Stock exchange - trade fee

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This problem is being voiced by many other players, they may soon have to fix it, if not then its going to start a civil war within CoW.

Edit: by Civil War i mean Players VS Staff
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • I absolutely hated the tax when it was implemented. One of the reasons I left the game for a while.

I'd still rather trade for free... but realistically, there would have been an expense in moving the resources from Country A to country B. The Tax covers that.

I'm surprised there is not a smaller fee on Direct Player-to-Player trades.

I'll buy resources in game ONLY if my allies don't have them to spare.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • I think there is no one who argues that there shouldn't be a fee when the trade is actually executed.

The criticism is about paying a fee for just making an offer, without any guarantee that it will be executed.

If I recall correctly, the only reason to introduce this fee was to prevent people "saving" their resources while their cities were being conquered, but this cure is much worse than the sickness.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I'm very sorry, but I am really pleased with the exchange system in the title.
      Because this system gives room for having ironic consequences by repeating effort.
      Strictly speaking, economic activity is not an act of making a profit, but an act of "trying to make" a profit.
      If there is not the risk of missing aim, it might not help becoming just grinding this game.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

I think there is no one who argues that there shouldn't be a fee when the trade is actually executed.

The criticism is about paying a fee for just making an offer, without any guarantee that it will be executed.

If I recall correctly, the only reason to introduce this fee was to prevent people "saving" their resources while their cities were being conquered, but this cure is much worse than the sickness.
      Good point, and something I'd forgotten about. Before abolishing the up-front fee for market offers we may need a new solution to resource "saving"
    • There's an even easier solution in the current version of the game.

Start some expensive buildings. Wait to lose your capital. Cancel the construction. All unused resources are returned.

Hard to use if you're very, very rich.... but if's you're very, very rich, then you really shouldn't losing your capital.