Defenses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• May I offer some suggestions for defenses.
      There are games I like playing defense. I build myself into a super fortress nation.
      And its absolutely fun, lol

That said.
      Suggestions. Static defenses. Fortifications are good, but lets enhance it.
      Have us be able to build city or province air defenses, long range static artillery (range similar to Railroad guns) city defense troops and artillery (same range as regular artillery/rockets), again static.
      And mines? both land and sea. Something heavily used in both wars.
      I had also suggested once to have fortifications outside a province center. To be able to be placed along the "roads/routes"

And lastly, observation balloons to see far/ and act as an air defense as well. Also heavily used in the wars.

@freezy .. what do you think?
    • I believe this has been asked of by Bytro many times, espically mines and longer range artillery, over the years, none of this has been changed, so i doubt it ever will until their game is on the hard decline and need new content, or it will stay the up and down it currently is.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

I believe this has been asked of by Bytro many times, espically mines and longer range artillery, over the years, none of this has been changed, so i doubt it ever will until their game is on the hard decline and need new content, or it will stay the up and down it currently is.
      I get that. No harm in re-invigorating this topic.

I would also add, Machinegun units (both infantry style and mechanized/motorized)

As well as engineer unit. could be used to clear mines, build mines, build static defense etc

And, some new ships: mine sweepers, mini subs, frigates, and small gun boats.

Again this is for fun. Not making a deal of it.
    • Moss, there are too many "turtle" players in CoW.
      They just build a bunch of crap all over the map, load up on units, and then sit there.
      This makes it harder to finish games.
      I would be in favor of more defense if the winning conditions were easier to reach.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

Moss, there are too many "turtle" players in CoW.
      They just build a bunch of crap all over the map, load up on units, and then sit there.
      This makes it harder to finish games.
      I would be in favor of more defense if the winning conditions were easier to reach.
      Interesting point. Oh I don't sit there. I'm like a juggernaut of death haha.
      I get what you are saying. I look at it as a challenge lol
    • z00mz00m wrote:

What do you do after 10 plus days of building up the war machine? How do you win the map? Unless you just wait for everyone else to quit
      I move but slowly. The line just moves up and up.
      I do not always play like this. I said I do it for fun.
      Try it. Play super defense. But defense also includes striking back. Just not stacks and away we go. And idc about winning the actual game.
      I care more about stats. And my own knowledge. And discovering new combos and strategies.
      But thats me. You do you, thats fine lol
    • Destructo the Great wrote:

they should defensive towers like the G anti air tower

And fast to build trenches

And mines
      Also Water mines

Maybe give infantry range of 15km by giving them some mortars

Siege mortars would be nice too
      I did mention mines. Mine sweepers, engineers and so forth.
      Trenches should be static defenses that you can place anywhere in the province (along the routes of course), as well as province center defenses.
      And knowing the AIs, they would go nuts with this, which adds a super layer of fun. The reason people want to zip through a game is because its way to rinse repeat.
      But I love the mortar idea. I had not thought of that. much like rocket launchers. maybe though make it like missiles. can hit friendlies, and once launched thats it. lol. short range of course.

And maybe one day we get RIVERS. Land features is THE obstacle in all wars

@freezy still waiting for you to weigh in hehe

Remember, forums is to exchange ideas. I value everyone's input.
    • Moss20 wrote:

I guess freezy gets very tired of hearing the same suggestions over & over again. Mines... check. Trenches... check. Rivers... check. Hey, where's the hospitals?!?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • W

Destructo the Great wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Moss20 wrote:

I guess freezy gets very tired of hearing the same suggestions over & over again. Mines... check. Trenches... check. Rivers... check. Hey, where's the hospitals?!?
      HOSPITALS
      OH NO I FORGOT HOSPITALS, LETS COMPLAIN MORE!
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.