA to be weak enough so that the nuke bomber won't get destroyed when it delivers the bomb.