Experience

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No, this would be odd in a manner, the more they fight the more damaged they get, a buff would counteract that and therefore make starting troops OP against a peaceful nation, which then becomes unfair, in a way.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Based on the game mechanics in Call of War, inexperienced units will always have an advantage due to the slow rate of health recovery. Units that have never seen combat have full health. Units that have seen combat have reduced health. It's not really realistic, but it's how the game works. Adjust your strategy and tactics accordingly.
    • Moss20 wrote:

I agree about experience. it would be cool to be able to "enhance" units.
      stuff like;
      faster movement in Mountains or hills etc
      better defense in city warfare or on plains.
      Infantry with artillery capabilities, or AA defense.
      stuff like that.
      This has already been done, if you paid attention maybe you'd notice, and AA is infantry, and Artillery is Infantry, so boom, everything you wanted already given.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Moss20 wrote:

lol that is not what I meant.
      I meant to enhance a unit in play by gathering experience. Like a veteran unit ..
      Already have that too, its called upgrading units. maybe look into something before talking?

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Moss20 wrote:

I meant to enhance a unit in play by gathering experience. Like a veteran unit ..
      Already have that too, its called upgrading units. maybe look into something before talking?
      I’m of the opinion upgrading units represents improvements in technology, not experience.
      Units upgrading represent new arms and to live to be upgraded means they have battle experience. i guess you could say.

Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • If possible, also I would like to see an element of experience points added, me too.
      Many people imagine that the larger the caliber and barrel length of the rifle, the larger the bullet hole, and the improved gunpowder will increase the bullet speed and power, and at first glance, the offensive power will increase without exception.

But those are prejudices.
      Fundamentally, powerful weapons and advanced tactics are difficult to handle or control.

For an instance, not just long guns, increasing the firepower means increasing the recoil, which also increases the factors that hinder the next shot, and that occur squib load, and that increases barrel cooling time, and that reduces the amount an infantryman can carry.

Onother instance, echelon formation is easy to change the front of the unit and get a large able of firing area, but on the other hand, it is easy for units to collide and fire each other.

So soldiers and commanders train, and officers repeat military drill maneuvers.

Also, proficiency and special experience might have different meanings.

Amount of simple training can never make anyone master a weapon that requires advanced knowledge.
      In order to accurately predict the trajectory of a metal composite moving in a gas-filled space while drawing a curve under the influence of the wind, advanced mathematics must be applied to understand the mechanism of these phenomena one by one.

The post was edited 6 times, last by pod_than ().

• Fox-Company wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Moss20 wrote:

I’m of the opinion upgrading units represents improvements in technology, not experience.
      Units upgrading represent new arms and to live to be upgraded means they have battle experience. i guess you could say.
      Not talking about new arms. Upgraded weaponry. I am talking about actual field experience. I am talking about when a unit has been in combat for a while, the combined arms mastery gets better, thus field experience. But in keeping with a game. Not better weaponry as times progresses
    • I like the idea of units gathering a sort of XP. Like after surviving a battle a single unit may have slightly increased defensive percentages in core or even noncore provinces. I get that upgrading a unit would pretty much be the equivalent, But small almost insignificant numbers can add up at scale. Obviously an army that has gained experience should have something to show for it. Slightly further view ranges when it comes to ships or armored cars/mot infantry. Hair thin improvements to make something more dynamic. Maybe a unit experience pool.
      All of the single units in a stack and average out there different stat bonuses.