CoW Economic Guide - 2024 (updated)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gen. Smit wrote:

The graph is very good on which you may start first rural or city, I will consider this in a next game, thx for the effort.

But it does not settle the issue of city lvl 3 vs level 5 and I am sure the lvl 5 comes out as the winner. you cant let your industries stay at lvl3, impossible that it is more efficient than promoting them to lvl5
      But sorry, in cities you have an advantage over rural provinces as production, a rural province will never produce as well as a city
    • My personal observations, which mirror the urban/rural table pretty well.

1. Rural industry comes up fast and pays off fast.
      2. Urban RC is more efficient than rural RC. If you have to build those somewhere, better to build them in your cities and let your rurals build the industry.
      3. Factories are another reason to not build industry in cities right away.
      4. As your empire grows, your core is a decreasing fraction of your overall production.
      5. Most games end or become non-competitive before level 5 industry pays off.
      6. Morale makes a larger impact on production than industry. If you really want to juice your early economy, capture 1-2 enemy capitals on day 1, at the expense of industry.
      7. The compromise approach that works for me is to build industry for the 1-2 resources that are critical to my early expansion plans. The rest can wait.
      8. Most of the time, I don't build industry beyond 3-4. I max out my urban and rural RC long before I max out all of my industry.
    • The problem with rural-first is that, by definition, you don't have provinces for the resources you need to boost most, BECAUSE you have no (or just one) rurals for them. Of course that can be mitigated and you have some for the ones you DO need as well, but they can soak up only a limited amount of your resources-allocated-to-industry.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.

The post was edited 1 time, last by K.Rokossovski ().

• Absolutely. Not to mention, the loot you gain from these early gains are relatively HUGE as well compared to your own territory income at that stage.

Then again, my morale is usually at 100% in my core on day 2 anyway, so it makes no difference anymore after that.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I honestly don't understand cities are better in resource and manpower production

z00mz00m wrote:

Le mie osservazioni personali, che rispecchiano abbastanza bene il tavolo urbano/rurale.

1. L'industria rurale emerge rapidamente e si ripaga rapidamente.
      2. La RC urbana è più efficiente della RC rurale. Se devi costruirli da qualche parte, meglio costruirli nelle tue città e lasciare che i tuoi rurali costruiscano l'industria.
      3. Le fabbriche sono un altro motivo per non costruire subito l'industria nelle città.
      4. Man mano che il tuo impero cresce, il tuo nucleo è una frazione decrescente della tua produzione complessiva.
      5. La maggior parte dei giochi finisce o diventa non competitiva prima che l'industria di livello 5 ripaghi.
      6. Il morale ha un impatto maggiore sulla produzione rispetto all'industria. Se vuoi davvero spremere la tua economia iniziale, cattura 1-2 capitali nemiche il giorno 1, a spese dell'industria.
      7. L'approccio di compromesso che funziona per me è costruire l'industria per le 1-2 risorse che sono fondamentali per i miei primi piani di espansione. Il resto può aspettare.
      8. La maggior parte delle volte, non creo industria oltre 3-4. Massimizzo il mio RC urbano e rurale molto prima di massimizzare tutto il mio settore.
    • turic95 wrote:

I honestly don't understand cities are better in resource and manpower production

z00mz00m wrote:

Le mie osservazioni personali, che rispecchiano abbastanza bene il tavolo urbano/rurale.

2. La RC urbana è più efficiente della RC rurale. Se devi costruirli da qualche parte, meglio costruirli nelle tue città e lasciare che i tuoi rurali costruiscano l'industria.
      3. Le fabbriche sono un altro motivo per non costruire subito l'industria nelle città.
      4. Man mano che il tuo impero cresce, il tuo nucleo è una frazione decrescente della tua produzione complessiva.
      5. La maggior parte dei giochi finisce o diventa non competitiva prima che l'industria di livello 5 ripaghi.
      6. Il morale ha un impatto maggiore sulla produzione rispetto all'industria. Se vuoi davvero spremere la tua economia iniziale, cattura 1-2 capitali nemiche il giorno 1, a spese dell'industria.
      7. L'approccio di compromesso che funziona per me è costruire l'industria per le 1-2 risorse che sono fondamentali per i miei primi piani di espansione. Il resto può aspettare.
      8. La maggior parte delle volte, non creo industria oltre 3-4. Massimizzo il mio RC urbano e rurale molto prima di massimizzare tutto il mio settore.

Yes, but the returns on rural industry are much higher than city industry. For example, building the first level yields +10% in a city but 35% in the countryside. The net RoI is very similar, see above graph.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I do not agree with this choice for me it is more important to focus first on the cities and then on the rural provinces which you will be forced to do sooner or later anyway

K.Rokossovski wrote:

turic95 wrote:

I honestly don't understand cities are better in resource and manpower production

z00mz00m wrote:

Yes, but the returns on rural industry are much higher than city industry. For example, building the first level yields +10% in a city but 35% in the countryside. The net RoI is very similar, see above graph.
    • This is true. Getting people (myself included) off of the perfection train and onto the world domination train can take some convincing. It helps when there is an economic argument.

More importantly, early conquest kills off your neighbors and builds a buffer around your core so you can get a good night's sleep without losing anything important.