Useless Interceptors

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Useless Interceptors

especially against allied doctrine
      when you try to attack enemy planes with interceptors they are going back to your airbase , enemy is sending planes there and while refueling you lost planes

ok don't attack lets try to patrol
      enemy finds your airbase where your planes took off to patrol , when he destroyed this airbase your planes again going to another airbase to refuel , and you lost planes again

by the way enemy has 0 interceptors

and you lost your all hunter planes really what is this ?? he hunted your all planes with bombers
      you cant attack , you cant patrol what will you do ?
    • Another idea may be to base your planes a bit further in the back, so your air bases are out of range of his bombers, while your own range ensures that they DO have range to the actual battlefield.

Another idea, especially if he is not using interceptors, is to divide your interceptors into several smaller stacks. That way one of those groups can engage the enemy planes, while the other one protects your air base when you are refuelling. Sure, he can still attack them, but he'll pay for it because your second group will inflict losses on him as well.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Another idea may be to base your planes a bit further in the back, so your air bases are out of range of his bombers, while your own range ensures that they DO have range to the actual battlefield.

Another idea, especially if he is not using interceptors, is to divide your interceptors into several smaller stacks. That way one of those groups can engage the enemy planes, while the other one protects your air base when you are refuelling. Sure, he can still attack them, but he'll pay for it because your second group will inflict losses on him as well.
      allies has already %15 range bonus and ıf he has higher level planes it is about impossible
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Bombers range is almost 3x that of interceptors, this is literally impossible
      Ah we're talking strats then; I thought this was about tacs.

Strats have great range, but they are also very slow. When they have to come all the way from their base, your fighters have already refuelled before they get to you. So this is only about engaging them before they hit you. In that case you can at least do the trade off: when equal numbers of (his) strats are hit by (your) fighters, it is hard for them to do the same damage to you when you're refuelling that you did to him when you DA'ed him. Since strats are also more expensive than fighters, yes, you do take damage, but he takes more.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Bombers range is almost 3x that of interceptors, this is literally impossible
      Ah we're talking strats then; I thought this was about tacs.
      Strats have great range, but they are also very slow. When they have to come all the way from their base, your fighters have already refuelled before they get to you. So this is only about engaging them before they hit you. In that case you can at least do the trade off: when equal numbers of (his) strats are hit by (your) fighters, it is hard for them to do the same damage to you when you're refuelling that you did to him when you DA'ed him. Since strats are also more expensive than fighters, yes, you do take damage, but he takes more.
      That's more acceptable, thanks for clearing that up.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Strategic bombers are tough. Consider my current game as Allies:
      Level 4 fighter has 30hp and an air A/D value of 13/8.7
      Level 4 strategic bomber has 75hp and an air A/D value of 5/2.5
      They will do a lot of damage to fighters and keep on flying, so it's not so easy to take them down.
      Not as drastic for Pan Asian, who have better fighters, but similar end result.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Find him before he finds you. you can see his airbase just as well as he can see your's.

This is the main thing. If the enemy knows where your planes are based, but you don't see his and you don't even know what he built, you're going to have a hard time staying alive. Need to be better prepared. Gather your intel.
    • ok I am going to provide you with a diversion, yuou create a forward airstrip, be it level 1 or 2, 1 plane will move from that one, he will trace the trail and go with strats to bomb it.

BUT,. you have that lure airfield patrolled by lots of interceptors, so they will kill of a lot of the strat hitpoints, and once the raid has been done, you directly do a direct attack on the remaining bombers, it would never hurt to have some AA on said luring airfield. I am sure not a lot of expensive strats will survive.

If you are very active you start patrolling only once he is in close range, because he will think he is safe then.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Fox-Company wrote:

Find him before he finds you. you can see his airbase just as well as he can see your's.
      This is the main thing. If the enemy knows where your planes are based, but you don't see his and you don't even know what he built, you're going to have a hard time staying alive. Need to be better prepared. Gather your intel.
      It is impossible to watch your enemy and not know this, every time a plane attacks, it LITERALLY shows you where the plane came from, there is NO excuse to not know if you have watched him bomb you.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • True.

Even before he attacks YOU he attacked someone else. The newspaper is a good source of intel about what your opponent has been building and using to kill others. Another source is their Service Record. Scroll down to PvP and AI Statistics to see what your opponent builds most often. Are they an artillery junkie? Do they prefer cruisers to battleships? How many airfields do they build, which signals they use the air force in an offensive role as they expand their empire.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Another source is their Service Record. Scroll down to PvP and AI Statistics to see what your opponent builds most often.
      Unless I'm missing something, doesn't that mainly tell you what you have killed and not necessarily what you use? I suppose if the ratio is relatively low compared to other units it could indicate they they use that unit a lot so more of your own die, but there could conceivably be other explanations. I use air a lot, but my stats don't really indicate that since I don't tend to lose a lot of planes. Achievements on the other hand give info about what you are using to get kills, e.g. Flying Ace and Carbetbomber.
    • That's true. It's not a perfect tool.

Looking at my own stats, my Heavy Tank ratio is 61. This makes sense, because I rarely build that unit. I've killed a lot of them, but I haven't lost a lot of them. Units that I build a lot won't have such a high K/D ratio. I'm generally careful with my units, but my Infantry ratio is only 5.9 because I use them a lot. Militia is even worse at 2.1 but that's because I use militia to infiltrate behind enemy lines and to mount low-cost surprise invasions. More of those units die, compared to regular units that fight with artillery support and under friendly air cover.

It's not easy to tell exactly what's going on by looking at these stats, but you can see patterns.
    • I don't look at ratio at all, I look at deaths. It's crude but it's a decent assumption that a player that has lost a lot of Unit X has thus produced and used a lot of Unit X. When combined with economic stats it can give you a baseline expectation for the types of units they're likely to use, better than nothing at least. Obv some sort of recon or newspaper snooping or spy intel is required to confirm.
    • This can be quite ok, but be aware that people also build random buildings (often tank plants, because these will be resources in excess and quick to build) to improve economic score in the last turn.

But deaths is certainly a valid source of information, (my units tend to die little though)
    • z00mz00m wrote:

That's true. It's not a perfect tool.

Looking at my own stats, my Heavy Tank ratio is 61. This makes sense, because I rarely build that unit. I've killed a lot of them, but I haven't lost a lot of them. Units that I build a lot won't have such a high K/D ratio. I'm generally careful with my units, but my Infantry ratio is only 5.9 because I use them a lot. Militia is even worse at 2.1 but that's because I use militia to infiltrate behind enemy lines and to mount low-cost surprise invasions. More of those units die, compared to regular units that fight with artillery support and under friendly air cover.

It's not easy to tell exactly what's going on by looking at these stats, but you can see patterns.
      And can depend on doctrine heavily, I build shitloads of militia when comintern, they are so powerful once level 4 and in the right terrain, there is not much that can beat them in a fortification, combined with some AT and AA, artillery does, but you can use that too, and fortifications make the militia almost like tanks (82 "effective" health, ok i exaggerated a bit ;) )
    • Why aren't your airbases protected by AA and another stack of IC?

Most of the time airbases aren't in range of each other. Both of you are pushing your air to the front lines and they meet at their extreme ranges.
      If you do use a forward airbase then you def need AA and have a secondary stack of IC's guarding your forward airbase.

A lot of the time I find that rockets are reallly useful for taking out Airfields.