Population Fix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Population Fix

I noticed the population of cities in this game is completely unrealistic. For example, The population of Billings, in the nation of Montana, has 6 times more people than the entire state of Montana has IRL. Similarly, the population of New York City is much too small.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • Forwarded the issue with Wau for fixing. As for the rest: As long as population is comparable to other cities on the map it is fine. Sadly it is too difficult to balance all population numbers for all provinces historically accurate while at the same time keeping a good resource balance (as resource production is tied to population). Since the number is pretty hidden, it should not be that important I think.
    • freezy wrote:

Sadly it is too difficult to balance all population numbers for all provinces historically accurate while at the same time keeping a good resource balance (as resource production is tied to population). Since the number is pretty hidden, it should not be that important I think.
      It is important precisely because population was important in reality as well, as a limit to the size and type of army you are able to field.

I think it would greatly increase the appeal the game has if an attempt could be made to make it balanced in the historical game modes at least.

Some things which I think are needed for a good historical balance:

• A agricultural vs service/industry employment ratio per province or at least area, so that a population rich province in China/India don't give the kind of income that New York does.
      • The above ratio could impact consumption as well since developed populations consume much more resources.
      • A more historical distribution of other resources ( please no oil in Japan or Libya that historically had almost 0 production during ww2 but in game can get 3x the output of Texas on Historical maps ).
    • xXCooksterXx wrote:

As of when I post this, the population of wau hasn't been changed lol
      I will pass that along again, but of course maps are not updated very often, so it will remain unfixed until the next map update. Map updates don't happen with the regular weekly game engine updates.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<