Reenacting WW2 in Call of War?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cecil Rhodes. wrote:

VictoryFirst wrote:

Hmm, this thread is slowly dying, unfortunately...
      I hope we can even get to six or seven players. We already have four!
      If you know some friends who would also like to take part in something like this, please let them know!
      Good day,I would like to participate in one of these rounds.
      (Romania is thats is fine with you)
      Hi Cecil Rhodes,

Glad to hear you want to take part. You may bring Romania to ultimate victory!
    • Gen. Smit wrote:

when do you want to start it, eventually I could start a private game as I have a premium version. Is it fair to say that there are certain hours that attacking is forbidden, so that we are sleeping in thye night, or people are from around the globe?
      That is very good! We don't have to do any exploit stuff now with the alliance. If you can start the private game, that's excellent.
    • Good news! We have enough players (7)! This means we can start the test game soon. But first, a few minor notes:

1. Three players haven't yet specified the country they like to play as. You still have the time to do that. If you still haven't specified which country, in let's say two days, I'll decide randomly.

2. Please note the time zone you are in in the newspaper of our CoW game. On closer inspection, it's better if this is not done in the thread, otherwise, it will get very messy. If there are any major time zone differences, we will adapt to them.

3. The purpose of the test game is to develop a balanced and fun ruleset, for when we play real games. So during (or after, when you want to do an After Action Report), it is the intention that you observe and make comments. Mainly about things like how strong you are at a certain point, some things that you had difficulties with, some things you think were unfair, or some rules for balancing you would like to have included. Also, for the US, it is important for you to think of a day on which you think it's best to join the war. We could also calculate a bit i.e. if Germany attacks Russia on day 7 or something, the US will join on day 9 (22 months in seven days, so one day is three months).

4. It's best if both sides create a coalition: an Axis, and an Allies one. The Soviets are not allowed to join the Allied coalition (mainly because there are only three places available, but also because this simulates that the Soviets and the Allies didn't cooperate fully, they just had the same enemies), but they may share map.

5. If a neutral nation happens to declare war on you, which you are not allowed to attack (i.e. Sweden or Turkey), don't take any land from it. Fight as defensive as possible, unless there is no other option.

6. Note that the French player isn't immediately out of the game if they get defeated. They can always pull their units out of France if it is clear they'll lose, and move them to Africa, to fight on as Free France. We won't play with weird Vichy France stuff.

Let's begin the test game on October 29th. Luckily for us, Gen. Smit is willing to set the game up, since he has a premium account. Thanks!

Again, if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Good luck in advance, and I hope this project turns into something great :)
    • Claudio NVKP wrote:

I'll be the United States
      Hi, thanks for signing up! You are going to be the eighth player. This means we either need to add another country, Spain, or, we need to choose a player who will not play in test game 1, but in test game 2. I think the first is the best option, although in test game 1 the Spain player will not have a lot to do. But waiting for the next game is more boring than playing a country that is neutral in my opinion.

Rules for Spain:
      May not join the war, unless certain conditions are met.
      May trade resources with the Axis.
      Joins the war if Gibraltar and Suez are taken.
      Allies may not attack Spain unless Spain has joined the war.

These rules follow the goal of test game 1 (follow history). We could make Spain join the war immediately in test game 2 if it turns out that the Axis have a very hard time winning.

The post was edited 1 time, last by VictoryFirst ().

• I came up with a new group of nations, called 'Neutral Axis'. They are technically friendly to the Axis but are neutral to the war. These countries might be a bit boring to play as, so I hope you guys are ok with that (I gave Gen. Smit Sweden because I think it's impossible to host a game, but not take part in it).

For the game options, I think it's best to choose these:

Choose country - Free choice
      Victory Conditions - 100% (we are going to develop our own Victory Conditions)
      Team settings - Coalitions
      Anonymous round - No
      Number of players - 8
      Start game - When full

Peacetime period - 1 day
      Peacetime period for NPCs - 0 days
      Anti-cheat - Yes
      Max. inactivity - 2 days
      Minimal rank - >=0

We are going to play with a password. I am not going to put it here, since that means some weird people that don't take part in this could join in as well. I will send it to you all via the Conversations function (to the right of the Notifications).

I assigned Lord Crayfish to Italy since it was the only country left.

I am looking forward to the game guys!
    • VictoryFirst wrote:

Luther Strasburg wrote:

Good Day! Can I Join As The United Kingdom? And One of the Test Rounds Also?
      Hi Luther Strasburg,
      I hope you have noticed that the test game begins on October 29th. Since I am unable to send you the game name and password, I will do it here in the forum.

Game name: WW2 in Call of War
      Password: ww2
      Dear players, the game is on, the Game ID is #6302008
    • We might have a slight problem. Apparently, a gold fee is always needed for a custom game, unless private. We either need to play on anyway and find a replacement for everyone who cannot pay the fee, or we need to do the alliance thing again. We will then have to create two temporary alliances and host an AvA match.

What do you guys want?
    • Gen. Smit, are you able to create only one game per month, or infinite? Someone in the help chat created a Blitzkrieg game as well, to see if gold is needed. His game doesn't need gold, so I think it depends on the settings. His settings that were different from ours were:

Random country selection
      Anti-cheat disabled
      Start right away.