Pause research

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pause research

One can accelerate research, but sometimes it is convenient to be able to pause research, in that way units can be produced at the lower level still, or with a city almost to be conquered the units can be of lower and faster to poroduce lvl as well. Also for synchronizing the promotion this would be handy, if one needs an emergency construction which interferes with mass leveling up around research finish time.
    • Technically, you have 2 methods of 'delaying' your research.

1. Don't start it.

2. Cancel the research and start again when ready for it.

No additional coding required.

Though I'm constantly hoping for a 3rd research slot to open up on day 10 and a 4th on day 20.

Can't recall last time I cancelled research and used to get upset when cancelled it by mistake. Grateful for the verification button when I hit cancel by mistake.
      General Maximus Decimus Meridius - "Are you not entertained?"
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

One can accelerate research, but sometimes it is convenient to be able to pause research, in that way units can be produced at the lower level still, or with a city almost to be conquered the units can be of lower and faster to poroduce lvl as well. Also for synchronizing the promotion this would be handy, if one needs an emergency construction which interferes with mass leveling up around research finish time.
      yes this would be a very good idea. I don’t think the guy on top of me got what OP was saying. He said that make it so you can PAUSE it.
      知己知彼,百战不殆
      :00010164: :00008172: :00002178: :00002047: :00000156: :00010180: :00010317:
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

yes this would be a very good idea. I don’t think the guy on top of me got what OP was saying. He said that make it so you can PAUSE it.
      After researching higher level units, there should be an option to produce lower levels as well.
    • The Warsaw Pact wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

After researching higher level units, there should be an option to produce lower levels as well.
      In order to have more units. lol
      I have been saying this from the start. There is NOT enough units.
      It would be fun to have manned front lines. Max the stacking at 10.

Look Ive been playing strategy games for 45+ years. Choose to listen or not.
      Ive played everything from Risk, to Axis and Allies, to way more complex (like 88, Panzer, armor) of which this game is based.
      But 88 had scenarios based on actual available units at the time and place as well as their specs. With certain objectives one had to reach.

Or you can gold an army of a certain size (but only fun if others have that ability), but it would be so much fun to have large manned fronts.
    • At least when cancelling research, you get some of the resources back similar to cancelling construction on a building. I recently had to cancel research due to significant last minute adjustments in priorities/responsibilities needed during an AvA game.

It's certainly not ideal because you have nothing to show for the progress you've made like with cancelling construction of buildings.
    • Moss20 wrote:

The Warsaw Pact wrote:

Destructo the Great wrote:

Gen. Smit wrote:

In order to have more units. lol
      Bo in order to have units quicker where needed and need not be of high level directly, (or level them up by promotion.