who wins if units are capable of mutual destruction?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• who wins if units are capable of mutual destruction?

Attacker:
      Motor Infantry on 0.2 HP
      Attack vs unarmoured 1.1

Defender:
      Militia on 1.0 HP
      Defence vs light armour 1.2
      (I think motor infantry is light armour?)
      Defence vs unarmoured 2.0
      Iin case it's not)

Seems to me that the defender will die next attack, but inflict enough damage to kill the attacker.

What happens, mutual extinction? I will know in 20 minutes !!!!!
    • And the answer is - the attacker won but lost no further health.

I take from this the game calculates attack damage, removes destroyed units, and then calculates defensive damage caused by the survivors (in this case none).

I think aerial bombardment is calculated differently. I am sure my bombers have destroyed a target in one hit but still taken defensive damage.
    • In all non air melee battles the defenders damage is dealt before it's HP is decreased. The offensive and defensive damage occur simultaneously so it is possible for both sides to die in a round. From the wiki regarding melee battles:

"Attacking damage is applied to the defender and defending damage is applied to the attacker simultaneously."

In contrast, in plane attacks on land or sea stacks the defensive damage is applied to the plane first so the plane will lose some HP before it's offensive damage is calculated. It would be possible for a weak plane to die before it can deal it's damage. From the wiki:
      • Land or sea armies attacked by airplanes always deal out their defensive damage first before the attacking damage of the airplane is dealt out, giving defenders a small advantage. In air to air combat, attacking and defensive damage is applied at the same time.
    • The Wiki should be correct on this. I remember seeing this several times myself in games already some years ago, that both units killed eachother off at the same time. Could of course be that the code changed under the hood over time or there is a bug.

polixenes wrote:

Interesting that this was not the case in my example, but it wouldn't be the first time wikipedia was wrong about something.
      Well can you point out where the Wiki is wrong? :)
    • polixenes wrote:

The attacker, with 0.2 HP, won the final round of combat without losing health. So that suggests the defender's damage was not applied simultaneously. That's where the wiki is potentially wrong. Unless this was an edge case exception to the rule.
      For now I wouldnt regard this test as definitive proof that it is wrong as it was just a single situation observed for now, so I suggest to test this muliple times to really rule out any other causes.

With my question I mean any other place where the wiki may be wrong, as you said that it isn't the first time where the wiki is wrong?
    • Well this isn't a real wiki of course; only Bytro people can edit it. The name causes confusion sometimes of course; it is really more a help file.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • freezy wrote:

polixenes wrote:

The attacker, with 0.2 HP, won the final round of combat without losing health. So that suggests the defender's damage was not applied simultaneously. That's where the wiki is potentially wrong. Unless this was an edge case exception to the rule.
      For now I wouldnt regard this test as definitive proof that it is wrong as it was just a single situation observed for now, so I suggest to test this muliple times to really rule out any other causes.
      With my question I mean any other place where the wiki may be wrong, as you said that it isn't the first time where the wiki is wrong?

I just one shot a bb with subs. Expected defensive damage of bb was 1.4, sub lost 1.3. So in the final round the defender did do defensive damage.