Market fee question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Market fee question

When you place an order obviously you have to pay a fee nowadays to put your resources on the open market.

My question is, how come the fee isn’t returned if you take your goods off the market?

On multiple occasions I have spent tens of thousands of dollars putting thousands of resources on the market at the lowest price only to have AI come in 5 mins later with 100 resources at a 0.1 price difference and basically pushes my deal up the list. :wallbash
    • Another thread which basically says the fee should be paid on order execution, not on order entry. @freezy are there any issues on the roadmap which are planned to address this issue?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • And Optimist and a Pessimist walk into a bar. Pessimist starts complaining on how awful thing are and how terrible the situation is.... Says... "It can't get any worse"
      Optimist says.... "Oh yes it can"

-----

I'm just glad it stopped there. There could have been a fee for Player-to-Player direct trades as well.

We got off easy on this one gents. Take your victories wherever you find them.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Another thread which basically says the fee should be paid on order execution, not on order entry. @freezy are there any issues on the roadmap which are planned to address this issue?
      It was discussed internally but nothing on the roadmap right now to change it.

Initially not returning the fee was by design, to discourage players from temporarily dumping all their resources in the market at a 30.0 ratio in order to not lose any resources when provinces or capitals are conquered from them (exploit). Would need some other solution then.
    • freezy wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Another thread which basically says the fee should be paid on order execution, not on order entry. @freezy are there any issues on the roadmap which are planned to address this issue?
      Initially not returning the fee was by design, to discourage players from temporarily dumping all their resources in the market at a 30.0 ratio in order to not lose any resources when provinces or capitals are conquered from them (exploit). Would need some other solution then.
      I have to ask how common this was? In my experience, players being conquered dump their resources to other players. Usually an ally or some other player perceived to be a future enemy of the player conquering them.

I find you can pick up resources from new players this way fairly easily. If you're willing to spend the time coaching a newbie that is under attack, reach out to them offering map share and advice in exchange for resources before they quit. Sometimes it's more of a time commitment than it's worth, but it's paid off for me on several occasions.

The post was edited 2 times, last by 6thDragon ().

• freezy wrote:

Can't it just be set to have the resources on the market still be subject to being looted?

A fee on private trades could implemented to counter against the player-player trade method.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Z. Sakki ().