Cargo Planes/troop transport aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• While this seems a good mechanic to many, it complicates the game too much, your troops don't need transport, there's paratroopers and ballistic/aerial units are turned into transport trucks, and units taken over sea turn into transport ships, you already have what your wanting, but its more subtle.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • My question would be;

What massive movement of troops via air transport would adding such a feature aim to represent?

I am unaware of any mass troop movements during WWII conducted using air transports. Paratroopers, mechanized units, tranport ships and the wearing out of boot soles by walking are all well represented.

First such troop movement that comes to mind would be Dessert Storm where USA used civillian ailiners to fly military personnel by the thousands to Saudi Arabia prior to start of that war. Not sure if it had been done on such a scale previously.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

Not sure if it had been done on such a scale previously.
      Well Vietnam also saw a pretty big commitment of US troops, and I'm pretty sure they didn't sail there.

But indeed, in WW2 almost all large-scale long-distance troop transports were carried out by ship or train.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.