Computer Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Computer Players

On regular maps, under what circumstances does the computer replace an AI for a player for a playable country? I've seen a few times where a country under early attack is replaced by an AI but I've seen times where players join a game with their country already under attack.

I've seen other times where an AI takes over for a playable country with no rhyme or reason. It's rare, but it appears somewhat random.

Anyone have any insights?
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Sorry for not being clear. I'm aware of players going inactive.

I mean, at the very beginning of a game, when does an AI take over a playable country instead of having an active player start there? It doesn't happen every game, but I've seen it happen several times now.
      Ah, I see what you mean. My guess is this, although I'm not by any means certain:

Take, for example, the 100-player world map game. If memory serves me right, there are more than 100 playable countries. When 100 players join the game, the few remaining ones that haven't been chosen by players are then taken over by the AI.

What if the game never fills? I don't know then. I'd imagine that it's the regular 3 day thing.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • When the game reaches 100 spots taken, spots which are taken by a player but he never actually enters the game interface (clsoing browser before, stuff like that) are offered for a short period on the "New games" tab to other players; then they immediately go AI.

Seeing people go AI later in the game without ANY inactivity period means they were banned.

Spots which aren't taken can remain on the "New games" for a long time; when you start FP games you can sometimes join them as a new player on day 12 or something like that. The AI manages them before that though.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.