Quitters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Crian Carpenter wrote:

There is no way a 10 player Map, like Blitzkrieg, is going tp have more than 3 active Players by Day 2.
      Why not make more of the Nations playable...? For sure, Canada and Finland, or any other participant in WWII.
      It is already an asymmetrical Map, so I don't see why not(?)
      Most experienced players play WaW, having more players won't make a real difference
    • Well it is a question of dropout percentage... lately it is an ever-increasing number, up to 30% of the players never move a single troop, and another 30% just do a few things on day #1 and then quit. When that happens in a 22p map, there are about nine players left and the game moves to the end phase straight away; in a 100p map there are still 40 players left and mid-game starts. The best thing that could happen is if dropout percentages dropped (npi), but I don't see any dot on the horizon that this problem is being addressed in any meaningful way. I would actuall prefer to play 22p maps because the end game phase of the 100p map is pretty intense, but these dropout numbers make it completely uninteresting.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Basically, the more new players the game attracts, the more inactives you get in some maps that function as tutorial maps for them (different regions use different tutorial maps btw, e.g. US players get the US map as tutorial, european players the 22p map). So for the game overall its actually not necessarily a bad sign, as it means the game is still interesting for people to try it out. It is a normal problem with free2play games, because a big majority just logs in to see if the game is for them, and quit if it is not. There is not much we can do about it. The solution for players is to play 100p maps, as those are not tutorial maps, the inactivity in there should be much less.

Still there are probably some solutions to make the inactivity problem less severe, and I hope that we find some time to work at this issue again at some point.
    • freezy wrote:

Basically, the more new players the game attracts, the more inactives you get in some maps that function as tutorial maps for them (different regions use different tutorial maps btw, e.g. US players get the US map as tutorial, european players the 22p map). So for the game overall its actually not necessarily a bad sign, as it means the game is still interesting for people to try it out. It is a normal problem with free2play games, because a big majority just logs in to see if the game is for them, and quit if it is not. There is not much we can do about it. The solution for players is to play 100p maps, as those are not tutorial maps, the inactivity in there should be much less.

Still there are probably some solutions to make the inactivity problem less severe, and I hope that we find some time to work at this issue again at some point.
      basically I think game can add something to system to solve it , ıf player completed a certain number game without being inactive , player will get gold award , or ıf you are inactive you cant join another new game next 1-2 day
    • Undaunted wrote:

freezy wrote:

Basically, the more new players the game attracts, the more inactives you get in some maps that function as tutorial maps for them (different regions use different tutorial maps btw, e.g. US players get the US map as tutorial, european players the 22p map). So for the game overall its actually not necessarily a bad sign, as it means the game is still interesting for people to try it out. It is a normal problem with free2play games, because a big majority just logs in to see if the game is for them, and quit if it is not. There is not much we can do about it. The solution for players is to play 100p maps, as those are not tutorial maps, the inactivity in there should be much less.

basically I think game can add something to system to solve it , ıf player completed a certain number game without being inactive , player will get gold award , or ıf you are inactive you cant join another new game next 1-2 day
      There is a feature for the tutorial which allows for streak bonuses for the first week.

This should be implemented in all games where possible, with slightly altered awards.
    • Years ago I used to play Diplomacy online (PBEM). Each player's profile had a statistic for the number or percentage of games completed versus dropped out.

I can't recall exactly how it was implemented but the point was other players could see your drop-out ratio and the ratio could be used to exclude you from certain games if it got too low.

If something along those lines was implemented at least we could see that if Player X's "completion ratio" was say 50%, we would know he is less likely to be a reliable coalition mate. At best it might be a metric to populate games with reliable players.

The only way to improve the ratio is of course to complete the games you started.

Just something that crossed my mind as I read this thread.
    • It is not a bad idea, but it would be even easier to spot the likely inactives than it already is, and predators would certainly take big advantage from that. PvP wars would decrease even further, and the game would completely devolve into a PvAI where that "AI" is notably bad.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • polixenes wrote:

Years ago I used to play Diplomacy online (PBEM). Each player's profile had a statistic for the number or percentage of games completed versus dropped out.

I can't recall exactly how it was implemented but the point was other players could see your drop-out ratio and the ratio could be used to exclude you from certain games if it got too low.

If something along those lines was implemented at least we could see that if Player X's "completion ratio" was say 50%, we would know he is less likely to be a reliable coalition mate. At best it might be a metric to populate games with reliable players.

The only way to improve the ratio is of course to complete the games you started.

Just something that crossed my mind as I read this thread.
      A most interesting idea @freezy .. not to bad a suggestion.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

It is not a bad idea, but it would be even easier to spot the likely inactives than it already is, and predators would certainly take big advantage from that. PvP wars would decrease even further, and the game would completely devolve into a PvAI where that "AI" is notably bad.
      I'm not sure I follow your logic to the conclusions, but for sure there would be some quirks to carefully think out. By smarter minds than mine!
    • I cant answer for everyone, but for me, I am quitting because the tutorial locked up on a dialog box that says to use gold to raise morale and there is no response clicking on box. There is no suggestion how to go forward from there. Backspace brings you to the main page, but there is nowhere that says where I can spend the gold to raise morale or even spend it on anything at all.

Good luck.