Servers down for ​Maintenance 4th January [BACK UP]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Servers down for ​Maintenance 4th January [BACK UP]

Generals,

The servers are down for maintenance .. this should be for a short time only.
    if the servers stay down for an extended period the Developers will be contacted for further information to pass along to users.

Thank you for your patience and my apologies that none of us were given any notice before the outage.

We are exasperated as well, regarding the server stability after it was relaunched,
    The Developers have been informed

/edit
    Dev reply:
    ''we are having a connectivity problem (database to game server) and working on it''
    Field Marshal Dan
    Former Call of War Game Operator & staff trainer 2015-17
    Community Coordinator @ New World Empires
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs
  • ~Azazel~ wrote:

This isn't a server outage bud. This is actual pre-planned maintenance. So just take a deep breath.
    yeah sure

they finally coded some decent way to treat database connection failures, like any piece of decent web software outwere today

and now they call db outages maintenance

and if the servers will stay down to long they will alert the devs? that's funny
  • EnacheV wrote:

and now they call db outages maintenance

and if the servers will stay down to long they will alert the devs? that's funny
    The servers are TAKEN down for maintenance. And we all know there is some stuff for them to work on right?

the Devs are already aware [they took the servers down] but what I have stated, is:

Field Marshal Dan wrote:

Developers will be contacted for further information to pass along to users.
    Field Marshal Dan
    Former Call of War Game Operator & staff trainer 2015-17
    Community Coordinator @ New World Empires
    EN Community Support | Bytro Labs
  • This isnt some conspiracy. The servers have some major issues, as Dan said, that we're all aware of. If they don't take down the servers and impliment updates and fixes, then future outages and bugs and issues will still occur. When the servers go down WITHOUT a planned maintenance, the immediate issue is repaired, and the servers are brought back online as quickly as possible. Which means that underlying causes and problems still exist, and as a result need tending to in an organised, planned, controlled fashion rather than on a knee-jerk "deal with it when it happens" reactionary basis. So chill pill. You want the game to get better? The problems to go away? Let the guys perform maintenance without breathing down their neck with accusations of conspiracy.
  • Most likely, in the chaos of all of the recent outages, and as a result the increased workload the staff has had, communication has fallen to the way-side in the meantime. It happens. Walk into any over-worked workplace and you'll find people forgetting things, other things being put off or dismissed as "not important right now" or "it can wait until I've finished this". We all do it. It happens. They're people. Human beings. Stop expecting them to be flawless and meet your every whim and demand and expectation.
  • ~Azazel~ wrote:

Most likely, in the chaos of all of the recent outages, and as a result the increased workload the staff has had, communication has fallen to the way-side in the meantime. It happens. Walk into any over-worked workplace and you'll find people forgetting things, other things being put off or dismissed as "not important right now" or "it can wait until I've finished this". We all do it. It happens. They're people. Human beings. Stop expecting them to be flawless and meet your every whim and demand and expectation.
    you know i was like you some time ago

i was calm during the first downtime

also during the 2nd

but every 2 days there is downtime and im out of patience

this kind of uptime percentage is ok for a free hosting website, for a business ? no way
  • ~Azazel~ wrote:

Most likely, in the chaos of all of the recent outages, and as a result the increased workload the staff has had, communication has fallen to the way-side in the meantime. It happens. Walk into any over-worked workplace and you'll find people forgetting things, other things being put off or dismissed as "not important right now" or "it can wait until I've finished this". We all do it. It happens. They're people. Human beings. Stop expecting them to be flawless and meet your every whim and demand and expectation.
    For a guy that swore he was going to quit soon I don't understand your comments. Scheduled Maintenence is either planned/announced with plenty of notice to its customers OR it happens on a regular basis so players know when to expect it and play accordingly. That being said...this event is neither of those two and is simply a necessary reaction to a big server problem early on Monday morning in Germany. A game that only works properly during normal business workdays won't last long.

Also, most games pause/freeze activity during planned downtime which never seems to happen with COW.
  • EnacheV wrote:

~Azazel~ wrote:

you know i was like you some time ago
    i was calm during the first downtime

also during the 2nd

but every 2 days there is downtime and im out of patience

this kind of uptime percentage is ok for a free hosting website, for a business ? no way
    There have been 3-4 unplanned server outages since I joined. They've caused me to go from owning half of a continent to NOTHING in some games. They've caused to me to lose about 150-200$ worth of troops and upgrades. I was pissed, irritated, frustrated, and very rightly so.
    THIS is an entirely different situation, so don't you dare talk down to me or condescend to me and pull your head from out of your arse. I'm done with you.
  • Dont Ban me Bro wrote:

~Azazel~ wrote:

For a guy that swore he was going to quit soon I don't understand your comments. Scheduled Maintenence is either planned/announced with plenty of notice to its customers OR it happens on a regular basis so players know when to expect it and play accordingly. That being said...this event is neither of those two and is simply a necessary reaction to a big server problem early on Monday morning in Germany. A game that only works properly during workdays of Monday through Friday won't last long.
    Also, most games pause/freeze the game during planned downtime which never seems to happen with COW.
    I am quitting lol. I'm not starting any new games, and am finishing the ones that I have. Considering most are 100 player maps, that's going to take a while. I like the game. It's a great game. For the long term, in my personal circumstances and situation however, it's not suitable for me to continue playing it long term. How hard is that to understand? lol.

So you weren't given a heads up, so what? You can claim otherwise if you'd like, but that happens in plenty of other games. Hell, it happens plenty in ESO. It's inconvenient, but think about it, Bytro have had how many problems recently? Just that we're aware of? Somehow they still have to fit a full days work into it as well as all these issues. Because of that, some work, some plans, some projects will as a result have to be done and dealt with suddenly and unexpectedly until they manage to get up-to-date with their work load and schedual. Suck it up.
  • ~Azazel~ wrote:

So you weren't given a heads up, so what? You can claim otherwise if you'd like, but that happens in plenty of other games. Hell, it happens plenty in ESO. It's inconvenient, but think about it, Bytro have had how many problems recently? Just that we're aware of? Somehow they still have to fit a full days work into it as well as all these issues. Because of that, some work, some plans, some projects will as a result have to be done and dealt with suddenly and unexpectedly until they manage to get up-to-date with their work load and schedual. Suck it up.
    Several online games that I play have weekly or daily scheduled maintenance times when the game goes down for 15-60 minutes. Even some mobile apps do the same thing. Everything is paused, you can't attack or be attacked.

Why would I claim otherwise that I wasn't given a heads up about the maintenence...you still make no sense and are talking in circles now. Let me spell it out for you...the servers need lots of work but announcing something that has happened already in the past as being current/future planning is disingenuous. The fact that no official communication from Bytro exists anywhere but from volunteer moderators on a scarecly read forum are concerning as well. I am sure they are overwhelmed but a company person needs to step up.

Excuses get old pretty fast when the fix is always a temporary band-aid (we are sorry, here is 5K gold). I really like the game concept but cannot afford to invest so much time/energy (which is even more valuable than gold) in something that has a track record of instability.
  • Greetings,

The current outages today are due to planned maintenance. This is so that we have, less problems in the future.

The Developers are simply reworking some Databases right now,among other things.

Furthermore, I am genuinely sorry for the inconveniences caused by these recent troubles.